Super charging a zre

Whatever floats ya boat is pretty much the long and short of this story.

I think the unique-ness of the likes of Xoom turbo charging a rolla is magnificent.

But if everyone did it, it wouldnt be unique anymore.

So IMO, generally going to the extremes with a corolla is probably not the smartest of ideas as a rush decision, or as a half hearted idea.

From my personal experience, cars are not cheap. And the more you mod, the more ya got your hand in your pocket.

I love my sportivo for the fact its stock and i dont need to worry bout the niggly things that can go wrong when modding comes into play.

Trust me, my turbo charged 180 is enough to keep me on my toes in that respect.

Smartest idea IMO is if you want a fast car - buy one designed for it. And keep the rolla as ya daily.

Next smartest idea, hold off a few years.

:)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just sold my corolla because I wanted a car that is faster. Corolla's are fun, but to be honest I quickly forgot the Corolla when I hit boost in the RX7 for the first time.

you know i think there are a lot of corolla's out there that would eat your rx for brearfast like mine for instance on 16yr old stock sx rolla suspension i did a 2.09 lap around easter creek race way n open centre diff and 3 previous runs experience i did a 13.7 @ 104.7 mph down the 1/4

no fast corolla's peh

One small thought, Mr Justice's Corolla is an auto and virtually inherited (two factors I had forgotten when I commented earlier). One question he needs to ask himself "Is this the car he really wants to be driving for the next few years?", no point blowing (no pun intended) serious time and money supercharging it if what he really wants to be driving is a Hilux (or an Aurion or something else remarkably different to a Corolla)

Edited by jps137

he mit want to be original make something diffent to wats out there as it may be expensive its also gratifying knowing theres not another like it on the road (no 1 modified car is the same its near imposible)

One small thought, Mr Justice's Corolla is an auto and virtually inherited (two factors I had forgotten when I commented earlier). One question he needs to ask himself "Is this the car he really wants to be driving for the next few years?", no point blowing (no pun intended) serious time and money supercharging it if what he really wants to be driving is a Hilux (or an Aurion or something else remarkably different to a Corolla)

Drem car is an aurion sx6 or higher. maybe even a turbo charged aurion. shrug a young lad can dream

Drem car is an aurion sx6 or higher. maybe even a turbo charged aurion. shrug a young lad can dream

Man, you don't dream very high standards. You can get a TRD Aurion for as cheap as $38k. Used mind you.

Man, you don't dream very high standards. You can get a TRD Aurion for as cheap as $38k. Used mind you.

i like to dream botu things in reach

Even I dream of a turbo on the Aurion. It will probably only remain as that since there is absolutely no room for it. Either way, supercharger FTW.

Like Saj said, you dream car standards aren't too high. Gotta dream harder. It makes you work harder and with more determination. Now this is what I dream of driving:

dream1ry1.jpg

I just sold my corolla because I wanted a car that is faster. Corolla's are fun, but to be honest I quickly forgot the Corolla when I hit boost in the RX7 for the first time.

you know i think there are a lot of corolla's out there that would eat your rx for brearfast like mine for instance on 16yr old stock sx rolla suspension i did a 2.09 lap around easter creek race way n open centre diff and 3 previous runs experience i did a 13.7 @ 104.7 mph down the 1/4

no fast corolla's peh

Throw enough money at anything and it will beat the socks of your car, F cars, Porsches and the likes.

:blink:

My dream car is a Ferrari 430 or Modena 360 that I can pay in cash one day... each to their own I guess. :whistling:

Then go out and get yourself one even if it is a second hand ATX you can always take your bits with you when you upgrade to a Sportivo

LoL Bill....You Love To Tease Us Don't You! It's Not Fair! :(

LOL ..... wat can i say ..... i cant help myself ..... sooner or later someone is bound to bite ;) ;) ;)

no fast corolla's peh

The FD was one of the most balanced cars in terms of handling, let alone straight line speed to ever come out of Japan. I already know I'll out handle, and out run you in a straight line by the figures you gave. If your name was Keiichi Tsuchiya, and it was a downhill Touge, then I might be worried would die for sure.

Edited by RXSeven

no fast corolla's peh

The FD was one of the most balanced cars in terms of handling, let alone straight line speed to ever come out of Japan. I already know I'll out handle, and out run you in a straight line by the figures you gave. If your name was Keiichi Tsuchiya, and it was a downhill Touge, then I might be worried would die for sure.

all i can say is there are some die hard corolla owners on this forum, i can bet my life that if i said a porsche gt2 is better than a stivo id get ripped up

no fast corolla's peh

all i can say is there are some die hard corolla owners on this forum, i can bet my life that if i said a porsche gt2 is better than a stivo id get ripped up

porsche gt2 is a pretty sweet car.

no fast corolla's peh

no fast corolla's peh

im pretty confident i can take ur FD and match ur porsche :P :P :P :P

Both of these guys learnt a lesson the other day ;) ;) ;)

no fast corolla's peh

no fast corolla's peh

im pretty confident i can take ur FD and match ur porsche :P :P :P :P

Both of these guys learnt a lesson the other day ;) ;) ;)

xoom u have a great car and i respect it but u missed my point, your car will never be a rx7 or a porsche and will never come close to matching there base potential. im not out to offend u personaly but theres a mentality that goes around corolla owners who think corollas are sports cars, but in fact they cant compete head to head with japans best there just not desined for it. once again no offence to u xoom many respects

xoom u have a great car and i respect it but u missed my point, your car will never be a rx7 or a porsche and will never come close to matching there base potential. im not out to offend u personaly but theres a mentality that goes around corolla owners who think corollas are sports cars, but in fact they cant compete head to head with japans best there just not desined for it. once again no offence to u xoom many respects

no offense taken mate ..... but put simply and bluntly ..... the corolla is not a sports car at most its a hot hatch ..... and it is from this point where we stop agreeing ...... that being said i am more than open 2 a challenge down the track with a porsche or rx7 ..... i think the thing that u must recognize which ur failing to do is throw enough money behind a car and it will be more than capable to beat most challengers ..... u knw one of the main reasons i created my car was to totally spin peoples minds out that have a mentality like urs ..... are totally unable to comprehend that japans/europes finest can be beaten by WHAT .... A COROLLA ...... WTF how can that be ...... i dont need to be a sheeple and dont need to be an attention seeker driving around in my decked 100K sports car ...... the only attention i demand is the dudes attention that's driving this 100K sports car when the 20K corolla tears him 2 shreds .......

im not out there to prove anything other than the fact that ppl need to have an open mind ..... and on that i leave u with a video to demonstrate what one of japans finest had to offer ..... as one of my mates who owns the type of vehicle on display simply cant comprehend the possibility .... oh and my commentary is purely to get ppl with this mentality to acknowledge that hey maybe they r wrong ......

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eyUUcSI9lo8

the 3 evo's (6,8 & 9) i beat on the night i ran my car also had issues dealing with what had happened .... so dont worry ur not alone with ur mentality .....

one thing ppl need to learn is there will always b someone else out there prepared to do more, spend more, innovate more to be the fastest .......

some added info to be used as some food for thought

http://www.performancecar.co.nz/news/8622/...ont-wheel-drive

This is getting outta hand, and seriously, I'll say it once again...

Since when was modifying cars a good idea....with the money I spent on my car, I could've sold the bloody sportivo and picked up an evo or sti. Definitely faster all around, but hey I bought it as a daily driver. Insurance and economy was what I was looking for, lol. Also something a bit different, to catch some people off guard.

This debate can keep on going and going, but really what are we arguing about here? I say enjoy your car and if people are asking for advice, no dissing should be involved, keep it to yourself preferably.