has anyone done this?

hey guys im wondering if (in this cheap paint picture) that if anyone has either get the fog light holders re created in carbon fibre with the bit coloured in yellow cut out to let more air in for the cai?

or maybe someone has just cut the left foglight holder open a bit?

i know they have a little vent if you put your fingure up. but would cutting it provide more air for the cai?

( i havn't got one installed yet btw)

also if cutting that will water get into the cai and damage the engine when driving in the rain etc?

thanks heaps!

1238483428599arebreather.jpg

Edited by Brad-dreama

When i had my TRD pod filter I had the foglight removed so that I could fit the pod so there was a hole. I can tell u that I was heaps parinoid about water splashing into the hole onto the pod so i bought a new pod and its all fixed now. My opinion is that the raid could b a problem but then again i've been wrong many times

Don't go chopping up your car Brad. You're not going to get any appreciable gain from doing that, and an astute buyer will be annoyed by that when you go to sell your car.

Where's my badge? :P

Gav.

I have the meshy thing as the ACT car has above but i lost the hard case around the light about three months ago and in all the rain and floods we have had on the gold coast the last three weeks i have been ok but i have been worried.

Danthuyer (who I bought my car off) used to leave his fog light out to allow better flow to the CAI, but also had a cover for the hole for when it rained, which I am pretty sure was just a clip in peice.

i was tempted to do that with my car. although like others, im concerned about rain haha. i'd prob do it when it's summer time. would need it more then too :P

You mean like this? Rain has not caused me any issues using the K&N that is supplied with a CES CAI.

Re: The road is hot in summer? Are we taking our Corolla's a little too seriously again guys?

Edited by -JC-

You mean like this? Rain has not caused me any issues using the K&N that is supplied with a CES CAI.

Re: The road is hot in summer? Are we taking our Corolla's a little too seriously again guys?

hahaha true true.

that looks nice. what colour did you use to paint the actual plastic? matt black or a gloss black? and what clips did you use for the mesh?

• 3 weeks later...

We just slapped some cheap gloss black on it after a quick sand. I wasnt going to go to too much trouble with them as they had plenty of stone chips in them and I basically cbf going to the trouble of getting them perfect.

We just bent the mesh into shape and put a dab of glue around it, that one has been on the car for about 18 months and its still in perfect shape.

how did Danthuyer make clip on covers for when it rains??? i was thinking a rubber cutout that you can shove into the hole.

I am pretty sure he grabbed the covers that get used on the lower model Corollas that don't get the fog lights and modified them to make them easy removal and insertion.