1stKill's Aurion

1stKill

Ok all fitted and works a treat,well almost...have only been for about 10km drive with the new coilovers and the difference is massive handles really really well,no more scrubbing in the front,it's almost point & shoot and only comprimised my front ride height by 5mm,still sits nice IMO,the rear is a different story,there is a slight rub on pot holes and uphill acceleration,they tell me this is due to the camber,so tommorow morning they are raising the rear by 5mm more and if need be upto 1/2 degree of camber to be added,last resort will be rolling the guards.Anyway will keep you guys updated on how it all goes.

I'm a 90% happy camper at the moment.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great stuff Lee. Good to hear you are really satisfied. Hearing things like this really make me want to do something like that to my car. I must resist the urge.

Great stuff Lee. Good to hear you are really satisfied. Hearing things like this really make me want to do something like that to my car. I must resist the urge.

Thanks Daryl,a little tweeking tomorrow with the settings and ride height and all should be good...if the small backstreet drive i did in peak hour on the way home was fun i can't wait to hit the hills and the twisty's.

Hey Daryl this mod sounds right up your alley,you would be a very hard man to catch on those mountain runs with the upgrade in handling these provide,this is really something you should consider. ;)

cant wait to see it!! :P

just a questions about your pedders springs thou, how did you find them with stnd shocks? lot stiffer? good or bad? im getting pedders springs in my aurion but im only running rhe 16" alloys..

congrats on the awsome car dude, your audio has set the benchmark in aurions!

Thanks Davo...i answered your question about the springs in your Aurion thred,hope it helps. :)

Rowan...after a few little tweaks today and it's sitting the way i want and it's clean i will take a few pics and post em up. ;)

Did some minor changes this morning...went 5mm higher on the rear and didn't need to adjust the camber at all. :yahoo:

Have the fronts set on 5 & rears on 8 and lowered my all around tyre pressure from 40.5psi down to 39.5psi...this is my 1st setting and to feel a difference after an adjustment is pretty cool,i'm sure this wont be the best set up because it's really only the 1st,so we will see how we go.Still smiling... :D

2r47wq9.jpg

13yebn7.jpg

close ups of the fronts.

2qdwnyo.jpg

the rear adjusters are tucked up beside my amp board for easy access,will mount them permantly when i redo the boot.

357hjeg.jpg

and finally a full frontal.

Looking great there Lee. I'm sure she would handle like she's on rails now.

I like too how the rear adjusters can be mounted externally from the strut top.

Thanks guys for the kind words...and yeah the rear adjuster extensions are very practical,and you can get one twice the length of the one i got.

And Micheal it's so dirty at the moment i can't bear to show you guys the state it's in,we live in a no thru road that is only open to local traffic at the moment because they are building the new tunnel under springvale rd railway crossing in Nunawading and its a mud & dust pit ,took me 10mins to get out of my street this morning because there was a barricade blocking my exit to springvale rd and was only moved by a sign carrying roadworker when i asked him can i get out or what....pffff,so pics of her stance later. ;)

lol bummer on the road works dude my car is also filthy seems everytime I wash and clean it then down comes the rain again ? now I like the rain as much as the next guy but Is also love the car to stay clean for more than maybe 2 days lol

any way look forward to the pics when shes clean

post-12545-1243735313_thumb.jpg post-12545-1243735385_thumb.jpg post-12545-1243735424_thumb.jpg post-12545-1243735468_thumb.jpg post-12545-1243735621_thumb.jpg

A few more pics of my girl,sorry about the picture size,it's one of the things i have to learn to do. :)

p.s shots taken with my new camera.

That is f****ing sexy. I love the wheels, the dark tints blow my mind and those Slimeline's give it that extra umph.

edit: should ask, what % are the tints?

Edited by unique

No offence to anyone else, but this is by far the nicest and best kept ATX that i've ever seen. Good work mate, u truely know a stylish car

That's a statement I would agree to. This car and BONDIE's ex-Aurion are high up in the standards.

Thanks heaps guys,much appreciated... :)

Rowan the height is really set for comfort & handling at the moment more so than looks,i think it's sitting a little higher allround than when i just had the springs...i suppose the good thing is if i wanna dump it i can. :D