Project 5S-GTE

I *REALLY* appreciate that guys. But its not just a time thing, I wont have enough time for testing/tuning or running in before syd, not to mention getting my mod plate and new susp. in.

I will just take the celica slowly and get it done, will end up with a better car at the end of it all.

as daryl said, things happen for a reason and maybe this was just not meant to be... but dont worry, 5S-GTE will still happen... just a bit slower.

Time to do a few things to the yaris to make the trip to syd a little better :)

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as daryl said, things happen for a reason and maybe this was just not meant to be...

yeh your luck would be get it just going, drive down to sydney then.................mad defect station, loose heaps of points, get a sick fine, ruin your whole weekend etc. not cool

if you get bored of the yaris, i will kindly let you borrow the colt for one of the cruises :)

as daryl said, things happen for a reason and maybe this was just not meant to be...

yeh your luck would be get it just going, drive down to sydney then.................mad defect station, loose heaps of points, get a sick fine, ruin your whole weekend etc. not cool

if you get bored of the yaris, i will kindly let you borrow the colt for one of the cruises :)

exactly man.

and much love, might have to take it for a bit of a drive hehe.

I've got a spare 2zz crank, surely that'll fit it's a 4 banger too :lol:

Take the Yaris to Sydney, you'd hate to leave it down there, or worse, get it towed back to Brisbane if some ghetto work failed down there.

I've got a spare 2zz crank, surely that'll fit it's a 4 banger too :lol:

Take the Yaris to Sydney, you'd hate to leave it down there, or worse, get it towed back to Brisbane if some ghetto work failed down there.

yeah, I'm taking the yaris. Even if i do get the celica going I don't have enough time to ensure the reliability of my ghetto works.

I'm sure Daryl will tow you back home with the endless torque he has got with the SC; or Corey with his 6L of sinew.

I would opt for Northy to do the towing. Can probably tow the whole Brisbane crew back with ease :lol:

• 1 month later...

Very very happy to see, looks like you used PLENTY of gasket blue :P God damn i want to see this thing done.

yeah lol... i haven't cleaned it off yet, probably used a bit much, but who cares when its free :)

Coke bottle re-purpose FTW.

And is that re-purposed frilly purple girls undies in the top right? If so, what purpose exactly?

lol... its actually a nighty, and its hanging off the top of the washing machine (the white box you can see)

mick

that photo above of an engine, that's not involved in doing the fascia light swap is it, cause if it is, i'm not so certain

ha -

nice work, I'm not sure i've ever seen this car on teh road

whitestivo

no its not lol... and yeah it looks pretty terrible lol.

Come on dude..... hurry up!!!

Get it going before mid next year!!!!

P.S. I seem to have mastered the art of being a contortionist. Adjusted my clutch a few more times.... :P

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The other half (i.e the head) is sitting in my lounge room, i started replacing the valve stem seals while watching tv last night but got sidetracked. Will continue tonight...

The other half (i.e the head) is sitting in my lounge room, i started replacing the valve stem seals while watching tv last night but got sidetracked. Will continue tonight...

How do you get side tracked doing valve stem seals? The only hard part is telling the difference between the stupid gray and the stupid green they use on the seals that looks identical (unless it's different on the 5s). Otherwise takes all of 5 minutes; unless you meant to say you were doing the valves and springs at the same time... :ph34r:

How do you get side tracked doing valve stem seals? The only hard part is telling the difference between the stupid gray and the stupid green they use on the seals that looks identical (unless it's different on the 5s). Otherwise takes all of 5 minutes; unless you meant to say you were doing the valves and springs at the same time... :ph34r:

its a gigantic f*ckarround on the 5S... you need to take each valve out to do it, which is a c*nt of a job with a bucket+shim setup.

and there is only one seal per valve?

its a gigantic f*ckarround on the 5S... you need to take each valve out to do it, which is a c*nt of a job with a bucket+shim setup.

2zz only has one seal per valve; and is no easier if you factor in the removal of the value and spring as a standard spring compressor doesn't work and because the springs are rock hard (to get an idea, put a rock between your palms and try and compress it) you can't use a hammer to give it a tap. I just assumed you had already stripped the valve train.

2zz only has one seal per valve; and is no easier if you factor in the removal of the value and spring as a standard spring compressor doesn't work and because the springs are rock hard (to get an idea, put a rock between your palms and try and compress it) you can't use a hammer to give it a tap. I just assumed you had already stripped the valve train.

Nah, I had only got as far as pulling the cams out...

putting the actual seals in is ***** easy.