Cusco Zero 2

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone knows where to get a set of Zero 2's (166 60L CN) for a decent price?

Or is it not possible right now, due to the current recession?

Been quoted by two suppliers, prices range from $3,500 - $3800.

Cheers.

Hi,

Just wanted to see if anyone knows where to get a set of Zero 2's (166 60L CN) for a decent price?

Or is it not possible right now, due to the current recession?

Been quoted by two suppliers, prices range from $3,500 - $3800.

Cheers.

the poor exchange rate i guess.. you'd expect to pay around 50% more for the same part then you would 4 months ago..

CZ2 went for around 2,300 - 2,500 (non group buy) express shipped to your door adding a good 50% to that would be exactly what you got quoted...

Unless you can find someone who's selling their set, yes you will unfortunatly have to pay premium.

Try greenline motorsport, they're usually competitive.

Im glad i got mine when i did! :P

definitely.. well worth the $$$

Unless you're going to be tuning every nuance in your suspension setup and taking this tuning to the track with you, then you are wasting money. On the street you'll notice sfa between a the Zero 2's and a change of springs / Koni Yellows as an example.

I think I've only seen two people on this site actually use the Zero 2's to their full extent, one being Superdave who tracks very often. All the other people that jumped on the Zero 2 bandwagon said they just wanted a better handling setup combined with the fact they have the ability to change the ride height. The funny point here is, everyone set their ride height and just left it...and never touched it...again. You can do the exact same thing with springs and shortened shocks...yay. Using the Koni's as an example here, it works out a lot cheaper than the above figures, and they're Koni's so they are high quality.

Note: I might add that yes, once upon a time they were only a few hundred dollars more expensive than a the above example (Koni's). Personally I can't blame the guys who took advantange of that, granted.

Edited by Dead

Back when the CZ2 were at a good price, maybe its worth it. But since the price has been blown outta proportion due to the poor exchange rate maybe you would like to rethink it for the time being.

With $3500-$3800 to spend you could get something like this:

Eibach Springs Pro kit $600

Koni Adjustables or FSD $1400

Installation $300 or for free if you DIY

So thats about $2300

With the remaining $1300-$1500 left you can get

Front Sway bar $240

Rear Sway bar $220

Front Strut bar $200

A set of nice sticky tyres for less then brand new for $800 (Toyo T1R's are at $180 atm)

Now of course if you are tracking this car fairly often then stuff what I just mentioned above, that spring and shock combo is too soft for the hardcore track workout.

Unless you're going to be tuning every nuance in your suspension setup and taking this tuning to the track with you, then you are wasting money. On the street you'll notice sfa between a the Zero 2's and a change of springs / Koni Yellows as an example.

I think I've only seen two people on this site actually use the Zero 2's to their full extent, one being Superdave who tracks very often. All the other people that jumped on the Zero 2 bandwagon said they just wanted a better handling setup combined with the fact they have the ability to change the ride height. The funny point here is, everyone set their ride height and just left it...and never touched it...again. You can do the exact same thing with springs and shortened shocks...yay. Using the Koni's as an example here, it works out a lot cheaper than the above figures, and they're Koni's so they are high quality.

Note: I might add that yes, once upon a time they were only a few hundred dollars more expensive than a the above example (Koni's). Personally I can't blame the guys who took advantange of that, granted.

Thats crap, the Zero 2's are head and shoulders above kings/koni setup and im not even talking about track use, even for the short spirited bit of driving they would shine. When i got my set they cost me just under 3K, one of the best mods i ever did to my sportivo.

Thats crap, the Zero 2's are head and shoulders above kings/koni setup and im not even talking about track use, even for the short spirited bit of driving they would shine. When i got my set they cost me just under 3K, one of the best mods i ever did to my sportivo.

I agree with Northy, when my Zero2's were put in the difference was worlds apart to the set up i had before the Cusco's. Ive played with many different combinations of ride height, and damper settings and i still am! My only wish was that track days are more accessable here in Perth so i can really explore the what they have to offer even further.

yep i agree with northy also even though if people dont track their car doesnt mean you cant get the full experience out of the coilovers i love the cz2 best thing ive done to date also!! just the peace of mind that i cant change the ride height anytime i want change the softness and stiffness which i tend to do alot lol just to get the perfect balance camber also =] and ive been in a sportivo with the king/koni set up yes its good but cz2 is better! thats it i paid 1500 for my cz2 secondhand so yeah in the end its personal preference and all the people with cz2 will chose cz2 because they know its much much better also its good for mountian runs!! ahahaha :lol: ;)

my 2 cents

Steve.

hey arent you dead? why you still talking? :lol:

Yet no elabroation on 'why' they are better. That's an opinion. From a fanboi. In a twist of irony, it was a friend of yours that convinced me that coilovers on the street were a complete waste of money.

Take it easy guys, let keep this debate cool...

Well I suppose to answer your question to the OP, I don't think anyone knows of a place to get a better price.

With regards to whether the CZ2's are better then a shock/spring combo thats up to everyones own personal opinion and needs. I'm pretty sure the CZ2's would be too stiff for me, but I'm soft. I've been in a car with CZ2's and I think they are a little too stiff. But then again, if the roads I travelled on most of the time were nice and smooth then I would be using my Teins (super wagon, which have been known to be soft) instead of my current setup.

Have you got other suspension mods currently on your car??

I agree with Northy, when my Zero2's were put in the difference was worlds apart to the set up i had before the Cusco's. Ive played with many different combinations of ride height, and damper settings and i still am! My only wish was that track days are more accessable here in Perth so i can really explore the what they have to offer even further.

no track days in perth ?

your not looking hard enough (or at all)

no track days in perth ?

There are heaps yes, dont get me wrong! What i meant was the frequency could be better. And make them even more accessable even if you dont hold CAMS licences.

no track days in perth ?

There are heaps yes, dont get me wrong! What i meant was the frequency could be better. And make them even more accessable even if you dont hold CAMS licences.

lol - a level 2 speed license is so cheap, pretty well entitles you to do 90% of the track days

even without, AHG runs open days atleast once a month

in regards to suspension, ive proven in my old gc8 wrx that a quality, well sorted spring/strut combo is atleast a match for a coilover setup on a similar car on the track. thats not taking anything away from the zero2's which i personally have never experianced

For my opinion, paying oover 3.5 k for a set of cusco is not worth the money, for my budget.

I agree that the cusco can be superior over other srpings and damper kits, does the cusco provide 2 times better than the shock and spring kit?

For ppl with lots of money, yeap they can buy anything they want, but I personally think that i only buy the product for what is worth for, if the cusco was around $800-2k of course its a bargain over the koni and eibachs, but not double the price.

especially with car mod, yonce you reach a price range, the more money to spend the less performance gain you get

I agree that the overall performance can be gained by spending on tyres, sway bars with the suspension too. YIf you stick with crappy tires and a cusco, it is more likely when you lose traction of the tires, it lost of traction will come much quicker and harder for drivers to response.

Also, if the car is only used for street use, I think the koni yellows and eibach springs will also provide comfort over the cusco, no matter which coil over kit you buy. as they end to have softer spring rate.

Finally, its all depends on the drivers skills to be able to feel the difference with 2 shockers, if the driver isnt gd, he or she wont able to maximise the performance, then its not worth it.

Edited by joeyee

Yet no elabroation on 'why' they are better. That's an opinion. From a fanboi. In a twist of irony, it was a friend of yours that convinced me that coilovers on the street were a complete waste of money.

Corey is probably one of the handful of people that can honestly compare the two setups, since not only he has driven both setups a few times, but has owned cars with each setup.

Please don't bring your bitterness from the D2's, and crap on all coilover discussions. Coilovers & Spring/shock combo are quite different, and thus perform differently. Some may feel the softer spring/shock is better suited for the road, but that just comes down to their driving style. But the consensus is that the flatter a car around a corner is the better performing one; I'm sure you would agree on that too.

And please ask Coreys friend which setup he would prefer when having some fun up and down the mountain. He may very well say the springs/shocks are better on road, but thats with everyday comfort factored in, and is probably worth the compromise of lower performance.

BTW I got mine for a lil over 2G i think, so it was great value. Bad time to buy anything overseas atm :( And i just want to add CZ2 is the only mod i have that truly changed the whole characteristics of the car.

Buying coilovers is a big investment, and not everyone have the same expectations. So I would HIGHLY recommend having a ride or if u can drive a car with them on.. then you'll know for sure what your getting yourself into.

Edited by DHC09

here's a simple equation

springs & shocks combo = does not meet my needs

cusco zero 2 = meets my needs

in summary determine which product meets ur needs and go from there ...... pretty simple i would have thought .......

is this forum always so emotional ?

rule of thumb: only says what people want to hear and never get into a debate about TRD vs CES or KONI vs COILS...

because believe it or not if this gets heated up abit more.. it will end up in the bin... recycle bin tht is..

the guy simply asked for a place to get cheaper part but it end up being a huge debate whether if he SHOULD or SHOULD NOT get it..

come on guys.. if someone is willing to spend 3g on a set of coils.. and if he is happy.. why ruine his day? if you want something bad enough.. money is not the problem sometimes..

friendly advice is good but just dont fight over someone else's thread..

the guy simply asked for a place to get cheaper part but it end up being a huge debate whether if he SHOULD or SHOULD NOT get it..

come on guys.. if someone is willing to spend 3g on a set of coils.. and if he is happy.. why ruine his day? if you want something bad enough.. money is not the problem sometimes..

friendly advice is good but just dont fight over someone else's thread..

Completely agree. The OP could have already done all the research and was only asking where to get a good price.

BUT, I also do appreciate Suprathai's post which spells out other options for the OP, just in case the OP didn't know, and in a sincere manner. As opposed to Dead which himself is on the "anti-coilover bandwagon" making a strong comment on a product which as far as I know has never used before.