*****SPILLIGE MOBILE*****

spillige

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something strange.

You have the Oil Catch Tank return on the front of the intake manifolds.

in my engine (european 3zz-fe) the same valve is located on the rear of the manifolds, near the throttlebody.

I think different continent different engine :blink:

im actually having problems with my hoses at the moment, they seem to be collapsing from i think a combination of heat and oil vapour, i cant really see why this should be happening because they are the highest quality industial double layered silicone.

i think by popular demand the mesh inserts will have to be black.............. allso on the side skirts i wont be useing the standard grill with backing plate, rather bar mesh and the backing plate

bit of a rush to get the bar on and make the reinforcment bar yesterday morning, but its on.... still needs fine tuning to get the lines matched up 100%

i think i couldnt of taken a worse picture if i tried, ill get better ones soon

Picture564.jpg

heres the bar we made, on the car and lined up with the stock one, material used was 4130 Chromoly steel

20062009_005.jpg

20062009_006.jpg

if you've ever needed an excuse to fit a catch tank heres one

20062009_003.jpg

the reinforcement bar looks good, but is that engineer approved as you were suggesting earlier? looks as though you have only 2 bolts holding the bar in place... does the original only use 2 as well? if the engineer and insurance companies have no problem with this then ill definately look into getting one made for my car. looks better and possibly stronger than stock??

sorry to say but the first pic of the frontbar unpainted looks cooler than after its been painted?! stands out more if it was flat black.. almost carbon fibre looking lol! but yea im sure the car with the newly painted front bar looks better if you took a pic during the day. well done overall!

Edited by mannyMANNYmanny

the reinforcement bar looks good, but is that engineer approved as you were suggesting earlier? looks as though you have only 2 bolts holding the bar in place... does the original only use 2 as well? if the engineer and insurance companies have no problem with this then ill definately look into getting one made for my car. looks better and possibly stronger than stock??

sorry to say but the first pic of the frontbar unpainted looks cooler than after its been painted?! stands out more if it was flat black.. almost carbon fibre looking lol! but yea im sure the car with the newly painted front bar looks better if you took a pic during the day. well done overall!

i havent had it engeinered, im sure it would pass.....its more for my peace of mind than any thing, it has 2 front nuts and 2 top bolts holding it in so 4 all up, the whole reason for making the bar was because i couldnt fit the bar with out hitting that section where the bottom bolts are

yeah its a bad picture, ill get some better ones up when i can. i allso think the front end looks a bit plain now needs some thing, maybe eyelids or a badge of some kind on the grill, but im not a fan of eyelids

i havent had it engeinered, im sure it would pass.....its more for my peace of mind than any thing, it has 2 front nuts and 2 top bolts holding it in so 4 all up, the whole reason for making the bar was because i couldnt fit the bar with out hitting that section where the bottom bolts are

yeah its a bad picture, ill get some better ones up when i can. i allso think the front end looks a bit plain now needs some thing, maybe eyelids or a badge of some kind on the grill, but im not a fan of eyelids

DO the black headlight mod. That would tie it together perfectly with the black mesh.

Otherwise that front bar looks real good.

[/quote name=KEN33F' date='Jun 22 2009, 09:07 PM' post='329171]

Looking awesome! Is that with the black mesh? It looks silver, or is it from the flash of your camera?

yeah its black, like you said flash plays tricks

DO the black headlight mod. That would tie it together perfectly with the black mesh.

Otherwise that front bar looks real good.

thx, yeah ive thought about doing it, bit of a pain though, but yeah i think it would look real good.

picture i took this afternoon before work, i realy need to take time to take some good shots till then this will do......... :(

22062009.jpg

took some time to take some half decant photos today :toast:

photo3.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

i cant seem to take any good photos from the back, car always seems out of proportion from that angle, if any one has any tips for me much appreciated.

Mate that front bar looks so damn good :toast:

Exterior wise the only things I could think of that could set off the car would be:

-black headlights

-smoked tail lights

-factory style rear spoiler.

Otherwise mmmmmm :spiteful:

Btw don't think it needs those foggies you were planning. Just mesh it up.

nice mate.....some time soon im going to rip my front bar off and pull out all the grille parts up top and down in lower air dam.....and just put black mesh as far back as possible...want it to look like a big wide mouth black hole lol

front bar looks heaps good!! does it sit flush? great job either way, any plans for a rear bar aswell?

nice location for phtos too

Well done! Yeah like Andy suggested, the rear could do with a factory style spoiler. :)

Maybe even put the factory tail lights back on, or black altezzas.

looking good mate and i agree you should do the black headlight mod and revert back to stock taillights. but im interested in how the custom foglights go

also check out maximas's rolla thread

Mate that front bar looks so damn good :toast:

Exterior wise the only things I could think of that could set off the car would be:

-black headlights

-smoked tail lights

-factory style rear spoiler.

Otherwise mmmmmm :spiteful:

Btw don't think it needs those foggies you were planning. Just mesh it up.

yeah im thinking about doing the black headlight mod would look good i think

bar looks pretty good ;) nice paint job i must say.. but hrm.. it mite just be me but now the front looks like a lancer :S

not sure what lancer your talking about lol................ :blink:

nice mate.....some time soon im going to rip my front bar off and pull out all the grille parts up top and down in lower air dam.....and just put black mesh as far back as possible...want it to look like a big wide mouth black hole lol

yeah thats a good mod to do if you want to keep your original bar, just make sure if you do it go all out and cut the top tabs off and plastic weld the bottom grill insert holes in, looks alot better that way

front bar looks heaps good!! does it sit flush? great job either way, any plans for a rear bar aswell?

nice location for phtos too

if you want some thing done you have to do it your self :D , yeah she sits great, will sit even better once i get time to do a proper fit up, as it was only a quick fit up before i had to go to work that day, as for the rear bar it will be very similer to TRDYUS's rear bar, one piece moulded plastic

Well done! Yeah like Andy suggested, the rear could do with a factory style spoiler. :)

Maybe even put the factory tail lights back on, or black altezzas.

yeah the factory rear lghts will be going back on this weekend, as for a spoiler im ordering a rear toyota sunguard for the back........

looking good mate and i agree you should do the black headlight mod and revert back to stock taillights. but im interested in how the custom foglights go

also check out maximas's rolla thread

yeah the foglights i wanted to make up were going to be similer style to the golf gti, but i have a number of problems now

1.number plate gets in the way on one side

2. my cold air ducting i will be making up takes up a lot of room on the other side

ill try and figure some thing out, thx for the replys boys

Edited by spillige

i dont know ey.. but i think i seen a lancer with a full kit (similar front bar as tht).. i mean im never a fan of the normal lancer so i kinda "dislike" it but maybe its the same styled bodykit.. but yeh.. dont get me wrong.. it looks nice ;) unique nonetheless..

i dont know ey.. but i think i seen a lancer with a full kit (similar front bar as tht).. i mean im never a fan of the normal lancer so i kinda "dislike" it but maybe its the same styled bodykit.. but yeh.. dont get me wrong.. it looks nice ;) unique nonetheless..

you mean the bar looks like an aftermarket lancer type bar....ok i see what u mean.

fitted my rear sunguard today think it looks good, though it looks more like a wing due to it being tinted......fail.

also fitted my original taillights back in which i think is a massive improvment over the alteza's, also tried to do the jdm taillight mod but ended in epic fail...... due to dodgy soldering, will try again another day, to add to it i lost one of the taillight nuts in the nether reaches that is the rear hatch trim.

now for some pics

shot8.jpg

shot6.jpg

shot1.jpg

shot5.jpg

shot7.jpg

Edited by spillige