1stKill's Aurion

1stKill

how much is it to get them painted?

$75.00 per wheel..total $300 inc GST :)

Nice...... Does that include sand blasting??

Can they strip and refit the tyres for you???

$300 = the lot,from woe to go,everything,no more to pay. :)

Give em a call Guni,i think the price is based on new in the box,i suppose if they have to do any repairs that would be extra.

Yeah tempted to!

Would be nice if they got bronze or copper or somewhere along those colours .....

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dropped my wheels off this morning & picked the color/finish i want...Color ur mags is a very small operation and specialize in small custom jobs...he tells me now a 7-8 day turn around,hopefully it's worth the wait. :)

Guni..they don't sandblast as this distorts/removes some of the factory stampings and rounds edges(this is what i was told),they use aircraft alloy stripper and then chemical baths and finish it off with fine wet & dry and scotch brite pads.

I also would like to know if anyone is using (past or present) Toyo Proxes T1R and what do you think of em? Info on these would be very much appreciated. :)

v2u61k.jpg

Cheers

Lee

Been reading a lot of tyre reviews and to be honest i'm still a little unsure,i read 4-5 good reviews about the Toyo Proxes T1R and then theres one or two bad reviews that gets me thinking again...from what i can gather reading all these reviews is Toyo T1R gets around a 7.6 out of 10 as opposed to the 8.6 out of 10 my current Yokohama V103 sports and the Toyo's are 1/2 the price and have the correct load & speed ratings.

A little pic i came across while searching....could be the deciding factor. :P

261ks3p.jpg

btw...they are a good looking tyre. :)

Awesome grippy tyres on the street :)
Thanks mate :) have you driven a car with these?
i love the aggro tread patten!
Yeah i agree,i love the pattern
I've heard good things about these tyres Lee. They are on par with RE-001's in terms of price/performance ;)

Thanks Alex...i was hoping more members had used or are using them,did a little forum search and the reviews are mixed.

I've heard good things about these tyres Lee. They are on par with RE-001's in terms of price/performance ;)

x2, heard that as well. Popular among several Honda forum owners.

Awesome grippy tyres on the street :)
Thanks mate :) have you driven a car with these?
i love the aggro tread patten!
Yeah i agree,i love the pattern

Thanks Alex...i was hoping more members had used or are using them,did a little forum search and the reviews are mixed.

Yes I am using them. I was tossing up between these and the RE001s.

I decided to go with the T1Rs because the REs have a lower treadwear rating which could lead to a faster wear rate.

As I said great tyre. Car feels very planted on wet roads as well. Dry grip is awesome. Much less wheelspin and understeer coming out of corners.

The only con I can think of is that the sidewall is on the soft side. Good for comfort and if you are thinking of getting that stretched look on the tyres ;)

Anyone who knows my car knows I'm running pretty stiff suspension (D2s lol) and my car does not more when you rock it side to side. However the sidewalls flex a bit when I do this.

Although I should be running a wider rim with these tyres <_<

BTW i did not choose these tyres because of its tread pattern.

Oh and I love your choice in rims :clap::toast:

Thanks Andy much appreciated :) ...info from members like your good self means more to me than most of the stuff i get from online reviews.It was mentioned that the side walls were a bit on the soft side but i think it sounds acceptable from what i've been reading and my boat wont be seeing the track any time soon so they maybe ok.

And the tread pattern & good look is just a bonus...saftey/grip/handling/comfort/noise/$$$ all rate above looks.

Been reading a lot of tyre reviews and to be honest i'm still a little unsure,i read 4-5 good reviews about the Toyo Proxes T1R and then theres one or two bad reviews that gets me thinking again...from what i can gather reading all these reviews is Toyo T1R gets around a 7.6 out of 10 as opposed to the 8.6 out of 10 my current Yokohama V103 sports and the Toyo's are 1/2 the price and have the correct load & speed ratings.

A little pic i came across while searching....could be the deciding factor. :P

261ks3p.jpg

btw...they are a good looking tyre. :)

Lee ............. which rubber were you looking at from the picture????

:whistling:

I'm running the same tire~ The T1R's are awesome in both dry and wet. It grips onto the road in the wet as if it were dry. I have to say it does wear out a tad quickly. But for the performance you get out of it, it's worth it. Not to mention the affordable price!

I've been told a few times that the RE001 is not so good in the wet - again, I have not tried these, just hear-say. But go with the T1R's, you won't be disappointed. :)

Go undersize with these tyres. They love a bit of stretch :P

I think i might have a little stretch,not sure...i'm going to use 245/35/19 on 19x9 and i'm running the same width tyre on my 20x8.5 atm,so 1/2" stretch is in the making or maybe my 8.5" rims are undersized like yours and going to 9" will be normal and 9.5" is stretched,now i'm confused. :)

I read somewhere that you can use a 245mm wide tyre on a 9.5" rim.

Go undersize with these tyres. They love a bit of stretch :P

I think i might have a little stretch,not sure...i'm going to use 245/35/19 on 19x9 and i'm running the same width tyre on my 20x8.5 atm,so 1/2" stretch is in the making or maybe my 8.5" rims are undersized like yours and going to 9" will be normal and 9.5" is stretched,now i'm confused. :)

I read somewhere that you can use a 245mm wide tyre on a 9.5" rim.

Why not? Im on 20" and 9.5 on rear with 255, or 245... Can't really remember.. But yeah, you got my point

Edited by VF-X

Thanks heaps guys for all your advise & comments...it did help. :)

Anyway i just got off the phone to my mate who owns a Yokohama tyre shop and asked him to order in for me 4 x 245/35/ZR19 Toyo Proxes T1-R and also ordered some black alloy Titan Racing wheel nuts. :)

Ok,got a phone call today about my new rims...Color ur Mags are not sure they can deliver the powdercoat finish i'm looking for,he sounded worried,so i'm not taking any chances. :(

So this afternoon i picked em up and dropped them off at Ace Alloy Wheels in McBeth st Braieside,these guys promised me the finish & color i want,but said they can't do what i want in powdercoat,so gotta get them painted instead,matte black with a semi matte clearcoat,what they call a 60/40 blend,they also showed me some awesome photos of some other black painted wheels they did a couple of months back :) very nice.Anyway the price has doubled from $75 a wheel to $150 per wheel and the warranty went from 1yr to 2yrs...should be ready in about 2 weeks.

Bugger. At least it's only got in your way as a detour and you still had other options to get you where you want in the end.

I envy your patience. I would not be able to wait that long for something like that.

Bugger. At least it's only got in your way as a detour and you still had other options to get you where you want in the end.

I envy your patience. I would not be able to wait that long for something like that.

G'day Daryl,yeah bugger alright...i'm glad they called me to voice their concerns instead of just doing a job thats sub par and would have to be redone.Anyway i feel much better about my new choice and the new wheel guys have basically promised me what i want, for a price.

I've found patience is a must when modifiying my Aurion,i don't think i've had a major mod done without some sort of hiccup...so waiting just seems normal now. :(