pics 2005 sportivo

Hi,

Picked up my sportivo yesterday and here are the pics :)

Today, it has gone to my brother's shop to get speakers, alarm, hands free kit, tints and may be a new stereo fitted.

Will post pics on my garage.

Oh what a feeling !!!!! :)

post-578-1109647698_thumb.jpg

post-578-1109647891_thumb.jpg

post-578-1109647969_thumb.jpg

post-578-1109648027_thumb.jpg

post-578-1109648079_thumb.jpg

How hard would it be to lift the Sportivo badge off and replace it where it 'should' be???

shouldnt be too hard if its anything like the badges on the Mazda3 ... just use dental floss to remove it.. and some sort of 'goo' remover to get rid of any excess glue, then use silicone or something to stick it back on

hopefully its only held on by double sided tape.. and not drilled in (which i doubt)

oh yeah, very cool rims B)

Edited by Chompies

Nice,,

They still haven't colour coded the doors though.. bastards.. lucky for black cars still .. nice little investment there.. and now for the serious fun to be had.. nice new rims you put on aswell. they Fury ROH's????

Greg

Congratulations to your new babe, another snowflake!

Yeah I agree, sportivo badges, look better on pre-facelift model, so too the tear-drop lights, pre-facelift much nicer.

Noticed as well that the rear mudflaps are still black, not colour coded as per Ultima.

Front Bumper and Grill now one piece, would have been nice if spoiler was also intergrated.  Can't change Grill to TRD item.  Like pre-facelift model.

Fake vents on front spoiler now moved from side to under the lights... nice.

Side indicator lights now clear... nice.

......now for that Compressor model to arrive.

Conclusion: -

Pre-facelift: Model after European look.

Post-facelift: Model after more Japanese look.

Congrats on the new purchase mate. For what it's worth, I reckon the new model looks heaps nicer than the pre-facelift. A lot more European than the old one which looks like a startled deer for mine.

Congrats

New one is much nicer :)

The front is so much more integrated and smoother, The front spoiler doesn't really look like an add on.

Still got the fake vents on the side skirts though :(

Yeah I agree, sportivo badges, look better on pre-facelift model, so too the tear-drop lights, pre-facelift much nicer.

Noticed as well that the rear mudflaps are still black, not colour coded as per Ultima.

Front Bumper and Grill now one piece, would have been nice if spoiler was also intergrated.  Can't change Grill to TRD item.  Like pre-facelift model.

Congrats on the new purchase mate. For what it's worth, I reckon the new model looks heaps nicer than the pre-facelift. A lot more European than the old one which looks like a startled deer for mine.

i couldn't agree more.

I couldn't agree with you more, cept for the pre and post. I know it's just my opinion but the pre facelift is a much sportier looking Jap style whereas the facelift looks euro. Also much prefer the vents on the sides rather than under fogs.

What's with the lip thing on the rear bottom half?

Still a nice looking car but if it if it's not broke......

Thanks for all the congrats!!!!!!!

Sorry did not keep in touh was away from Perth and getting some installs done in the car.

The car drvies smoooth, very very happy :) Whoever has been waiting it is definitely worth the wait.

Take care and waiting to see all your rollas now.

Top Stuff there mate, looking very shmick!  :D

by the way is that stock height with the new rims u put on?

Yes, thatis the stock standard height. I have put on 17'" furys with Bridgestone Potanz, 215/45/R17.

How hard would it be to lift the Sportivo badge off and replace it where it 'should' be???

shouldnt be too hard if its anything like the badges on the Mazda3 ... just use dental floss to remove it.. and some sort of 'goo' remover to get rid of any excess glue, then use silicone or something to stick it back on

hopefully its only held on by double sided tape.. and not drilled in (which i doubt)

oh yeah, very cool rims B)

You are right, mate.

They are not drilled in, just glued on. I have asked the dealer if they can get the old badge in. He said that they can order them for me if I wanted. Will want and might order just befored the 1000km service

I couldn't agree with you more, cept for the pre and post. I know it's just my opinion but the pre facelift is a much sportier looking Jap style whereas the facelift looks euro. Also much prefer the vents on the sides rather than under fogs.

What's with the lip thing on the rear bottom half?

Still a nice looking car but if it if it's not broke......

In fact, the post facelift look is the JAP version of Sportivo itself. So, I agree with

sport1vo more :P

Have a look at this

http://toyota.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup/Runx/index.html

http://toyota.jp/sp/corolla/newcorolla/runx/index.html

It's the origianal look of Sportivo. The pre-facelift use the more euro look, while for post facelift they use back the original JAP RUNX look.

Edited by Cooley