Opinions?

tiet

Definitely stiffer, I suppose your handling is better.........but I from my own point of view, I wouldn't use lowered springs with stock shocks. I don't like the ride quality of lowered springs with stock shocks, definitely need aftermarket shocks with it to be better.

Definitely stiffer, I suppose your handling is better.........but I from my own point of view, I wouldn't use lowered springs with stock shocks. I don't like the ride quality of lowered springs with stock shocks, definitely need aftermarket shocks with it to be better.

i see hmm, are you running stock shocks with lowered springs?

Yeah i am....i used low kings springs both rear and front....about an inch drop....as a rule of thumb the stock shocks will give up roughly after 20000km. That's when Koni will come in! :D lol

Yeah i am....i used low kings springs both rear and front....about an inch drop....as a rule of thumb the stock shocks will give up roughly after 20000km. That's when Koni will come in! :D lol

I'm in the same boat, but when that time comes, woooo king springs super low!

I have got king suuperlows all round and have driven them on stock shocks for around 25+kz, I got someone to have a look at my shocks from when i replaced my tyres for an assessment. they are still apparently fine. how would you know when your stock shocks are gone? i've tried bounciing the car but thats about all.

kings springs are good, i got the combo you are after.

Stock shocks with Lows up front and Superlows rear, mated with TRD front strut, TRD rear 23mm swaybar and Tanabe front underbrace, with new tyres and the thing handles so well. I got it done all at once so i cant tell you how it drove with just the kingsprings

The ride comfort is great, i cant remember compared to stock because i went from Stock - D2 coilovers - King springs.

I had the Stock shoks on for around 20000kms b4 i pulled them out to put coilovers in, so i dunno how long they will last after this, but its very comfy ride with great handling.

You gotta pay to play I suppose

When I bought my car it came equipped with king spring lows, I hated the handling. So I changed back to stock and like it better. But now I'm running king lows and Koni FSD's which I believe are perfect for the street. I also have a set of tein super wagons, which I think are a little too firm.

You gotta pay to play I suppose

When I bought my car it came equipped with king spring lows, I hated the handling. So I changed back to stock and like it better. But now I'm running king lows and Koni FSD's which I believe are perfect for the street. I also have a set of tein super wagons, which I think are a little too firm.

hmm i was thinking about going coils, but wanted to get kings to lower my car for now since springs would only cost me $200~$300 and a good set of coils for $1800. i wanted to lower my car for now so i could save up for coils. but now if i have to upgrade my shocks as well >_<

By the time your shocks are dead, you prolly will have saved up enough for coilovers.

I'm not sure about the king low vs king low/superlow combo as yet. I will run a tape over Phil's car tonight and see how I like the look of the lows all round.

I'm also concerned how superlows on the rear will go when towing a trailer (and dune buggy! :spiteful:), would the car squat too much at the rear?

I had Eibachs on my Mazda with an extra drop on the rear to make it sit level, and it would squat a bit when towing. But never scrubbed or bottomed out.

Gav.

By the time your shocks are dead, you prolly will have saved up enough for coilovers.

I'm not sure about the king low vs king low/superlow combo as yet. I will run a tape over Phil's car tonight and see how I like the look of the lows all round.

I'm also concerned how superlows on the rear will go when towing a trailer (and dune buggy! :spiteful:), would the car squat too much at the rear?

I had Eibachs on my Mazda with an extra drop on the rear to make it sit level, and it would squat a bit when towing. But never scrubbed or bottomed out.

Gav.

dump the trailer to match the ride height of the car lol

Coilovers will be stiff, and for what purpose??

A good spring and shock combination will be great for the street. I've tried all three combinations

Springs + Stock Shocks

Stock Suspension

Coilovers

Springs and Aftermarket shocks

Thats how I would rate them, I don't believe coilovers are necessary unless you plan to track your car.

have KYB + Kings in my car and i hit a speed hump going super slow for the first time last night. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Like really slow ...... it happened at the front and there were 2 fat people at the front.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Not a nice way to find out but now i know how "low" is my low.

The hump wasn't that high but i guess i'm so use to just ferrying myself i didn't realse ...

have KYB + Kings in my car and i hit a speed hump going super slow for the first time last night. :( :( :( :( :( :(

Like really slow ...... it happened at the front and there were 2 fat people at the front.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Not a nice way to find out but now i know how "low" is my low.

The hump wasn't that high but i guess i'm so use to just ferrying myself i didn't realse ...

driving lowered cars is a art, some of us are born with this skill some are not....... i mastered my skills as a younge p plater in my fully sick gemini, its was like an inch of the ground i new every major speed hump in sydney like the back my hand. those were the days big bass and if your car didnt scrape a mcdonalds speed hump u got boooooo'd out of there

yeah how is the ride with lowered springs? does it feel stiff? bumpy? like your driving a truck? or does it still feel normal like with the stock suspension?

I'm using stock 1zz shocks with King Lows... it doesnt improve the ride quality, put it what way :lol:.

Bumps definitely feel worse - but I'm certain you would be more than happy if you also put in Koni's or similar.

As for Kings vs Lovells... I know nothing about the quality of Lovell's. But after speaking to badboyz (a former member of this forum) recently, he said for Lovell's he wanted in the rear (a bit lower than Superlows) it was going to cost him nigh on 500!!

At that price, I'd just be waiting for some second hand King's or Whiteline's to come up in the Buy and Sell section. :blink:

yeah how is the ride with lowered springs? does it feel stiff? bumpy? like your driving a truck? or does it still feel normal like with the stock suspension?

I'm using stock 1zz shocks with King Lows... it doesnt improve the ride quality, put it what way :lol:.

Bumps definitely feel worse - but I'm certain you would be more than happy if you also put in Koni's or similar.

As for Kings vs Lovells... I know nothing about the quality of Lovell's. But after speaking to badboyz (a former member of this forum) recently, he said for Lovell's he wanted in the rear (a bit lower than Superlows) it was going to cost him nigh on 500!!

At that price, I'd just be waiting for some second hand King's or Whiteline's to come up in the Buy and Sell section. :blink:

I'm supposed to be dead, but well, call me Zombie Nelson.

I'll expand more on the above:

Lovells superlows are 5 - 10mm lower (give or take) than kings. I have Koni Yellow's in my car, although I forgot to tell toperformance to reset the circlip height (ie: the springseat height) 25mm lower.

This resulted in the rear, albeit sitting on superlows, to sit up 25mm more at the back. In short, it looks like a demon wedge from hell (and kind of lame). I 'was' going to order in custom lovell's for the rear 25mm lower with a higher spring rate, but as Leroy stated, it was $500 (I guess you could call them Super Super Low's). The circlip on the shock is now being machined 25mm lower locally.

Lovell's and kings are a much of a muchness. They're the same I'd say. Lovell's SL seem to drop the car even more though, so I'd recommend them only if you were also swapping out the shocks for something that has enchanced stroke (in fact, i'd probably be tempted to throw kings sl in the front to bring mine up a bit more, but it looks so 'time-attack' at the moment that I just can't!)

Thought I'd quickly pop this up in regards to the Koni's, as there is confusion around the rears in them at times from what I've seen.

The Koni's are unreal btw. Best thing I've done to the car.