Just Bought A STIVO

Hi all

the missus and i jus aquired a 05 sportivo, 6sp manual, leather interior, 25500km's from a dealer for 19990,

wat size/type exhaust, full or cat back???

i was thinking of doing CAI, Exhaust, k&n panel filter or pod filter, new and bigger leads, better plugs. what else should i do to get some better performance???

but before all the performance stuff happens im gonna smash allot of alpine stereo into her, once i have foto's i will post em up for all to see

where is the best place to get a rear skirt from for it cos the bloke who bought it wanted mud flaps so it didnt get the skirt so definatly need to get that too

also does anyone get a wierd noise out of their stivo during hard spinning take off or 2nd gear chirps?? its a hard noise to explain kinda like axle tramp but maybe a vibration somewhere else <_<

cheers all

Edited by alpine_vs_sportivo

Welcome..

dont think u can just put a poddy on, as the MAF sensor is built into the box, correct me if im wrong? U can go the k&n panel, but u might aswell go the TRD CAI, which is a poddy that is behind ya fog light..

I wouldnt bother with new plugs, will hardly do anything, and u said bigger leads? doesnt it have direct coils to the plugs? sorry i have never checked..

with the rear skirt, check out this thread.. http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=19911 , started by TRD sportivo.

when i take off and i get wheel spin, its asif the front bounces.. maybe its similar to the 'axlel tramp' you describe.. i get it when i get any wheel spin

once again, welcome

Edited by 123R-Prozak

i was thinking of doing CAI, Exhaust, k&n panel filter or pod filter, new and bigger leads, better plugs. what else should i do to get some better performance???

Welcome and good buy!!!

If you only want to replace the panel filter, i can get you a brand new TRD panel filter for approx. $80 (will check)

Welcome and good buy!!!

If you only want to replace the panel filter, i can get you a brand new TRD panel filter for approx. $80 (will check)

i say go with the CAI instead of both an air intake 'and' a panel filter lol :P

Evo

wat size/type exhaust, full or cat back???

Go a full system, 2.5" mandrel bent.

I got a CAI for sale ;)

The ZZ series engines are coil over plug, so no leads. Changing plugs won't make a difference unless they are stuffed. Ported manifold is another cheap mod that yields great results.

where is the best place to get a rear skirt from for it cos the bloke who bought it wanted mud flaps so it didnt get the skirt so definatly need to get that too

Toyota. But if you have a tow bar you can't use them together. You'll also need to either remount your exhaust or cut a section out for clearance.

also does anyone get a wierd noise out of their stivo during hard spinning take off or 2nd gear chirps?? its a hard noise to explain kinda like axle tramp but maybe a vibration somewhere else <_<

Yeah, the car will tramp when wheel spinning. Front strut brace reduces it a bit.

Yeah, the car will tramp when wheel spinning. Front strut brace reduces it a bit.

Add in larger front sway bar, coilovers, engine mounts and a LSD. What axle tramp??

I say read up the pinned topics and you should be able to get most of the answers you are looking for.

thanks for all advice, as i said we only jus got it so i havent had time to go over the motor to see wat its got and wat it hasnt, first mod i did was a viper 700vr alarm with glass break sensors and programmable voice module, when i get wheels ill put a digital tilt sensor too :D only cos i can and its wat i do for a living so its cheap lol and a shorter antenna was next to go on now my antenna is 2 inches long, as for the axle tramp like i said its hard to explain the noise it makes, our old pulsar used to make it too but never been in another car that does it,

if people r interested i can organise to get a bulk buy on short antenna's to suit the rollas possibly around the $15each including postage providing i can get around 20 orders, the antenna comes with 3 different length sections, i think 2 inch, 4 inch, and 6 inch, this photo (if it works) is the shortest section used

post-12653-1237456227_thumb.jpg

Not sure about mechanical, but there was an ECU recall i think.. Should be a sticker on the inside of your drivers door or something.. Search the forums or im sure someone will correct me here.

Also, you're an alarm installer? What area are you in?

^ The dealers didn't always put the sticker on. To check physically on your car open the air box and look for a white fin sitting in the pipe that runs between the air box and the throttle body.

the only other way to fix this is get a CAI

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: