1stKill's Aurion

1stKill

Thanks heaps guys,much appreciated... :)

Rowan the height is really set for comfort & handling at the moment more so than looks,i think it's sitting a little higher allround than when i just had the springs...i suppose the good thing is if i wanna dump it i can. :D

yeh thats the beauty of them, height and stiffness controlled by you.....mmmmm B)

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice work Lee, perfect stance too... Looks a million bucks ;)

Thanks John :) and mate i'm not greedy i will accept 1/2 million for it.

A quick update,done a few hundred km's with my new coilovers and have been playing with different settings and i think finally i've found the setting for me,the ride quality is very much improved even with my 20",i would now personally recommend these to fellow modded Aurion owners as a very good upgrade to anyone looking for better ride quality/comfort and of course it's a great handling upgrade to. B)

100% satisfied,and also a big thanks goes out to Glen & Heath at Pedders Mitcham (Melb.east suburbs) these guys treat your car like it was there own. :toast:

Anyway onto my next mod.... :g:

Starting to ponder on changing my wheels,i'm thinking going down to 19" with a staggered fitment might look ok...the last few weeks i've been snooping around and these are some of the likley candidates for the new look.

2e1a97c.jpg

SSR Type F (Black) 19x8.5 19x9.5

t6yrgg.jpg

SSR Type F RS (Black) 19x8.5 19x9.5

256zabl.jpg

SSR Type C (Black) 19x8.5 19x9.5

245a421.jpg

Buddy Club P1

Any opinions or advise is welcomed. :)

Cheers Lee

Wow Lee she is looking amazing - loving the ride height as is but as has been mentioned now you have full control :D Now if only I could win tattslotto and do the same *sigh*

Lol seems none of us can help ourselves when it comes to getting some new wheels! Out of the above I'd have to go with the Type-F's too, very schmick :clap:

SSR Type C !!!!

:toast: :toast: :toast: :toast:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

+1 for that as well. I would love to have those wheels.

But that's more suited to our cars. Lee's is more of an elegant style and therefore the Type F would be more suitable.

Can't wait to see the beast again.. It's turning out very nice.

SSR wheels. You baller you.. Out of the 3, I'd definately pick SSR Type-F's.

Thanks Alex,we should catch up sometime for some pics. :)

Wow Lee she is looking amazing - loving the ride height as is but as has been mentioned now you have full control :D Now if only I could win tattslotto and do the same *sigh*

Lol seems none of us can help ourselves when it comes to getting some new wheels! Out of the above I'd have to go with the Type-F's too, very schmick :clap:

Thanks Tash...Yep we can't help ourselves,even Daryl lashed out,i've been thinking of new wheels for a couple of months now,so i'm gunna try and do something before the annual meet in Sydney.

At the moment i'm leaning slightly towards the Type F but i do like the all black Buddy Clubs,trying for a complete new look,out with the (isn't that a pretty car) to (sh!t what the hell is that,looks kinda mean for an Aurion) ;)

and Daryl i think i will be getting rid of most of the chrome on the car and going carbon fibre & black painted/powdercoated where i can,so the wheels will be the 1st step,i've got this picture in my head of how it should look so i'm going to give it a shot.

Thanks for the input guys & gal... :) Type F looks like it might be the go.

Good ole Spillage (miss ya mate) put this together in a photoshop thred a few months back,not exactly what i'm after but the color concept,except for calipers is pretty close to what i want.

1z6yrsk.jpg

These look cool,carbon fibre :wub: ...plenty of $$$$ i'm guessing.

xdcwvm.jpg

s5h79z.png

Nice collection... B)

Anyway still hunting for my new wheels,SSR wheels are proving hard to source (ideas anyone?),Buddy Clubs however are more readily available and a lot bloody cheaper.

Also a quick question...would 19x9 with +42 offset be ok as opposed to +45? I found a thred Xoom posted that calculates this,but for the life of me i can't seem to find it again. :(

Cheers

Lee

SSR wheels are proving hard to source (ideas anyone?)

Lee, SSR wheels can be ordered from www.jdmconcept.com.au

Alternatively, rotaaustralia just launched their website - www.rotaaustralia.com.au

Hope this helps :)

Thanks Daryl :)

Alex thanks mate,i found jdmconcepts & C-Red in W.A...thanks for the rota site didn't find that one,it seems not to many local suppliers of SSR wheels in OZ.

Alright 2010 is starting off with a bang,coilovers and now my next mod :yahoo: ....thanks heaps to my darling missus Jo. :wub:

I've made my decision & and got the approval from the boss,and i notified Ash (Secaboy) via PM as to my intentions :P 12 hrs prior to this post....(no reply yet,hope he's not to pi$$ed) so alls in order i hope ;) .

Anyway as some will have already gathered i'm about to purchase some new shoes,Buddy Club P1 Racing II 19x9 and when they arrive send them off to Color Ur Mags here in Vic to add that personal touch :rolleyes: (all black,just not sure on the coating/finish yet) I prolly would have bought the P1 SF in black but the the largest rim was 18" and i want 19"so limited,and SSR rims seem very exy & hard to track down locally or even interstate which i really prefer when i buy,so Buddy Clubs bought locally seem like the better option for me.(+ this was one of my main selling points in my presentation/wheel changing justifications to my missus,and i think it got me over the line. :P )

Can anyone help with the following,advise & suggestions welcomed... :g:

What size tyres to choose,245/35/19 or 245/40/19? and a decent tyre in the $300ea range?

Should i go a colored/anodized wheelnut & valve combo? if so what color do you think?

Replace the Buddy Club decals on the rims after paint or go stealth? and are the decals put on last or are they under a protective coating,say under final coat?

Anyway thats about it at the moment,i'm so excited as this will be the start of a whole new look for my baby. :D

Cheers Lee

Great stuff Lee :toast:

Glad to see you got approval from the Ministry of Finance and Home Affairs.

:P :P :P :P :P :P

Let me know where you powder coat your wheels as I want to do the same to my 16's.

Won't mind if you can ask a price too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What size tyres to choose,245/35/19 or 245/40/19? and a decent tyre in the $300ea range?

The TRD Aurions have a standard fittment of 245/35/19. Ash has recently sourced some Pirelli Nero tyres from St George tyres in Sydney for $273 each and had them sent to QLD.

hey mate,

i was sure i replied to your PM yesterday.... i had a big weekend though, so i could have imagined it... :lol:

either way, i'm not ****** at all... they're a great rim and as you can see on my car, they look sweet!!

im just glad someone else likes them enough to copy me! :D

i was going to get them powder coated in white before putting them on, but i couldnt be stuffed... lol

i love the 'white on black' look... i had it on my rex and i think it looked sweet!

http://www.forghani.net/rex/img_5503_std.jpg

go for the 245/35R19 tyre... stock TRD tyre size and you shouldnt have any issue with scrubbing...

granted, mine isnt lowered, but i dont think you should have any issues unless you slam it on its nuts and are tucking rim...

tyre choice is very hard man... everyone has their favs and their hated ones...

me personally, ive never used a better tyre than the Pirelli PZero Nero's that i have on there now...

on my trd when i was running the standard tyres, i found that no matter what i did i couldnt get off the line without spinning up the tyres BIG TIME... but with these pirellis they just have an amazing level of grip...

off the line, it spins a little on the spot and then just launches you like a rocket ship! :lol:

ive heard/read that they are used as the factory tyre on some porsches and other euro cars...

not sure if you've seen my post or not, but i bought them from a place in sydney called St George Tyres...

dealing with them was great... havent had a smoother purchase to be honest...

they cost me $273ea plus $65 postage to brisbane...

good luck with it mate... great choice! :)