Has anyone got a 12sec car..???

after recent issues that happened on this forum i was just intereseted to know firstly..

what you all think it would take from top to bottom to make the stivo a lets say sub 13sec car.. 14's been done now its time to move on.. ??? suggestions ideas.. let this topic be a brainstorming arena..

and secondly i wanted to find out if anyone has owned a sub 12sec car or potentially a sub 12sec car in their lifetime..

this is just a general observation and suggestions topic.. i dont want fights or any other ridiculous speculations to be thrown around.. just fun times and a few giggles if necessary.. :D

Greg

I have been in a 12sec car, never owned one.

When a car that quick accelerates, you feel all your insides being pushed back !

To take a Corolla into the sub 13 bracket, I think you'd need ...

- Mild Weight Reduction

- Light weight wheels ( No bigger than 16" )

- A well sorted suspension to reduce weight transfer to the rear and front end lift

- LSD

- ALOT of engine work !

Ask nino_leb. He has one :P ...

Hmm.. i dunno of any 12-13sec sportivo. But 13 is possible with forced induction. Either turbo/supercharger :P or nitrous oxide.

N/a.. umm.. i guess it's possible wif just i/h/e/ecu/weight reduction(including yourself)/high comp pistons/ valve/valve spring/clutch/flywheel.

I know of a celica doing low 14's with 130kw atw (i/e/ecu/dr). Not a corolla but pretty close.

Oh yeh.. and what he said. LSD!!!!! stupid 2zz without lsd sdkfljas :angry:

Edited by 51EKA

Don't forget the 102 RON fuel...

I think consistent mid 14's are obtainable with the setup many are running now ie CAI / unichip / exhaust / clutch / lightened flywheel / stiffer suspension and a few ricey bits for good measure :P , plus the LSD...

I think if we could get consistent take off, that is the key, and LSD is the most likely solution... though a S/C would also do it, with some worked internals too pistions / rings / valves and springs / port polish / inlet cam reconfigure, but they are more costly, and by then I'd think you'd be in the 13's consistently but sub 13, that would be tough... by this stage you are looking big bucks for not much gain...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

CAI

Headers

Exhaust

Apexi power FC (move redline to 8600)

Highflow head/port polish

HC Pistons/rings

Crankshaft

Titanium Vales/springs

Cams (when they get done)

Injectors

Fuel pump

LSD or if $$ no issue runx AWD

Oil pump (for lngetivity of donk)

Clutch (jim berry custom gets my vote)

Flywheel

Torque Dampener

Suspension setup

Light weight wheels

Semi/slicks

and all appropriate gaskets and urethane bushes etc

I think that should do it ;)

CAI

Headers

Exhaust

Apexi power FC (move redline to 8600)

Highflow head/port polish

HC Pistons/rings

Crankshaft

Titanium Vales/springs

Cams (when they get done)

Injectors

Fuel pump

LSD or if $$ no issue runx AWD

Oil pump (for lngetivity of donk)

Clutch (jim berry custom gets my vote)

Flywheel

Torque Dampener

Suspension setup

Light weight wheels

Semi/slicks

and all appropriate gaskets and urethane bushes etc

I think that should do it ;)

That may get you in the 13's... not 12's.

I've been in a couple of 12sec street driven cars, they are "stupid fast" on the street.

My POS corolla will do 13's without much trouble, when the new motor goes in 12's are possible if the diff holds up to the launch with semi slicks.

Will get Northy, Shao and MAP81 out to Willowbank to witness the run with the new motor when it's done (very strong 7agte in very light AE71)

hi,

my last car was a evo3 and a 12.5sec car and 13.5s was standard but to get it into a 12 sec car i had to make a few mods all up 200kw plus and 165kw at all for wheels.

mods included:

-high flow turbo

-motec m4 computer

-turbo back exhaust

-airfilter

-600cc injectors

-bigger fuel pump

-and at 18psi boost.

all that just to knock of 1sec in time and being a 4wd it jumps like a frog off the line.Sportivo will have alot of trouble getting of the line with that much power so traction will be a big factor.

all i can say is that N/A cars need alot money for mods even for it to run in the 13s, and for 12s i argee with 51eka force induction may be required,probaly turbo.

:)

Hey i guys if GT4 is anything to go buy a 2zz corolla with 280kw and weight reductions can only pull a 14.2 driving the gront wheels. Thats at Las Vegas.

But seriously the fastest ive ever seen a dront wheel drive car run was about 11seconds. And the was a Honda CRX pumping out about 400kw and running the power through off memory 12 inch wide fronts.

As for Neil Baits. His car "only puts out 186kw according to the age news paper. That would only be good for high 13 at best.

With todays technology i think a streetable corolla ff pulling sub 13sec passes is well... impossible.

Here is a pic i took of the CRX at the 2003 Nationals at Sydneys new track.

CRX.jpg

and here is my uncles bike that ran a 7.7 that weekend.

Uncles%20bike.jpg

I got a 12 sec car :) infact it's doing high 12 sec run after run and I am loving it.

Was tossing between brand new corolla sportibo, FTO, Supra RZ, GTR R32 and WRX. Even tho I been a corolla fans for nearly 10 years at the end I got coverted to the darkside :ph34r: end up bought the WRX 2001 B) .

To get the car doing 12 sec I had to do further more mods even that the car already got APS stage 1 kit doing 210KW, bu updarding turbo, intercooler, uppipe , silicon inlet pipe and ofcourse up the boost now the car got 160KW atw(stock 90kw atw).

My dream was to get my AE92 supercharger doing 5 sec 0-100 :D now got a 4 sec car I am very happy B

good replies guys & girls..

human interest piece is raising some good suggestions personally i believe that without the LSD are cars aren't going to make the mark.. also some good gains from a torque dampner are need.. anyone want to start making one.. or design one...

keep it up.. :D

As for Neil Baits.  His car "only puts out 186kw according to the age news paper.  That would only be good for high 13 at best.

Uncles%20bike.jpg

Yeah, the power from those rally cars doesn't appear to be much, but its the tremendous torque that does all the work ... I think I read that the Bate's Rolla is producing near-V8Supercar levels of torque, 500Nm+ ... don't shoot me if that figure has been quoted incorrectly, the point is the torque is massive in those things.

Perhaps that's where forced induction might help, tune it for bulk torque, then add AWD for grip maybe. You might also consider beefing the AWD up, too, not sure if the RunX AWD system was designed with our "dream car" in mind! :lol:

if i'm not wrong, there is a reason y the 2zz has no AWD option even in japan...?

My guess would be too peaky engine and little torque low down to split over all 4 wheels effectively. The reason why they can get away with it with the 1ZZ is that people don't use the car the same I guess. But hey the old 80's 4X4 rollas only put out about 30kW from a little 1.3 engine, but quite frankly went like sh!t, hence why a bought a Subaru L series instead at the time I was looking at those style cars... 1.8L and a whole lot of torque down low from the Boxer design engine...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

What i'd love to do sometime is simply place a corolla shell over something like a holden tourana (spelling?) or newish commodore and go to the snakepit (burnout place at drag place :lol:)

I would just love to see the look on all of the bogans faces as they watch a 'corolla' smoke it up just as well as any holden or ford.

Getting 12 seconds out of a corolla is easy... supercharge it with a 3.4lt supercharger, tell everyone your corolla levin is a sportivo and your all set. :lol:

Getting 12 seconds out of a corolla is easy... supercharge it with a 3.4lt supercharger, tell everyone your corolla levin is a sportivo and your all set.  :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This still cracks me up...

Definately something this site is going to talk about for a long long time.

if i'm not wrong, there is a reason y the 2zz has no AWD option even in japan...?

My guess would be too peaky engine and little torque low down to split over all 4 wheels effectively. The reason why they can get away with it with the 1ZZ is that people don't use the car the same I guess. But hey the old 80's 4X4 rollas only put out about 30kW from a little 1.3 engine, but quite frankly went like sh!t, hence why a bought a Subaru L series instead at the time I was looking at those style cars... 1.8L and a whole lot of torque down low from the Boxer design engine...

LOL, i dun think the 1nz-fe is THAT torquey, but they do offer it in the 4wd as well :S

I have a low 13 sec cressida and it does it with a monstrosity of tourque!!! the stivo is not a drag car dont wreck em as they are awsome lil cars as they sit. but i dont think there is more power to be had by the 2zz in NA as is Toyota done a great job yeah you'd need some type of forced induction and lower compression and an LSD to drop into 13's...

Getting 12 seconds out of a corolla is easy... supercharge it with a 3.4lt supercharger, tell everyone your corolla levin is a sportivo and your all set.  :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

This still cracks me up...

Definately something this site is going to talk about for a long long time.

Thanks guys, I have only just stopped pi55ing myself laughing from him...