Brake Calipers

dont bother with those covers, such a rice mod! when i was in Thailand a month ago, all i saw was red Brembo brake covers, on little honda jazz's, preludes, anything that is jap, and its jst so Rice

Dont do it.

Like Superdave said, get some decent brake pads, maybe upgrade to braided hoses, and spray you calipers a nice colour to stand out, anything other than RED, plz!

what do I spray them with, mine are a little rusty. I just want them to be black, but not retain any heat.

whitestivo

i take it you have a white stivo lol.. i havn't seen your ride nor pics, but if you go white, they will get dirty real quick.. what colour is your wheels?? perhaps Blue or Yellow.. heat resistant paint?? :huh:

what do I spray them with, mine are a little rusty. I just want them to be black, but not retain any heat.

whitestivo

i take it you have a white stivo lol.. i havn't seen your ride nor pics, but if you go white, they will get dirty real quick.. what colour is your wheels?? perhaps Blue or Yellow.. heat resistant paint?? :huh:

You can buy paint especially for painting calipers ;) If you have the money and options, get them sandblasted and powder coated ;)

whitestivo

Just make sure it isn't gloss paint or else it will stand out. Autobahn/Repco sell the paint, VHT paint is what you're after.

just save ur money and buy the real deal ..... and whats wrong with red dave ? :P :P :P :P

Bill, your red onces are an exception cos there MASSIVE!!! Even VW had to jump on the bandwagon and get there GTI golfs calipers painted red from the factory.

I mean try something different, theres a Rainbow spectrum out there, try another colour thats available, just 'To be different'

just save ur money and buy the real deal ..... and whats wrong with red dave ? :P :P :P :P

Bill, your red onces are an exception cos there MASSIVE!!! Even VW had to jump on the bandwagon and get there GTI golfs calipers painted red from the factory.

I mean try something different, theres a Rainbow spectrum out there, try another colour thats available, just 'To be different'

Why not paint them rainbow............. :lol: ........

On a serious note, do you think it would be possible to paint them so that it has the effect that in the light at different angles, different colours shine? Is it called pearl paints or something?

Let's face it even Brembo don't restrict themselves to just Red (available in Red, White, Yellow, Black, Silver or Gold)

post-3374-1236945157_thumb.jpg

post-3374-1236945172_thumb.jpg

Edited by jps137

gold goes pretty well with black cars

xoom, the disc is 5 stud yet the wheel is 4 stud??

;) ;) ;) ;) ...... a little thing called re-drilling the disc

Let's face it even Brembo don't restrict themselves to just Red (available in Red, White, Yellow, Black, Silver or Gold)

u can get the rotora's in about 5 different mainstream colours and i think they do custom colours if ur prepared to wait

less rice more spice :D dont get covers man its soo dodge get the real deal 4 - 6 piston brakes wif slotted rotars :D be soo hot and also good stopping too :P

vht paint, got it

i personally think unless you upgrade your rotors like zoom has, seeing a small set of rotors painted red just looks ridiculous.

if you got big rotors, show em, if you don't, they'll be black like mine

there are pictures of whitestivo around.

whitestivo

Painting calipers red as well as disc hub looks good if it is done properly. Unfortunately a lot of people do rough dodgy jobs an it doesn't quite look the goods.

Don't go yellow. Looks crap and tends to fade with the heat quicker than any other colour. Gold unfortunately unless it has Brembo stamped on it looks rather early 80's in the style category.

new_brakes_1.jpg

P1270048.jpg

Damn, slotted rotors and Rotora calipers... trd rims... damn. Thats stopping power!

new_brakes_1.jpg

P1270048.jpg

Damn, slotted rotors and Rotora calipers... trd rims... damn. Thats stopping power!

he needs it trust me :spiteful:

how much would a set of brakes like that set u back? also im gunna paint my brake calipers and was trying to decide on a colour, i thought too that red wouldn't look great...with a white car with chrome wheels....maybe white? what do u guys think?

how much would a set of brakes like that set u back? also im gunna paint my brake calipers and was trying to decide on a colour, i thought too that red wouldn't look great...with a white car with chrome wheels....maybe white? what do u guys think?

Dont go white they will be black before you know it!!!

Why not try a blue??

• 3 months later...

new_brakes_1.jpg

P1270048.jpg

Xoom! Where did you get your big brake up grade from?

Ive been looking everywhere!?!?!?!

Obviously not hard enough though.