Its Hot ....i wanna go home

jaderd

damn its hot.........out office is on level 3 (top level) AC are working (lucky us) but still creeping up to 30 degrees in the office............hitting around 43-44 degrees again in melbourne today...............thankyou bunnings for selling me a timer so my AC comes on at 2.30pm this arvo...afew hours before im home.....

future plans today

1. drink lots water

2. con boss into taking us all to pub at around 3.00

i think both are feasible and basically a done deal

hows everyone else going

Edited by jaderd

Bah! It's only dry heat! Try 40C+ with 90%+ humidity in QLD some time. :P

Last year I was in the ACT, and it got up to 38-39C with very low humidity. I got an initial rude shock when I walked outside. But I got used to it fairly quickly as it didn't have the energy zapping humidity that us QLDers would usually suffer from.

I feel your pain though. :P

Gav.

yeah im feeling the 40+ heat too... here in Melbourne, work in the CBD... lucky for me, i have an office with no windows to the outside world, just to the stairwell and i have 2 fans and an air conditioner in my little (3m x 6m) office...

the thing that frustrates me is the trains ... with soooo many services being cancelled and overcrowded trains just rubbing salt into the wound about the situation of it being so hot and this happening, when we all just want to get home... there was almost a punch on in the train last night coming home, becuase one more person tried to fit into an already full carriage and someone wasnt happy about it and was like easy easy easy... and they were pushing each other...

i just wannnnna go home... lol well now we add friday'itice to it... .cant wait to get home... we have good air con (as long as we dont have a power failure - like we did last night). but it is comforting to know, once i get off the train i can get into my camry and the toyota air con is wicked.... works a charm... nice a cool almost instantly...

well thats my rant, not much longer to go for the day... enjoy guys, stay cool

Well the heat has been a real pain for us here as well...it was so hot yesterday that the air con kept cutting off and the temperature crept up to 35deg in the office...thank god Boss is overseas so all of us wore shorts...lol but i think its understandable...thank god it is friday and i cannot wait to leave...if things go as planned i will catch the train to pick up the stivo....yayy.....i so feel like a boost (mango tango crush) or even a slurpy...anyone wanna join me? :D lol Anyways...got nothing special planned for the weekend apart from that...but i am trying to go and see Carl Barron...he is on tonight until tuesday...so if you got the chance and got nothing to do, it is worth attending his show since he is hilarious...that's my thought anyways. The tennis also might be an option on Sunday in the Garden Square, but we will see.

In any case, let not feel depressed because......ITS FRIDAY!!!! Yayyyyyyy Have A Good Weekend Guys!!

yeah im heading home to make a basic ice drink.....even the old cordial, water and heaps of ice cubes in blender for afew seconds and you have a nice drink frozen coke consistency...........or if ya been to the gym or going etc.....a good mix ive found

Musashi protein powder (chocolate)

milk

strawberries (frozen in freezer)

Banana (frozen in freezer)

= awesome....the mix of banana choc and strawberry is great......and the fact its good for you even better.....ice cold too as the bananas and strawberry are frozen.......best place to keep them if your into ice cold smoothies in summer.....last forever pre peeled (bananas) in zip lock bags in freezer

another good mix i like is

OJ / apple / pineapple - whatever juice you have

ice

passionfruit (little tins at safeway)

mango slices (tins at safeway - cheaper than fresh)

1/2 frozen yoghurt tub (tropical or vanilla those 100ml ones or whatever)

banana (frozen)

sometimes add strawberries (fresh then cut and frozen) or mixed berries (frozen pack from safeway.....once again cheaper than fresh )

Edited by jaderd

yeah... so damn hot!! last 3 days my god the air con and fan does nothing =/ have to jump in the car and drive around with aircon lol went to 3 maccas and 1 7/11 and all slurpee machines are either empty or dead! -___- anyway hopfully every keeps hydrated and is safe heard it might cool down tonight so yeah hope so!!

Got called in for a shift yesterday and out on tarmac it reached and hovered around 51c-53c. Hot and dry my freinds... Mind you I have like the meanest t-shirt and anklet sock tan out.

Driving near around aircraft exhaust or APU in 51c is like someone throwing boiling water on you.

Might go pools tonight or Willy beach?

at least the nights are alot cooler :)

easyway doesnt do crap, lols you need like those asian blended fruit drinks :) oh yer strawberrys & lychee mumumum or strawberrys & pineapple

30 degrees at night... isnt what i call.. "cool"

thank christ for the cool change last night... now if only my appt didnt retain heat.

yeah thats true yesterday night there was a cool breeze about man lucky cuz we had a massive blackout from sunshine to the docklands that i know of had a blackout including lights aswell was driving back was pretty scary drove around to find food everywhere was blacked out and closed =( ate noodles instead

Its cooler than what it is normally for this time of the year in Perth! We're even "expecting" thunderstorms this weekend. This week, the temp has barely hit 30degrees!

My matey who came over hated Perth, purely for the fact its too hot, I dont blame him, we usually go out campin down the brindabellas/snowy mountains mid winter, cant beat the winter chill.

I hope what I have been told about Perth cooling right down during Autumn and Winter is true cause im hanging for it eh :P

Its cooler than what it is normally for this time of the year in Perth! We're even "expecting" thunderstorms this weekend. This week, the temp has barely hit 30degrees!

My matey who came over hated Perth, purely for the fact its too hot, I dont blame him, we usually go out campin down the brindabellas/snowy mountains mid winter, cant beat the winter chill.

I hope what I have been told about Perth cooling right down during Autumn and Winter is true cause im hanging for it eh :P

Yeah, the weather here will get down quit low Simo!

Im hangin out for winter too!