ces catback info

Already had a trd cai, this is just cat back, pretty neat and proven.

I'm not bothered whether it reads 120kw or 140kw, the point is there is consistent gain from 3000rpm all the way to the redline of about 8kw.

BKS, a post you made that said you lost power when the valve was closed convinced me to go CES, no way I'm losing any powahhh anywhere.

whitestivo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got the catback today. didnt take too long considering it came all the way from qld to perth.

quality is pretty good. for some reason, despite ordering the system with m/s flanges the rear muffler has a stanless flange while the rest of the system is m/s flanges as ordered

will get it installed next week when the headers arrive.

Already had a trd cai, this is just cat back, pretty neat and proven.

I'm not bothered whether it reads 120kw or 140kw, the point is there is consistent gain from 3000rpm all the way to the redline of about 8kw.

BKS, a post you made that said you lost power when the valve was closed convinced me to go CES, no way I'm losing any powahhh anywhere.

whitestivo

well i didnt... so meh.. make of it what you will... enjoy your CES.

imagine the furore if i get the ces and switch to varex, i think i would be lynched.

whitestivo

i think Guni was thinking of going down that path at one stage... just buying the CES Piping for $500 odd bucks and then the Varex Muffler on top of that. i reckon that'd be a nice combo...

but then again... seems a lot of money for pipe...

imagine the furore if i get the ces and switch to varex, i think i would be lynched.

whitestivo

i think Guni was thinking of going down that path at one stage... just buying the CES Piping for $500 odd bucks and then the Varex Muffler on top of that. i reckon that'd be a nice combo...

As are all CES systems. Not debating their quality one iota (for what I've seen and heard, it's great), however most exhaust storea can do something the same for considerably cheaper.

whitestivo

As are all CES systems. Not debating their quality one iota (for what I've seen and heard, it's great), however most exhaust storea can do something the same for considerably cheaper.

kool man

Edited by doriae86

brisbane isn't exactly flooded with quality exhaust shops. you can go to moss st and get some sht system cheap yes, i had one on my first car, and didn't i learn.

my first ces system, way cheaper than what chiptorque were pushing by $500

this system trev knew i'd been there before and took care of me. giving a shop your custom always has it's benefits.

whitestivo

all i wanted was sound bites and dyno sheets. got something else to add ? . . . how about make another thread

if fkrs want to experamint with custom made systems, go ahead.

id rather pay an extra 300-400 bucks for the reduced hassle

if fkrs want little electronic exhausts that play different tunes depending on your mood, then go ahead

id rather just pay a bit more for a exhaust that doesent drone when i wanan rev it out a bit

and if fkrs wanna have little ces arguments - go somewhere else . .

how much they sting you for postage to Perth any of you perth lads???

heaps keen on a set of headers from CES, going to get that done when I replace the redback muffler with a Xforce twin tip to save hassle and stuff...

Once my car is freighted over which should be very soon :yahoo:

the headers were $340 delivered (after the $200 refund given for exchanging the originals)

delivery on the catback was like 60

hey mate, just been researching new exhaust systems and what not, and i've heard alot of good about what you have gone with, so how much in total? (did u get it installed) and just making sure, was that with cai, extractors, headers and the actual pipe down to the end?

the headers were $340 delivered (after the $200 refund given for exchanging the originals)

delivery on the catback was like 60

hey mate, just been researching new exhaust systems and what not, and i've heard alot of good about what you have gone with, so how much in total? (did u get it installed) and just making sure, was that with cai, extractors, headers and the actual pipe down to the end?

the front pipe on my exhaust is still standard, i just have the headers and catback

total cost installed/delivered for me was around $1550 just for the catback and front pipe. i had a trd cold air intake already

found some other guy driving a corolla with the same mods as mine. 100% filmed on private track. sounds niace :)

Edited by doriae86

yea man that sounds sweet as, do u know if it would be any different fitting it to a 1zz instead of your 2zz? and what did the cai cost u?

CES do a catback system specific for 1ZZ as well. Contact them for more info. 07 3200 2333.