has the old laws changed for the old p platers (QLD)

hey every one ! my mate got held up at a massive check (like RBT) on the western freeway at lunch. today. Just a random check. He was driving a integra VTI-R (dc2).

the police man walked around the car, took notes, took his license and rego.

then he said to my mate "you suppose to be displaying your p plates?

next time the cop pulls you over expent a fine for not displaying p plates because your driving this type of car?"

WTF is a honda with vtec ?! i think p plates can drive vtec....

but the thing is my mate is under the OLD LAW got his license way before the new laws kicked in, what can my mate do ?!?!

cause if this is the case any p plater that got there license before 1st june 2007 should go sell there turbo charged cars ?!?!

suck for me i got two turbo chargered cars hahaha biggrin.gif

what you guys think ?!?!?!?

letting you guys know that the laws in queensland differ to everywhere else... such as sydney i think you have to where it reguardless old or new. but in queensland old p platers will be fined for wearing p plates as they are not appart of the new law which is p1(red) or p2(green).

Edited by Ray89

VTI-R (125kW) is not a Type R (141kW), assuming the Type R even comes under the power/displacement law for him when he got his licence...

A police officer should not be asking him leading questions like that either. The police officer should know the law and implement it when required.

If your friend wasn't being a tool, this just sounds like harassment and unnecessary means for the attending officer to find a cure for his boredom...

I hate reading stories like this, :(

Gav.

You get worst cops than that tbh...

thats true but still, its just freaking homo that the cop guranteed that he will get a fine next time the cops pull him over bcos no display of P plates. this guy wasnt even in uniform just a suit as well.

is that all ...... here i thought i was gonna read this epic tale and drama about how the car was stripped .... dragged over the pits ..... recieved 60000000 defects ......

alas that is not the case and the issue is a one liner that was delivered by one of the boys in blue ....... :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: ..... pfffft ..... i thought this would b sumfin more serious ...... all u've just stated is childs play that is on display all the time down here in sydney ...... im sure u boys can survive a verbal dressing down ....... and that one line was barely even that.

get ur friend some lego ;) ;) ;)

men_on_bridge.jpg

So he got done for no p plates, when he should have had them on?

all in all, they do target cars... esp dc2's, 200, 180, skyline.. if you buy these cars you should expect more trouble..

If your mate should have been displaying p plates.. tuff luck... learnt a lesson

So he got done for no p plates, when he should have had them on?

all in all, they do target cars... esp dc2's, 200, 180, skyline.. if you buy these cars you should expect more trouble..

If your mate should have been displaying p plates.. tuff luck... learnt a lesson

but the description of the new laws have been stated with this letter i got from Queensland Transport "Anyone who gets there licence before july 1st 2007 will not be affected by the new laws(wearing the P plates and driving supercharge/turbo cars)" he got it way before the new laws were in meaning that he shouldnt of got that lecture from cop. Even if the laws did change the old school P plates would of been notified by queensland transport.

Ever heard of Judge Dredd?

Those cops can make their own laws watsoever on the roadside and denied them as soon as you brought up the issue to their supervisors or court...

But then again IF you do get fined over this matter just bring it to the court and get the fine thrown out since as you said ur mate got his licence before July 1st 2007...

I know its a bloody waste of time but thats the only way besides giving a few choice words to the cops over the issue...

Edited by Speedz

cup of cement... harden up.

lol i would like to but once u start playing around wif the copper, like my other friend "got pulled over cop said he was street racing, friend kept on denying it, once the cop said you want me to take ur car away he drop his nuts, cos the cop has every right to take the car if u disobey a police officer. i wouldnt want the cops to take the freaking car and hand u down a huge ***** fine no one would want that

it is required for NSW P Platers that P Plates are clearly displayed on the outside of the car at all times.

which is kind of hard since some idiot people like stealing them...

Stupidest Thread ever.

You always had to display your Ps even before the changes in 07

did your friend loose his RBT virginity? tell him to harden the **** up or buy a Excel

nop that is incorrect sorry to correct you but as stated on the Queensland Transport site that if u are not p1 or p2 and u display the p plate u will be fined and since he was on the old laws his P licence is neither p1 or p2.

Edited by Ray89

it is required for NSW P Platers that P Plates are clearly displayed on the outside of the car at all times.

which is kind of hard since some idiot people like stealing them...

ROFL i reckon ey idiots

Stupidest Thread ever.

You always had to display your Ps even before the changes in 07

Not true in QLD. Before the new laws came in you did not have to display any P plates. People who got there licence before the enforcement date do not need to comply with the new system, such as high powered cars etc, it’s ok to drive them. So if your friend got his licence before the date, he wasn’t doing anything wrong not displaying any plates and driving that car. Just the cop was being a sod!

ive had good cops so far (watch this will jinx me now) once i got pulled up with a street sign that was my name that i had nicked from a local street and the guy copper laughed and said "haha thats your name *shakes head* ill pretend i didnt see that" and closes boot....i was like WTFFFF hahah

and this other time when i got caught with the radar gun the day i got my car lowered he asked me to pull up onto this island....i was like yeeeeeehhhh ok(thinking FUK in my head), got 1 wheel up and then got stuck u was beached as lol was crunching and scrathin like no tomorow....i thought this guy was going to have a heart attack and defect me somthin cronic but nup just laughed with his mates and said heres your ticket, just watch yourself getting down from there and laughed again.....have i been getting the currupt ones or what? lol

ive had good cops so far (watch this will jinx me now) once i got pulled up with a street sign that was my name that i had nicked from a local street and the guy copper laughed and said "haha thats your name *shakes head* ill pretend i didnt see that" and closes boot....i was like WTFFFF hahah

and this other time when i got caught with the radar gun the day i got my car lowered he asked me to pull up onto this island....i was like yeeeeeehhhh ok(thinking FUK in my head), got 1 wheel up and then got stuck u was beached as lol was crunching and scrathin like no tomorow....i thought this guy was going to have a heart attack and defect me somthin cronic but nup just laughed with his mates and said heres your ticket, just watch yourself getting down from there and laughed again.....have i been getting the currupt ones or what? lol

lol