1stKill's Aurion

1stKill

With your comparison photo,

i prefer the clean and subtle VIP look, it is alot more tidier and less track-spec, when i saw it last year, those wheels REALLY set it off nicely :yahoo:... but its up to you what you prefer :P

maybe change the buddyclubs to silver with a chrome dish, this will suit your car much better then entire black :D

Silver is a very difficult colour to choose coloured rims for... keep it up :D

Evo

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shannons finally approved my hail claim today,i found out that the repairs are costing close to $5500 and this is why they were dragging their feet on approval (so the bodyshop guy said).Anyway because there is so many other hail repairs atm mine won't get done until the week after Easter :( the main thing i suppose is he assured me it will be back to perfect and thats really all i'm worried about.

Good that it is sorted out .. ya the wait might not be ideal but at least the car will be back to its original state.. wow.. it sure cost alot to get things fixed in Australia.. :(

With your comparison photo,

i prefer the clean and subtle VIP look, it is alot more tidier and less track-spec, when i saw it last year, those wheels REALLY set it off nicely :yahoo:... but its up to you what you prefer :P

maybe change the buddyclubs to silver with a chrome dish, this will suit your car much better then entire black :D

Silver is a very difficult colour to choose coloured rims for... keep it up :D

Evo

G'day Evan...i will be rollin (subtle VIP look) for the next couple of weeks and then into the work Hilux for about a week and then back into my black footed baby with her other black mods asap. :D

and as for going silver Buddy Clubs with polished lip...it's a bit late now thats how they came new in the box,i held one upto the car when new and didn't like it,but they were always going to be all black anyway. :P

p.s i found most black rims are very hard to photograph,they look the buisness in the flesh with the right stance of course. ;)

Shannons finally approved my hail claim today,i found out that the repairs are costing close to $5500 and this is why they were dragging their feet on approval (so the bodyshop guy said).Anyway because there is so many other hail repairs atm mine won't get done until the week after Easter :( the main thing i suppose is he assured me it will be back to perfect and thats really all i'm worried about.

Good that it is sorted out .. ya the wait might not be ideal but at least the car will be back to its original state.. wow.. it sure cost alot to get things fixed in Australia.. :(

Thanks matey...yeah things do cost a lot,it seems everyones gotta get paid.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok while i'm on hols it's time to do something about my standard shocks,they suck :( ...i've decided to try out Pedders Comfort Gas VRD (Velocity Responsive Damping),having all four done thursday morning,with an alignment.

syov13.jpg

and 3zzfe thanks mate. :)

hey lee,

just a question regarding the attempted shock fitting on your car...

was it only the comfort shocks that wouldnt fit? or does it apply to all shock absorbers from pedders? ie the sports ryder?

i am looking at doing this instead of just the springs, but by reading your thread it looks like i may have to get the same set up with the coilovers?

G'day Davo...unfortunatly none of their (Pedders) shocks fit,coilovers are the only choice available.

you can always go KYB shocks and Pedders/Kings ect ect springs.IMO get the coilovers...you won't regret it.

G'day Davo...unfortunatly none of their (Pedders) shocks fit,coilovers are the only choice available.

you can always go KYB shocks and Pedders/Kings ect ect springs.IMO get the coilovers...you won't regret it.

yes, with the coilovers they would be the better option, just wondering though lee,

when you got the coils installed, did you ask for them to lower it to what you wanted, cause i have been thinking that coils are awesome, but they are quite hard to adjust yourself, unless you have the right tools.

How is the ride, compared to springs+shocks? bit harder, a bit firmer? good fun hey ;)

keep it up mate :D

Evo

yes, with the coilovers they would be the better option, just wondering though lee,

when you got the coils installed, did you ask for them to lower it to what you wanted, cause i have been thinking that coils are awesome, but they are quite hard to adjust yourself, unless you have the right tools.

How is the ride, compared to springs+shocks? bit harder, a bit firmer? good fun hey ;)

keep it up mate :D

Evo

Hey Evan...when you buy coilovers they should come with the two C-spanners for height adjusting,i suppose there is a little mucking around because the wheels have to come off and an alignment wouldn't go astray either after the adjustment if major,and as for the ride comfort it craps all over the Pedders spring & stock shock combo i had and even better when coupled with my 19" wheels,and the rebound/dampening settings are totally upto you.

my work ute is a holden rodeo :P 07 model! Wanna race ;)

Sounds like a plan...how about thru the hills & twisties with no weight in the back. :P

we also have a 99 Rodeo but she is a bit ruff compared to the mighty Lux.

yeah, it looks to be heading that way now.. as i dont want to sacrifice my ride comfort but i want the lowered stance...

looks like its gonna be an expensive month :P

if i can ask a favour from you lee... pm'ed

The all black rims look is really growing on me.. saw petes rims.. next shoe swap for sure all black. Chrome lip days have died. Oh and i drive a toyota hiace 2004 for work. I'll drag you's all if it wasnt signwritten.

fark, i never really paid that much attention to your mufflers dude! they look awsome!

do you get much drone with them? you liking the noise with them? seeing AFAIK you are an audio buff, do you find it disturbs your music clarity at all? thats the main reason i havent touched my exhaust yet... i like my music too much :P

fark, i never really paid that much attention to your mufflers dude! they look awsome!

do you get much drone with them? you liking the noise with them? seeing AFAIK you are an audio buff, do you find it disturbs your music clarity at all? thats the main reason i havent touched my exhaust yet... i like my music too much :P

No drone at all,just a sweet burble...they are a tri-flow muffler almost the same as stock and i've got nearly 2000watts of audio power so it would take a hole in the muffler before i heard it over my tunes also most of the car is fitted with Dynamat Extreme sound deadening so that helps. ;)

your cars lookin hot mate, should drop the back just a little more :toast: .

What is the offset and width on your rims, the 245s look good on them

G'day mate...19x9 wheels & +45 offset,and once i get the repairs taken care of it will be about an 1" lower at the rear and about 1/2" inch at the front,this should keep the ride nice and also give it a stance she can be proud of. ;)

damn you have a sick Aurion :) those wheels look great!

Thanks mate...and yeah she is a bit sick at the moment.

Hey guys...picked up my car from panel today :yahoo: very happy with the repairs and the paint work,they also painted my grille and boot emblem black. :)

also p/up my re-painted Buddy Clubs yesterday so it's all coming together nicely,i will prolly put my wheels back on this weekend.

Now that my grille is painted black it really shows that i need the black headlight mod and i think it needs foglights aswell and black number plates,it just dosn't look 100% right ATM,as the owner of the panelshop said,it's almost tuff but not quite there yet it looks like a work in progress and unfortunatley i agree with him.

Hey guys...picked up my car from panel today :yahoo: very happy with the repairs and the paint work,they also painted my grille and boot emblem black. :)

also p/up my re-painted Buddy Clubs yesterday so it's all coming together nicely,i will prolly put my wheels back on this weekend.

Now that my grille is painted black it really shows that i need the black headlight mod and i think it needs foglights aswell and black number plates,it just dosn't look 100% right ATM,as the owner of the panelshop said,it's almost tuff but not quite there yet it looks like a work in progress and unfortunatley i agree with him.

So your NOT finished on spending on her yet XD ;) :P

Congrats on getting the car back mate :D that would put a BIG SMILE on ya :lol:

Evo

So your NOT finished on spending on her yet XD ;) :P

Congrats on getting the car back mate :D that would put a BIG SMILE on ya :lol:

Evo

Nah mate not finished yet :whistling: still plenty/heaps/lots/sh!t loads to do...and you bet i've got big smiles ATM just look at my avitar. ;)

and Pete...maybe,i will know closer to the date. :)