Got rammed today

Parked at a st in the city waiting for a friend around 5.30pm with my headlights on. The car parked in front suddenly put in reverse gear. As soon as i saw that, i had my hands on the horn already. He started reversing, i horn him. he had no intention of stopping but to further accelerate. I sound my horn non-stop which is loud enough for everyone on the street to stopped and look as he bang into my front bumper. I heard a "BOMP" sound.

I got off the car and i told him off badly as i was very angry and ****** off. He gave me the lamest excuse i have ever heard. I cannot see your car and i heard nothing. He must be blind and deaf to not see a car with headlights on shinny behind him and couldn't hear a horn which is loud enough for everyone on the street to stop and watch him hit my car.

He just doesn't know how to drive. He shouldn't even be on the road. Furthermore, hes only has a mainland china license in simplified Chinese tells me he has international license. Is that thing even valid?

After inspecting the car, there are no visible damage. But i'm not sure if it's safe to say the car's ok. And if so, anyone know where that "BOMP" sound could come from?

it would of flexed in and out, causing the pain to crack slightly on the plastic bar.. get a good light, check for cracks, if so get a quote from the panel beater or body repairs and give the quote to his insurance :rolleyes:

Parked at a st in the city waiting for a friend around 5.30pm with my headlights on. The car parked in front suddenly put in reverse gear. As soon as i saw that, i had my hands on the horn already. He started reversing, i horn him. he had no intention of stopping but to further accelerate. I sound my horn non-stop which is loud enough for everyone on the street to stopped and look as he bang into my front bumper. I heard a "BOMP" sound.

I got off the car and i told him off badly as i was very angry and ****** off. He gave me the lamest excuse i have ever heard. I cannot see your car and i heard nothing. He must be blind and deaf to not see a car with headlights on shinny behind him and couldn't hear a horn which is loud enough for everyone on the street to stop and watch him hit my car.

He just doesn't know how to drive. He shouldn't even be on the road. Furthermore, hes only has a mainland china license in simplified Chinese tells me he has international license. Is that thing even valid?

After inspecting the car, there are no visible damage. But i'm not sure if it's safe to say the car's ok. And if so, anyone know where that "BOMP" sound could come from?

omg hope ur car is ok, what a **** idiot ARGH! hate people like that. this lady came out of this intersection and cut straight infront of my friends s15 nearly causing an accident my friend got freaking angry ey **** chased the bitch down but she didnt wanna pull over so he reported her to the cops but cops didnt do nething bcos no witness' **** homo ey

Check behind the bumper to see if any bumper brackets/mounts/plastic bits have cracked. I hope you got the offenders details for an insurance claim.

I tend to avoid city street parking and will either take public transport or park in a secure car park if I have no other choice.

thanks guys,

Checked the bumper front and inside. Dont see any crack at all. I hope its all good.

There are us tgetting more lunatics on the road.

Went to local shops for lunch just then.

At a T section from the main road i was turning right, this car from small street wants to turn right , i knew he probably didnt see my car .. Which is right in front of him making a turn. I sounded the horn and accelerated out of the way.. How could you miss a car which is right in front of you?

And on my way back home, This car turns and drives in my lane. How great is that??!!

Are all drivers becoming blind or what? And deaf. With no intention of stopping when warned with a horn. This is bloody ridiculous.

Its not music sound

Its the "Bomp" sound he get when your bumpers have been presured on.

Well, I cant find a single scratch or crack so what can i do?

Its my number plate that his rear bumper had hit first

thats sound u heard is the sound of the plastic bumper flexing, also adding to that sound is the foam bar reinforcment and metal reinforcment doing its job and contracting. what u need to do is check all connecting points for cracking, check if any clips are missing or have been losened, even though theres no external damage the metal reinforcment connecting points (top and bottom bolts) will be bent, how much will depend on how hard he's hit your car. if you can, remove your bar and have a look, u might find that its not even worth making a claim but its up to you

Yeh, i've checked the reinforcement bar and foam block. It doesnt seem to be bent as it was a light hit. Also, his rear bumper seems to be softer then my front bumper. So i have no idea whos sound is it.

Now where are all the clips that do the connecting point? And what are you referring to for reinforcement connecting point?

yes some people are just idiots.. double demerits this long w/e.. turning right.. light went green, so i found my friction point and started to creep forward when out of nowhere this lebo in a crappi red car ran the red and turned infront of me.. i honked and he looked like he was in the right because he was lebo.. ffs..

and i was driving, this old azn bloke swerved into my lane.. i hit my brakes and honked immediately.. he didnt look, so i hit lift next to him and it being louder with the CAI got his attention, he looked at me so i gave him the finger and drove off.. probably a late night from playing the pokies at canley vale rsl

Yeh, i've checked the reinforcement bar and foam block. It doesnt seem to be bent as it was a light hit. Also, his rear bumper seems to be softer then my front bumper. So i have no idea whos sound is it.

Now where are all the clips that do the connecting point? And what are you referring to for reinforcement connecting point?

if you have taken your bar off, then u would had to of come across all clips and self tapping screws. if none are missing and the connecting points on those areas have'nt been broken thats a good sine. on the reinforcement theres two nuts at the front of each side of the reinforcement connected to the rails, these should be ok but theres two more bolts that screw into the top and bottom of the rail , check these for cracking because this is the weakest point on the reinforcement. its purpose is to be the first line of defence on impact

Your car is fine, forget about it. No need to go chasing for problems if they aren't there.