Urgent~!Ryda GPS Install

does anyone have their GPS unit intall by Ryda?? The following link is the GPS unit which is currently selling by Ryda. However, the staff from Ryda said it only works on Camry!!

http://www.ryda.com.au/Polaris-Toyota-Camr...m-p/pid30sw.htm

I just wondering has anyone installed exactly the same unit on their Aurion? and does it work on Aurion????

Help please

If it fits on Current 2007+ camry, it should fit on Aurion too.

I found they both model using same platform of decker system.

So yeah..it should fit fine.

thanks mate~! however, they called manufacture and said it won't fit. i am confusing now. we know current camry and aurion share the same shape, however, do they share the same wires(connection)? i dont want to buy it before i install it. Ryda wont accept returs, because it has been intalled.

so anyone help~~ha...

The people you are dealing with at Ryda Car Audio are clearly on drugs!!! How can they not know that this unit will 100% suit your Aurion!! The manufacturer they are seeking advice from is probably in China and would very likely have no idea what an Aurion is??

Tell them to get their facts and right and becuase they have stuffed you around by giving you misinformation, ask for a further discount on the unit :spiteful:

Nice price at the moment though!

Edited by Sanz

The people you are dealing with at Ryda Car Audio are clearly on drugs!!! How can they not know that this unit will 100% suit your Aurion!! The manufacturer they are seeking advice from is probably in China and would very likely have no idea what an Aurion is??

Tell them to get their facts and right and becuase they have stuffed you around by giving you misinformation, ask for a further discount on the unit :spiteful:

Nice price at the moment though!

so you think, it will work on my Aurion?

OMG~~i am going to take my own risk...T.T

So far every OEM fit head unit for the Gen 6 Camry is interchangeable with the Aurion. As an example, the Auspacks unit was originally made only for the Camry. Those fit in the Aurion perfectly fine. If you ask me, I wouldn't be surprised if that head unit in the link you attached came out of the same factory as the Auspacks unit. The layout is pretty spot on except for some minor differences, and then the interface is slightly cleaner.

So far every OEM fit head unit for the Gen 6 Camry is interchangeable with the Aurion. As an example, the Auspacks unit was originally made only for the Camry. Those fit in the Aurion perfectly fine. If you ask me, I wouldn't be surprised if that head unit in the link you attached came out of the same factory as the Auspacks unit. The layout is pretty spot on except for some minor differences, and then the interface is slightly cleaner.

yup..i understand but i can't see anyone who has installed Ryda's GPS unit. I saw there are couple of forums discussing the AUSPACK GPS unit, except Ryda's. it seems Ryda is not popular here...

yup..i understand but i can't see anyone who has installed Ryda's GPS unit. I saw there are couple of forums discussing the AUSPACK GPS unit, except Ryda's. it seems Ryda is not popular here...

I think the Auspacks unit gained a little more popularity here because once one person got it and was satisfied, the rest followed. On top of that, the Auspacks unit includes a reversing camera in the package and has a built-in TV tuner (good at the time, will be useless soon). I hadn't even heard of Ryda until you mentioned it.

I think the Auspacks unit gained a little more popularity here because once one person got it and was satisfied, the rest followed. On top of that, the Auspacks unit includes a reversing camera in the package and has a built-in TV tuner (good at the time, will be useless soon). I hadn't even heard of Ryda until you mentioned it.

well..lets wait and see untill someone jump out and say he/she got one install from Ryda and it works on Aurion~!

well..lets wait and see untill someone jump out and say he/she got one install from Ryda and it works on Aurion~!

Don't get your hopes up eh. May not see a response for a bit. Then when you realise that the Ryda unit actually does work, then you'll wonder what the wait was for.

I quite enjoy the tv in my car at certain times so does my wife. I noticed on a thread here that someone was thinking about purchasing a unit that also had a digital set top box as an option that you could add to it. I hope there will be one for the Auspack unit. Mmmmmm i think i might email Rob from Auspack ;)

i have always bought my systems from ryda.

i honestly dont think that they are trying to **** you around with this.

yes it more than likely will fit, but they just might not know it.

ryda has always been extreamly helpful to me and even has fixed a few things for me for free.

i think you should take a drive in there and spek to them personally.

some of them dont know **** all but some are extreamly knowledgable.

i just came back from Ryda today. They said their current GPS unit is only design for current Camry and is not compatible to Aurion. Moreover, they also stated the model for Aurion is coming up between 3-4 weeks.

I don't know how they can say this when both units are identical??? I have a Presara and wanted to change the factory unit and so I emailed Ryda with some questions and I emailed Auspack. Rob from Auspack got back to me within an hour. It took nearly two weeks for Ryda to get back to me, but with no answers, only: bring it in and we'll have a look at it. By this time I had purchased the unit from Auspack and had it delivered.

Fitting was quite easy apart from interfacing the factory camera that I have which is fed 6 volts from the original unit. I had to step the voltage down and work out the wiring from the factory plug which also housed the wiring for the Presara inbuilt microphone for the bluetooth. Also the GPS antenna connection is different and so I installed the Auspack antenna next to the factory one under the dash on top of the centre vent ducting.

Overall the austpack unit is very good. IGO8 is excellent. The only complaint I have is the Bluetooth is a little lazy and spasmodic in the way it works.Sometimes you can answer the phone and other times it doesn't respond. You have to check that it connects each time.

I'm debating to sell the original unit or keep it as a spare.

LOL!!!

Ryda are an absolute laughing stock!!!

I can't believe they are still insisting that the unit won't suit the Aurion!

I'm soooo very embarrassed for them :lol:

I might send them an email if I can be bothered letting them know how incompetant they are.

pure dumb <_<

spend your money elsewhere, there r a lot of choices out there...

elsewhere? um...anyone has any other suggestion, if i dont get the GPS unit from Ryda and AUSPACK.

i have spent at least 6 weeks on this and get nothing....

T.T'''...crying...

I recommend you definitely get a unit that is specific to the Camry/Aurion. The installation is so simple, it’s plug in play and anyone can do it!

The dashboard setup looks much better also as the units look very OEM!!!

Have a look at EBay, there’s some good one’s on there.

wondering how much for labour r u paying.. <_<

people dont just go around helping ppl for free...

have u even walked into a proper audio shop, and ask how much for a HU plus install? i believe tons of shops out there are happy to do it..It's not a hard thing for them..

wondering how much for labour r u paying.. <_<

people dont just go around helping ppl for free...

have u even walked into a proper audio shop, and ask how much for a HU plus install? i believe tons of shops out there are happy to do it..It's not a hard thing for them..

haha...ofcoz i know nothing is for free. Ryda is going to charge me 1300 for GPS unit and labour....so i would prepare to pay around 1100, if anyone would like to help...

BUT~~one thing to keep in mind~~~~You must know how to install