These look Fat...........

AUR30N

Yes, these are VIP style camries.

I believe there will be a VIP competition soon but some of the photos are photoshoped for best color.

Know of them but have not met them yet :rolleyes:

Went go karting with some other camry club members last nite. :yahoo:

Edited by TRDLover

I don't get it... isn't the whole VIP thing supposed to make you look a travelling diplomat? ie - make your car look more luxurious than it really is?

This just makes you look like a wannabe gangsta who stole something from 50 cent's garage. :huh:

How impractical would those cars be! You'd have to program your sat nav with all known speed humps as obstacles TO AVOID !!!

Not to mention driveways, shopping parking kerbs, etc... You barely clear a cigarette butt without scraping it off the road. :)

Potential material for funniest home videos - an aurion wanna-be sea saw, at every speed hump.

How impractical would those cars be! You'd have to program your sat nav with all known speed humps as obstacles TO AVOID !!!

Not to mention driveways, shopping parking kerbs, etc... You barely clear a cigarette butt without scraping it off the road. :)

Potential material for funniest home videos - an aurion wanna-be sea saw, at every speed hump.

Can the Citroen hydropneumatique system be modded onto these I wonder? :whistling:

xmupdown.gif

I don't get it... isn't the whole VIP thing supposed to make you look a travelling diplomat? ie - make your car look more luxurious than it really is?

This just makes you look like a wannabe gangsta who stole something from 50 cent's garage. :huh:

Leroy, you saying that all the members here adding light kits, Thai grills, fat 20 inch rims etc are all wannabee's by making there cars look more luxurious than it really is?

Azza73

Leroy, you saying that all the members here adding light kits, Thai grills, fat 20 inch rims etc are all wannabee's by making there cars look more luxurious than it really is?

Azza73

No... I'm saying that if you go as low and shiny as the examples in your first post, then the effect is lost. (Eg. you no longer look important anymore, just another bling machine out the front of a nightclub)

I personally think that if you took the rear wing off the TRD Aurion, it would actually look more executive (and thus VIP) than those in the first post.

tc-trd-1.jpg

Azza73

No... I'm saying that if you go as low and shiny as the examples in your first post, then the effect is lost. (Eg. you no longer look important anymore, just another bling machine out the front of a nightclub)

I personally think that if you took the rear wing off the TRD Aurion, it would actually look more executive (and thus VIP) than those in the first post.

I do agree with you there Leroy. Styling a car like the Aurion to be like the ones shown in that link in the first post does look gangsta. It has been stereotyped to much and with the wrong person driving, it just looks wrong. It is a style which we don't really follow here and would look seriously out of place. One the car gets to the point that you can say something 'Bling' about it, you have just gone too far. But each to their own.

Azza73

I do agree with you there Leroy. Styling a car like the Aurion to be like the ones shown in that link in the first post does look gangsta. It has been stereotyped to much and with the wrong person driving, it just looks wrong. It is a style which we don't really follow here and would look seriously out of place. One the car gets to the point that you can say something 'Bling' about it, you have just gone too far. But each to their own.

Personally I have bondie's attitude - Why be like everyone else here is Australia it like when you first saw the Subaru wrx it was unquie these dayts once you seen one you seen them all.

unless you go diffrent with mock up sytle of the aurion ducks tail roof spoiler and diffrent style of mags lips etc then its just another aurion unless you have some super turbo / super charge modfied engine - I conratulate you all on your awesome aurions they look good but there all look smiliar.

its all about being unquie and diffrent.

thats my 2 bobs worth

Azza

It's hard to pinpoint, but BONDIE's ride doesn't have that over-the-top gangsta look to it. Even after a lip kit, it would still retain its styling that would make it suitable for Australian roads, and not something you expect to see in the ghetto parts of the States.

At the end of the day, it's your car and you can do what you want with it. Sure you can make yourself unique, but if you go overboard, you are just going to fall into a differently stereotypical category. Everyone has different ideas on styling. You will always have people criticising regardless of what you do.

It also comes down to demographics. You are subject to more stereotyping when there aren't many cars around that follow similar traits. One thing I noticed with Australia is that certain trends pick up fairly quick, but people also get over it pretty fast. Just look at all the craze that followed Fast and the Furious. Sure there are still ricers around, but it seems like most people have just gotten over it. The VIP trend also didn't really pick up here, the only cars that can really get away with it now are the 300C's. Even still though, you get stereotyped as gangsta with them.

If you think something looks great, then that's all that matters for most people. You can never satisfy everyone, so as long as you feel comfortable, then go for it.

Personally I have bondie's attitude - Why be like everyone else here is Australia it like when you first saw the Subaru wrx it was unquie these dayts once you seen one you seen them all.

unless you go diffrent with mock up sytle of the aurion ducks tail roof spoiler and diffrent style of mags lips etc then its just another aurion unless you have some super turbo / super charge modfied engine - I conratulate you all on your awesome aurions they look good but there all look smiliar.

its all about being unquie and diffrent.

thats my 2 bobs worth

Azza

That's my problem with this 'VIP' thing, especially those in the first post... They don't look different, let alone 'very important'. On any given night of the week you can drive through your local restaurant/nightclub district and see hordes of el-cheapo cars dropped ridiculously low on big shiny dinner plate wheels.

Whats even worse is that right next to them are expensive 3 series coupes, A4 sedans, C-class sedans etc that have undergone the same treatment. That is just cheapening the ride - and makes the owners look like complete chavs.

The only way to be different is to buy a car not too many people have (I was impressed 2 weeks back with a young man that chose to drive a stock R32 golf down Pitt st, amongst all the chrome and cannons) or, as you said, do a Xoom and completely change the nature of the beast.

Edited by Leroy

IMO, each to their own, everyone has different 'taste' they like.

However, it cannot be ciriticized having different taste and style because they have different taste with mine.

It would be better to ignore them for your mental reliefe, if you don't like their style. :spiteful:

I knew a rich guy owned a Nissan Maxima with heaps mods(mainly dress up purpose) like VIP style in first post and he really loved the style of his car.

At the end of the day, he ended up with BMW M5 tho..(no mods at all)

BTW, I am not a fan of the cars in the first post. :)

The VIP scene is not actually making the car looks like a diplomat car, rather is about dressing up the car in a very subtle but over-the-top styling, very low to the ground and above all looks very expensive. It's got nothing to do with the meaning of VIP.

I think more than anything else is to show people how daring you are with over-the-top styling and emphasize on aesthetic above practicality. It's like telling the world you don't care about anything else other than what you want because you have all the money in the world to have it.

So maybe that's where the VIP terms comes about, because only the rich and famous gets the title VIP.

Here's one clear example:

autowp.ru_fabulous_mercedes-benz_s-klasse_3.jpg

The VIP scene is not actually making the car looks like a diplomat car, rather is about dressing up the car in a very subtle but over-the-top styling, very low to the ground and above all looks very expensive. It's got nothing to do with the meaning of VIP.

I think more than anything else is to show people how daring you are with over-the-top styling and emphasize on aesthetic above practicality. It's like telling the world you don't care about anything else other than what you want because you have all the money in the world to have it.

So maybe that's where the VIP terms comes about, because only the rich and famous gets the title VIP.

Here's one clear example:

autowp.ru_fabulous_mercedes-benz_s-klasse_3.jpg

well said.... nice car love the extended chrome bits in the rear spoiler and what i think looks like bmw antenna rear screen

Azza

Edited by Azza73

That car is an S-Class Mercedes though... you already have all the money in the world to buy one. I think dropping it is quite distasteful, but that doesn't matter because the owner clearly has money anyway - and is showing it off as per Dan's theory.

A Camry, however, is a 35,000 dollar vehicle that fits your 2 kids and their muddy football boots in the back. No amount of lips and chrome will ever disguise its a Camry - hence you will never appear rich, famous, or VIP. Just working/middle class nouveau riche.

Your points may be valid...

But consider this...

The VIP style is prominent in south east asian countries where even owning a car let alone a nice big "camry" is only for the rich.

Take for example a "camry" in singapore cost $86k for the 2.4L model. Then there is a certificate of entitlement which is a paper saying u are allowed to buy and own a car which can cost up to about $100k.

And don't forget people over there earn half as much as we do here if they are lucky.

So if you look at VIP in it's context you would have half a clue.

Edited by Freddo