Fake exhaust on TRD Aurion

TRDLover

The silver cutouts in the rear bumper are only a styling part of the bumper...

If you look through those holes you'll see the exhaust tips...

Thank you.

Is the exhaust tip pointing straight or towards the ground?

I believe its straight. Don't quote me on it though.

Yes they point straight into the cutouts in the bumper. The main complaint with that is that you end up with that cutout all dirty from the exhaust emissions. TRD Aurion Owner her has had new mufflers put on and at the same time, had them pointed down towards the ground. Solved that issue.

Yes they point straight into the cutouts in the bumper. The main complaint with that is that you end up with that cutout all dirty from the exhaust emissions. TRD Aurion Owner her has had new mufflers put on and at the same time, had them pointed down towards the ground. Solved that issue.

Thank you. Information confirmed.

Yep, they're as real as this man's p3nis.

Ha Ha Ha

As DJKOR mentioned, they make the exhaust very dirty which is why I got Pipewerx to point them downwards.

I was thinking of custom making the exhaust so that it looks exactly the same but I was told that fiber do not respond well to heat from exhaust. So, I suggested they use high temperature paint but they could not guarantee that it will not melt so I scrapped the idea. I assume the original design had the same problem; thus, the exhaust is hidden behind the spoiler. :unsure:

I was thinking of custom making the exhaust so that it looks exactly the same but I was told that fiber do not respond well to heat from exhaust. So, I suggested they use high temperature paint but they could not guarantee that it will not melt so I scrapped the idea. I assume the original design had the same problem; thus, the exhaust is hidden behind the spoiler. :unsure:

Well actually, the silver bits that you see on the TRD rear skirt are metal. They can easily handle the heat of the exhaust. It is just a car manufacture issue that they don't get too concerned about little things like that. Even look at the stock exhaust for most cars. They put a nice chrome exhaust tip on, but leave the pipe there in the centre. It's not clean at all.

after having a close look at the $140k IS-F the other day, i didnt feel so bad about the $70k TRD aurion having a **** exhaust design...

when i'm paying $140k for a car, i want the rear exhausts to be **** REAL!!!!

one of the many reasons why the isf is ****... and why i'm leaning towards the C63 AMG... oh wait........ did i say that out loud? :P hahaha