Aftermarket or should i order from TRD japan

Ascendant Rice

Hey guys, as some of you may know ive been lookign for some good after market rims for my corolla.

The prices of most decent looking 17" can be close to 2k with decent tyres.

i was browsing on the trd catalog and i came across these rims they look awsome and they arent to expensive 32,000 yen which is around 527.0857 AUD and im assumign with postage should be around 1k with out rubbers.

tf4.png06-auris_f.png

Whats your opinions on these rims do they look worth it?

x2

You could go for the speedy lite 9's which look similar and have lip.

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/images/zoom/lite-9.htm

WTF!!!!! :o These wheels are an exact copy of the Gram Lights 57 Optimise! :( I know, i have the Gram Lights in the same colours even!!!!

Had i known these were available, i shouldve got them and saved a packet! But, mine are original!!!!!

And yes, the prices are for each rime plus shipping.

500 per wheel WTF>!<!<!<!<!<!>!!!!!!! **** that ><!

the lite 9s look sex might check them out Masa in that catalogue is that 890 just for the rims or for rims and tyres the image is too small to read :(

Edited by Ascendant justice

If you can buy the "real" version. That way, the Japanese companies that make the real products get some profit back. Otherwise, everyone will buy the "copies" effectivley closing down the companies that made them originally.

And we dont want that do we!?

I realise alot of people cant afford to buy the originals, there for opting for the copies, but it helps (especially in todays current economic climate) the brands that produce them. Its like the whole "PIRATE DVDS" thing.

I was shocked (to say the least) when i saw the price of those wheels with tyres supplied.

Anyway, sorry for the lecture. Spend your money wisely!!!!!

i found these in bob jane catalog and i rkn they are sex 149 per rim speedy lie-7s

http://catalogues.bobjane.com.au/portal/dc...=catalogueoffer

any one know the price of a set of good tyres that would match i think the size would be 214/45/17

All this talk about the price of rims. Makes me think how lucky you guys are that 17 inch would be a good size. To upgrade mine, I need a set of 19's just to look decent, and boy does the price just keep climbing. I'm thinking a set of 'Konig - Hot Swap Black', but too scared to think of what the total cost would be after wrapping them in some good tyres.

x2

You could go for the speedy lite 9's which look similar and have lip.

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/images/zoom/lite-9.htm

HOLI MOLY! look! $890 including tyres! thats it... it will fall into one of my goal list next year... hehehehe

$890 is for 15" i believe.

pfft :( 15" are too small

• 3 weeks later...
All this talk about the price of rims. Makes me think how lucky you guys are that 17 inch would be a good size. To upgrade mine, I need a set of 19's just to look decent, and boy does the price just keep climbing. I'm thinking a set of 'Konig - Hot Swap Black', but too scared to think of what the total cost would be after wrapping them in some good tyres.

Believe it or not ask your local Toyota Parts the price on the TRD Aurion 19s I was told $250 a piece

500 per wheel WTF>!<!<!<!<!<!>!!!!!!! **** that ><!

the lite 9s look sex might check them out Masa in that catalogue is that 890 just for the rims or for rims and tyres the image is too small to read :(

Actually they are quite a bit more I was quoted $650 each delivered before the Aussie dollar dived (85JPY to 1AUD at the time) hate to think what they are now, remeber these aren't light or small so freight is a killer. Mind you though I made enquires about going the full genuine route with BBS, just under 2k per wheel.

Remember in general you get what you pay for, I would probably not go for less than 200 per rim and you are probably looking about the same for each tyre (don't skimp on them or you may find out the hard way the difference in quality). So allow 1500 or so for a package

Edited by jps137

Believe it or not ask your local Toyota Parts the price on the TRD Aurion 19s I was told $250 a piece

Really?? The 18in Camry/Aurion Kappa's (same as TRD USA rims) are like 400-450 each! Unless its on special or they are clearing them out, it'll be hard to get those 19s for 250. But if you can then get them coz that is CHEAP!

They are quite expensive at 500 dollars each. This way, only the rims will be 2k. The tyres would be more than that.

And if accidently you have a gutter scratch, it would be like a scratch on your heart. Ouch!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, as some of you may know ive been lookign for some good after market rims for my corolla.

i was browsing on the trd catalog and i came across these rims they look awsome and they arent to expensive 32,000 yen which is around 527.0857 AUD and im assumign with postage should be around 1k with out rubbers.

tf4.png06-auris_f.png

Now i know why these rims are so expensive besides the TRD name. Just found out they are RAYS and now $550-$600 each :blink:

tf4.png06-auris_f.png

Now i know why these rims are so expensive besides the TRD name. Just found out they are RAYS and now $550-$600 each :blink:

Alternatively you could look at OZ Racing's Superturismo (like used on the ARC Corolla) saw them advertised for 500 for 17x7 560ish for 18x7 and just over 600 for 18x8 (yes next time I will remember to write the prices down)

http://www.ozracing.com/at-team/wheels/rac...rturismo-wrc/en

Edited by jps137

i have no idea what these weigh but each time i pull my rims off the car i think damn ..... that was a brilliant investment i made in trd .... 5.6kg's per rim FTW ;) ;) ;)