My bits from the U.S.

holmesie

I sent a Kluger tailgate panel to a US member from the Toyota Nation forums. As part of the exchange I got a sports shift knob, and a Blendmount for my Scanguage (a compact & programmable OBDII reader). The shift knob is very comfy to hold, although I'm worried it could get a little hot in summer :blink:

Thought I'd post up some pics (although the Scanguage is in my Triton, it can be used in most cars)

Please excuse the dirty state of the Kluger interior, comes with the territory unfortunately!!

IMGP3044Large.jpg

IMGP3040Large.jpg

Scanguage with Blendmount, and very nifty way to mount it behind the review mirror

IMGP2956Large.jpg

IMGP2955Large.jpg

G21A-165.jpg

Edited by holmesie

haha unfortunately not - dealer fitted the switch & relay for driving lights (which I supplied). Can't believe they didn;t try and find a switch that suited the Kluger dash a little better

haha unfortunately not - dealer fitted the switch & relay for driving lights (which I supplied). Can't believe they didn;t try and find a switch that suited the Kluger dash a little better

I had my dealer supply and fit the driving lights and also a hot wire to the rear axillary outlet direct from the battery. Both were fitted with rocker switches supplied by the dealer. The auto electrician who was contracted by the dealer to do the hot wire had to get the switch from the dealer, as the standard switches he had wouldn't fit in the blank axillary positions in the Kluger as they require a smaller than standard switch.

The sparky also had to cut the panel above the centre console to fit the additional switch as there were no spare axillary blanks left after I had the front parking sensors installed. There are very few blank auxiliary mounts in the kluger which is very disappointing when compared to most other vehicles (Even fewer on the Grande).

View of driving light switch to right of steering wheel:

post-11798-1237942041_thumb.jpg

View of hot wire switch in centre console:

post-11798-1237942050_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kesawi

They are MUCH neater switches than mine Kesawi, I should try and track down one just like that - thanks for the pics, much appreciated mate

Edited by holmesie

They are MUCH neater switches than mine Kesawi, I should try and track down one just like that - thanks for the pics, much appreciated mate

Contact for dealer parts department from where the switch was supplied is http://www.4x4xmore.com.au/parts.htm

Happy hunting.

PS I note in your signature that you have a UHF fitted. How is the antenna mounted? Could you post some pictures of how it looks? Also does the scan guage tell you much more information than you already get from the trip computer and instrument panel on the Kluger?

Edited by Kesawi

Thanks for the link. I will take a pic of the antenna mount tomorrow Kesawi - I have it mounted on the nudgebar with a GME Electrophone antenna bracket

mb101ss.jpg

The scanguage tells you info such as ignition timing, throttle position, air intake temp, calibrated fuel consumption (if you have altered the tyre size) etc. plus it can clear error codes. I haven't used it in the Kluger as the trip computer is good enough, but in my Triton it's a good piece of gear for various reasons

Edited by holmesie

Thanks for the link. I will take a pic of the antenna mount tomorrow Kesawi - I have it mounted on the nudgebar with a GME Electrophone antenna bracket

Thanks holmesie. Where have you mounted the radio in the cab? My thoughts would be either under the FM radio, above the FM radio on the dash or on the side of the centre console in the passenger's footwell.

Ahh, I was after minimum fuss for the install so I bought an Electrophone TX3440 with all the controls on the handpiece. The radio body is under the passenger seat, fixed to the carpet with velcro strips. Uniden also have two similar models (UH400 SX-RM & UH500 SX-RM)

TX3440.jpg