Redundant......

ELEGNT

Just got redundant from my job after a year as a Draftsman

has anyone else been put off on here and what did you do?

I'm also a draftsman, but my job is secure for the next 4 years.

I study with a friend who has also been made redundant, TWICE in the last few months.

Unfortunately the pay out for the 2nd one isn't very large at all.

I'm sorry to hear about it man, good luck in finding another Drafting job, I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

Just got redundant from my job after a year as a Draftsman

has anyone else been put off on here and what did you do?

I'm also a draftsman, but my job is secure for the next 4 years.

I study with a friend who has also been made redundant, TWICE in the last few months.

Unfortunately the pay out for the 2nd one isn't very large at all.

I'm sorry to hear about it man, good luck in finding another Drafting job, I'll keep my eyes and ears open.

well im studing full time now to get it out of the way but i got sh|t all money to do what i want :unsure:

where do u study and work?

313, normally I'd say great news being redundant, but not good in current market.

Look at your skill set

Market it more broadly to catch more jobs

And take what you can get right now

Things will improve in time. Does depend on your financial circumstances of course.

whitestivo

Edited by whitestivo

313, normally I'd say great news being redundant, but not good in current market.

Look at your skill set

Market it more broadly to catch more jobs

And take what you can get right now

Things will improve in time. Does depend on your financial circumstances of course.

whitestivo

yeh i wasnt the only one they did 100 in my office :blink:

im probly one of the better off ones cos i got the option to finish my course quicker, but hopefully it gets better soon so i can swich back to part time study full time work

well im studing full time now to get it out of the way but i got sh|t all money to do what i want :unsure:

I study at Southbank, part time as I am working full time.

I work for a Project Group based at Newstead.

Shoot us a PM if you need any help or info.

I study at Southbank, part time as I am working full time.

I work for a Project Group based at Newstead.

Shoot us a PM if you need any help or info.

haha i study there too lol...on there computers as i type...ur obviously doing civil engineering?

i worked for GHD u probly know them

shoot us a PM man...as well as ur assignments lol

Fair few of us drafties around it seems. I, however, have managed to keep my job, although I'm only on a casual (but still 5 days a week, 9-10 hours a day) basis until we start selling vehicles (our side of the company is almost out of development hell, other side is performing solidly despite the downturn)

Ouch, that's harsh to hear mate. Hope you find something soon. It's not easy when you don't have that constant source of income anymore. This time of the year is not really that super when it comes to looking for a job.

I'm doing contract work at the moment and am only secure for the next 6 months. This will buy me some time in which hopefully I will find another job. I just need to learn to save the money I'll earn just in case I can't find one in time.

Sorry to hear that, Rowan. It's a good chance to finish up the studies and when the economy picks up again you'll be right there to get a bigger and better job!

A lot of redundancies around now. So far I haven't had to let any of my guys go yet. I work them really hard + long hours but because I can get so much out of each person, I don't have to let anyone go. And I'm in the risk business and seems to be plenty of work because poor risk management is what started all these shenanigans in the first place.

dam that sucks. Sorry to hear Rowan... Unfortunately that's the way it goes for job security in the private sector.

Just for those who are desperate for work... Perhaps looking for positions in Government would help you in the mean time just to get some sort of income. I know there are a lot of temporary and permanent positions going. Having some income is better than nothing in this time where economy and jobs have gone to sh!t.

i worked for GHD u probly know them

Instant you said 100 people were laid off I knew it was GHD.

We lost two in our Alliance because of it. Whats dumb about it was they were part way through some very detailed work, and now all that knowledge is lost and someone else will take a month to get it back to the same position.

Feel free to send me a CV and I can pass it onto HR at KBR.

Sorry to hear buddy, been made redundant before because of the slump in real estate market...but I was lucky that a family friend had a job going in their agency the next town over so I was good.

Hope it works out for you.

So I guess I won't be expecting you in to do your exhaust Rowan?

if you can do me a decent price for it or a CAI im happy to pay still....u can have my car too if u need to borrow it to do these testings for a few days??... as i dont need it for work anymore

So I guess I won't be expecting you in to do your exhaust Rowan?

if you can do me a decent price for it or a CAI im happy to pay still....u can have my car too if u need to borrow it to do these testings for a few days??... as i dont need it for work anymore

Talk to Daryl for the pricing, or look for the thread in the Aurion section for more information. SRI will be coming along in a few weeks, need somebody's car for a day or two to check it doesn't throw any error lights.

Sighz I'm not better either.....fresh electrical engineer graduate haha. I hope my chances of getting a job get better after I send in my PR application. Or I might be down to getting a part time job somewhere first :(

Sighz I'm not better either.....fresh electrical engineer graduate haha. I hope my chances of getting a job get better after I send in my PR application. Or I might be down to getting a part time job somewhere first :(

Where did you do EE at? I was at Yeronga (along with Daryl), a lot of the teachers there should be able to hook you up with some jobs.

Where did you do EE at? I was at Yeronga (along with Daryl), a lot of the teachers there should be able to hook you up with some jobs.

By the end of last year, I think they were doing anything and everything to get rid of us. The market still ain't so great at the moment though unfortunately.