*****SPILLIGE MOBILE*****

spillige

vehicle: 2005 toyota corolla conquest zze122

mods so far:

17 inch foxracing wheels

painted calipers

axle back exhaust with Hurricane muffler

liverpool exhaust cai (cut and beaded to shortram)

apollo k&n closed intake

obx radiator hoses

cusco strut brace

custom alloy heat sheild

d1 spec oil breather

hids

custom battery relocation

king springs superlows

altezza tail lights

debadgeing

more mods slowly coming

Picture529.jpgPicture533.jpg

Edited by spillige

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we finally get to see your ride, its definitely coming along :D

any future mods?

Be keen to see where this goes :P

Evo

braking,suspension and possibly a turbo if my other project doesnt suck up all my cash and sanity 1st.......... :(

Nice tidy engine bay there. I am also loving the way that front end is going. It looks so smooth and minimal, yet so fine. At least it is FMIC ready ;)

im envious at how well your carmate frontbar fits... mine is still sitting in the garage after 2 years coz it needs a lot of work to fit.

cars looking good overall! keep it up!

what are the blue wires in the engine bay?

whitestivo

i can only assume u mean the blue hoses?, they are oil breather hoses.

allso anote to any one wanting to install this carmate bar on there own cars, the factory reinforcement cant be used with the bar. witch is highly illegel, what i am planning to do is make up a custom steel/alloy bolt in bar for the front (similier to what a strut brace looks like) that will bolt into the factory mounts, might even make it a 3 link (3rd link being the radiator support)

i don't get it. how does the oil breathe out of a hose?

or is there a filter somewhere i'm not seeing?

i've been thinking an oil cooler would be next on my mod list due to boiling liquids at the track.

whitestivo

The silver tin they lead to is the separation tank. Oily air enters, and hopefully normal air leaves to go back into the intake (it is illegal to vent to atmosphere).

A separation tank is a good idea on a 2zz as it does get a lot of blow-by. Have a look in the plenum one day and see how much oil you have pooling in there ;) Is the 1zz the same Spillage?

As far as an oil cooler goes you don't need one. Cheaper to just change your oil before/after a track day. As for 'boiling' liquids, the PS reservoir always done that when the engine is running and up to temperature. I haven't been worried in the 3 years I've been doing it.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread Spillage :P

a note to any one wanting to install this carmate bar on there own cars, the factory reinforcement cant be used with the bar. witch is highly illegel, what i am planning to do is make up a custom steel/alloy bolt in bar for the front (similier to what a strut brace looks like) that will bolt into the factory mounts, might even make it a 3 link (3rd link being the radiator support)

some people (including the previous owner of my frontbar) have cut their frontbar around the factory reinforcement so it does not have to be removed. in my particular bar, (prefacelift c-one carmate version), only an inch.. possibly 2 inch square peices were cut out at the tops of the mesh holes. its a barely noticable modification unless you are really trying to find it. when i do end up getting it installed, id paint that reinforcement black so you cant see it through the mesh.

as a common sense kinda idea.. i wouldnt sacrifice safety for the sake of looks when it came to my car.

but yea... if you choose not to go with the option ive pretty much inherited from the previous owner of my front bar... is your idea fabricating a "custom bolt in bar" entirely legal or just as safe?

jase

i wouldnt say blow-by is excessive on the 1zz, but a catch can is still a good idea. i opened her up the other day to find a thick layer of build up in it (about 15000kms worth), and i know id rather have that in the can than in my manifold. allso note i had to make my own baffleing for the can as this one had'nt come with any.

when it comes to the front ends, the facelift and pre-facelift are prity much the same, thought every bar is different in there dementions and will require different fitting, what you might have to do to get your bar fitted, wont necaseraly work for a different style of bar and vice versa. i had the option of cutting into my bar but chose not to, as i would of had to cut way to much out. as u said jj i would never recomend any one drive around with no reinforcement, as its the only line of protection against a collision and your motor, not to mention if your insurance company finds out your not covered. as for the bolt in bar i will be making, as long as its enginer approved u wont have a problem, and im sure i can make it as strong if not better than the factory one.

Edited by spillige

• 2 months later...

finally had the time to paint my bar this morning, turned out very well for a rush job........ :D

im kind of stuck on whether to paint the mesh inserts black or leave them silver, opinions needed, im likeing black at the moment.also making a numberplate bracket to mount the numberplate on the left below the side vent

17062009_003-1.jpg

17062009.jpg

hopefully will do the fit up this week........

looks great! cant wait to see it fitted

with the mesh, i reckon black as well.. but if you have grey coloured wheels or something, the silver might be the go