Factory warranty services capped @ $120 for 60000km

AUR30N

Hi guys,

Iam picking up my beast 2mmrow toyota 07 model atx second hand with 37000km, I read some where where the first 4 15000km services are capped @ $120.00 for first 60,000km.

does this apply to used vechiles that are bought from toyota dealership.

Iam not sure but Iam asumming my car is an ex fleet or hertz hire car.

Rgds

Azza

Hi guys,

Iam picking up my beast 2mmrow toyota 07 model atx second hand with 37000km, I read some where where the first 4 15000km services are capped @ $120.00 for first 60,000km.

does this apply to used vechiles that are bought from toyota dealership.

Iam not sure but Iam asumming my car is an ex fleet or hertz hire car.

Rgds

Azza

You can check here http://www.toyota.com.au/parts-and-service...antage/overview by selecting "Is my vehicle eligible?" and entering in the VIN.

Yeah, the method that Boof suggested is the only way you can check without calling a service department. Most rental cars you will find won't have the Toyota Advantage service offer as they have their own service department.

BUMMER - As suspected my car must of been ex fleet.

not eligible.

Will bargin with salesman before i close the deal he still don't have my money yet

Azza

I'll be interested to find out whether you are able to re-negotiate the deal once you have signed the contract.....

Edited by Boof

I was under the impression it was 08 models, certainly was the case with RAV anyways, hence why I bought a Jan 08 instead of the Dec 07

I was under the impression it was 08 models, certainly was the case with RAV anyways, hence why I bought a Jan 08 instead of the Dec 07

Nah

Aurion - Aug 2006 production to Dec 2008 compliance plates $120 Up to 4 services

Like I said he still don't have my money yet and i can brake the contract within 7 days which Iam intitled to do.

being that car idustry is hurting atm with economic hard times it should be an issue.

I have saved my self 3 grand

When I first tried to buy one 4 weeks ago they would budget 6 diffrent toyota dealers .... 4 weeks later they droped 3 grand wiith no hesitation or um or urrrs

all you people in the buy time to get bargian and srew them mates a dealer he reckons flash ur money at them or visa card and tell them ur ready to do bussines watch them buckley

Anyway I picked up my 07 at-x with 37000km 19.400 of toyota delear

Azza

I've got that advantage servicing stuff and whilst you are waiting in the lounge area they have a TV screen and you can watch your car getting serviced. Fancy eh...

Well worth it if you can re-negotiate.

lol, i might be mis-reading your post, but just thought id clarify that the tv/lounge thing isnt because you're part of the advantage servicing... thats just something that your dealership is doing... not all dealerships are like that... :lol:

as i said, i might have misread your post, so apologies if thats not what you mean... :lol:

I've got that advantage servicing stuff and whilst you are waiting in the lounge area they have a TV screen and you can watch your car getting serviced. Fancy eh...

lol, i might be mis-reading your post, but just thought id clarify that the tv/lounge thing isnt because you're part of the advantage servicing... thats just something that your dealership is doing... not all dealerships are like that... :lol:

as i said, i might have misread your post, so apologies if thats not what you mean... :lol:

i know hat happens at sydney city toyota u also get free muffines coffee/hot choc, biscuits and the newspaper :) forr freee

No amount of big screen TV watching or tea and coffee at Sci-Fleet Taringa would make me satisfied with their service. As well, if they let you watch them service your car live on TV, I would suspect that there wouldn't be that much to see of them working, LOL.

But jokes aside, I read it the same way as you SecaBoy. I agree that it's not exclusive to the service advantage. All the service advantage gives you is a cheaper service.

Speaking of fancy service department waiting areas, OMG. My sister had to have her Mazda3 serviced at Centenary Mazda (across the road from Sci-Fleet Toyota Taringa), and that place was amazing. They have like a cafe and everything there.

djkor: only reason the mazda place is like that, is because they're one and the same with the merc dealership...

if you ever want a free meal, just go into merc around lunch time and say youre interested in buying a car, then they'll usually offer you lunch... :lol:

That's alright I should have made myself clearer. I have the advantage service thing but as an extra (not linked to the advantage servicing) they show your/my car being serviced.

[

Speaking of fancy service department waiting areas, OMG. My sister had to have her Mazda3 serviced at Centenary Mazda (across the road from Sci-Fleet Toyota Taringa), and that place was amazing. They have like a cafe and everything there.

Grand Motors Southport have a full cafe upstairs in the new car showroom area to, nothing to write home about, just on a forum...