Request Pics - 02-05 Corollas with HID

hey,

im interested in getting HID's for my corolla, but im unsure whether i should go 6000k or 8000k. I dont mind a tinge of blue, jsut wondering if the 6000k will give me that, or should i go the 8000k.. altho i dont want hassles from cops...

also, the corolla having reflectors it makes the blue much more obvious..

SOo, if anyone has pics of their rollas at ngiht with HIDs could you please post them up.. it'l b good to see pics of the light shinning on the ground or wall.

also state which temperature hids u have

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

go 6000k mate basically it ensures you wont have the boys in blue pulling you over....ive spoken to 2 seperate cops(VIC) about the whole headlights / foglights thing and they both said same thing.....we dont mind fog lights on as long as not a crazy color like blue or yellow or green etc.....basically the cops are only going to pull you over and warn / fine you if they stand out and are annoying.....either way they will be nice and bright......just the white light wont attract the cops...i personally have 6000k hids for lowbeam and foggies and have to be one of favourite mods.....really helps trips at night..

edit Sig below is when i had stock foggies

Edited by jaderd

I have had 6000 and 8000 in the headlights and visibility is much much better with the 6000k hit.

The 8000K have a tinge of blue, not much but enough to notice. The visibility is still good however if its purely practicability that you are after, go for 6000K.

I also have 10000K Foglight, but good luck driving with them

The 8k will have the blue tinge.

Although it will also attract more unwanted attention being brighter.

6K is a straight white. If you tilt the height properly and do the black surround mod the glare is far less and even better, less damaging to other drivers.

T-10 SMD Parkers

6000k HID Headlight and Foglight

That was before I adjusted them so now they sit much lower on the road and doesn't blind anyone. Didn't need to adjust the fogs though.

lights are looking good!!

so, your headlights and fogs are both 6000k? just looks slightly diff on camera..

i'd like a bit of blue tinge, but not too much blue to get attention.. its hard since different brands will output slightly different shades of white/blue..

so it looks like 6000k will be the safest bet..

Also, your foglights, they're the H11 bulbs correct? i'll be changing those too, not HID tho.

6000K, 8000K.. They are both going to differ depending the brand you buy, and proof from images above.

6000K can look like 8000K depending on brands..

Make your pick with this information: 6000K is 'supposed' to be white, and 8000K is 'supposed' to be white with a tinge of blue..

HID in feflectors are all illegal.

If that's the case, then does that mean the current model Corolla Ultima sedan, previous Subaru Forester XT, Lexus GS (second gen) & IS (first gen) which use factory reflector HIDs are illegal?

No, didn't see that anywhere in the ADR.

Australia follows the same regulations as Europe, regarding HIDs. Other than requiring auto leveling & headlight washers, the ADR doesn't state anything about allowing projectors only for High Intensity Discharged headlights. In New Zealand (For example.), HIDs are allowed as long as the reflector or projector used is designed for HID (In other words, no glare & not requiring to chop up the factory HIDs from most JDM imports, unlike what happens here in Australia when cars are complied.).

Edited by ToyotaFreak

Go 5200K.. I have it, it's a crisp clean white..

And yes, colour across kelvins varies between brands..

DSC01917_18_19_20_21_HDR_800.jpg

Left: Stinky's Corolla with Mars Performance 6000K HID, Right: My Corolla with MTEC 5200K HID

I think from memory I have 4300K for low beams and 6000 for foggies.

Turn out fine I think. Bright enough to drive with just low beam and when u add the foggies, a little bit more luminius ...

:lol:

HID in feflectors are all illegal.

If that's the case, then does that mean the current model Corolla Ultima sedan, previous Subaru Forester XT, Lexus GS (second gen) & IS (first gen) which use factory reflector HIDs are illegal?

No, didn't see that anywhere in the ADR.

Australia follows the same regulations as Europe, regarding HIDs. Other than requiring auto leveling & headlight washers, the ADR doesn't state anything about allowing projectors only for High Intensity Discharged headlights. In New Zealand (For example.), HIDs are allowed as long as the reflector or projector used is designed for HID (In other words, no glare & not requiring to chop up the factory HIDs from most JDM imports, unlike what happens here in Australia when cars are complied.).

If its a factory reflector xenon, then they are fine. R34 GTRs have factory xenon reflectors.

discussion is not abut whether they are illegal or not.

merely about how they look.

i suggest purchasing off tangcla off this forum. very fast with the delivery and the product is very good.

Yeah I Just A Kit Off Him...Tangcla Is A Champ...Hopefully I Will Install It This Weekend....I Was Wondering Where Do You Guys Hide/Fix Your Ballast? Can Someone Post Some Pictures Plz?

Thanks In Advance. :)

It all comes down to personal preference I guess. Some people will swear by it that 8000K gives them plenty of visibility. While others, will say they can't see sh*t with 8000K.

Personally, I think anything too white/blue will give bad visibility. Especially in the rain.. you'll have a hard time seeing the road lines.