1stKill

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys for the nice words... :D

Vick you crazy mofo :P i think any lower and i would be inviting the evil scrub monster,but i like your way of thinking,i always tell Reece he can go loooower.

and Buff the tyres are at 40psi allround,but you made me go outside and check them anyway (in the rain),you had me staring at my own photo and wondering. :lol:

anyway it looks like Melbournes weather is not going to let me clean her so i can take some pics of her all shiny and sitting pretty so better shots will have to wait. :(

Cheers

Lee

yet another pedders coilover bites the dust... :P

edit: _____________________ <_< us paupers......

Anyway nice work Lee with mm's down...Have you got that pinstripe suit yet?

and what Duy said :D lower lower

yet another pedders coilover bites the dust... :P

edit: _____________________ <_< us paupers......

Anyway nice work Lee with mm's down...Have you got that pinstripe suit yet?

and what Duy said :D lower lower

Cheers John...i've got the suit just need the violin case and the tommy gun. :lol:

took her for a good blast through the hills today in some very average weather and on some undulating twisty roads,she performed and handled very well.After todays run i'm guessing i cant go too much lower maybe another 5mm at the most allround without any scrubbing/rubbing.

so for ATX owners with 19" rims and running 245/35/19 rubber the magical number for driving low with no scrubbing/rubbing seems to be 610mm or maybe even (605mm...not tested,yet!)

Cheers

Lee

Thanks Duy & Pete :D

Remove the mudlaps or leave em?

i keep thinking about what John (Juvenile) said about my mudflaps,especially on the rear,sometimes they look so retarded when i catch sight of them on different angles.

down side is they do serve a purpose,stops them damn stones and other nasties chipping away at my ride.

Cheers

Lee

Looking good mate.

I've colour coded my mud guards. It isn't worth it, buy new ones the same colour as the car because once they get even the smallest scratch they are rooted.

edit: deleted.oops wrong pic, 3rd one down it should've been, rear close up....

Yep Lee as you know I'm anti mud guard and anti centre cap but thats a whole other topic :ph34r: depending on style ofcourse.

The day I got my car I drove it home and then had 30min to get to work,and again me being me just couldn't look at them so took em off and got to work late,my boss never heard that excuse for being late before... Enough about me though :D

I love the above pic but yeah I see your guards as being tiny for your wheel size,painted would look even smaller, totally understand about the stone chips but the rear doesn't really cop that much, plus don't you want to show your sexy rubber? leave the front cos they look OK, moulded nicely but overall that look and stance you have deserves de-flapping.. Is that even a word? my two cents :)

Thanks for the replys gents,much appreciated. :D

i don't think i want to color code the flaps,thats not for me and as Taco said it's almost a waste of time,one little scratch/scuff would stick out like dogs balls and then have to be redone.

John you hit the nail on the head,thats the look i hate,i'm fairly sure this is the main reason i'm not liking it ATM and to be honest it has all stemmed from looking at the rears,the fronts don't bother me as much...but i can't just remove the rears can i? wont this look out of whack?

Decisions decisions...ok trial removal saturday before the All You Can Eat Meet :P and then you guys can give me some feedback. :D

Cheers

Lee

Nice looking car man.

I'm another on the colour-coded mudflap team, but I can see how it would be a pain.

Good to see a car that doesn't have chrome wheels like most seem to these days. Good choice. cool.gif

Edited by caminorey

just something to keep in mind lee, since i have had the sportivo kit fitted, and the mudguards obviously had to be removed, i have found that the wheels chuck a LOT of road grime up onto the side of the car... with the 245/35r19

ive had to bump up my wash regime to at least 2 times a week due to the crap i get plastered on the side..

but you know my stance on the mudguard issue, as ive said before... colour code them.. :P

Thanks caminory...checkout my old wheels on some of the early pages of my thred,been there done that with the chromies. ;)

but i must say the Aurion is one car that does look very classy and elegant with the correct mixture of chrome/silver/black in 20" or 19" and stance of course,can't say the same for a few of the other later models getting around.

Davo,you have just reinforced my thoughts on the downside once removed,i too will have to step it up in the cleaning regime,my current once a week detail is prolly not going to cut it once i do remove em.

and again thanks to all that chipped in with their preference,colorcoded won hands down,but i've always gone against the grain,so time to suck it and see. :)

From what I recall mate, in Victoria you can cop a canary for no mud flaps as its a roadworthy issue and also a safety issue for other cars.

Just colour code them why don't ya. If you really want to know what a silver Aurion looks like with colour coded mud flaps, go on car sales and look at cars like the silver prodigy(which look no different from your atx) and see how you like them.

Mine are colour coded and they aren't/don't get scratched. Not sure where you get that from. They are still in good condition :)

4r2v52.jpg

me likey this pic

Thanks Duy & Pete :D

Remove the mudlaps or leave em?

down side is they do serve a purpose,stops them damn stones and other nasties chipping away at my ride.

Cheers

Lee

Leave them so John doesnt get rock chips while chasing you through the countryside. :P

From what I recall mate, in Victoria you can cop a canary for no mud flaps as its a roadworthy issue and also a safety issue for other cars.

Just colour code them why don't ya. If you really want to know what a silver Aurion looks like with colour coded mud flaps, go on car sales and look at cars like the silver prodigy(which look no different from your atx) and see how you like them.

Mine are colour coded and they aren't/don't get scratched. Not sure where you get that from. They are still in good condition :)

from what you recall...is this fact or something you have heard?

just color code them why don't ya....short answer NO.

and i got the info about painted mudflaps getting scuffed up by other respected members from this forum and past experiences with painting plastics...i guess yours don't get scratched or scuffed up with your ride sitting at monster truck height. :P

Cheers Johnnie...i'm doing a test removal before our meet on saturday,maybe you guys can give me your opinions on it then. :D

and Johns never close enough to my rear to get chipped,now BKS on the other hand might have some issues. :lol:

I think colour code the front and remove the rear mudflap. The front kinda blends into the skirt when its colour matched.

However in saying so, I left my rears on and colour coded them. It gives the rear end a lower, fatter look.

yeah i can confirm the scrape'age factor with mudguards and lowered heights.. but i used a thick 3m clear protective tape where it normally scraped, didnt stop the scraping, but did stop the paint from come off as easy...

the more i look at your car thou lee, the more i think that removing the guards will look pretty good.. but needs some nice rotors and a bigger caliper.. *ahem* :P

oh and, fyi.. im gunna be testing out a new height for aurions.. going for the magical 600! will report back with scrape'age factor after i get it done :P wish me luck!

Thanks Andy,and yeah i agree they do make the azz of a Rolla look phat but my Aurion with my styling is a little different,it makes it look a bit whack IMO.

Davo Davo Davo...600mm aye :yahoo: ,i am very interested in this height but i have some doubts,take her for an extreme test drive to make sure there is no scrubbing or rubbing of any sorts,at 610mm there is not a hint even on the dreaded dippy roads which were my nemisis when i had my 20's fitted.

Good luck mate i really hope 600mm is the new bench mark...it's also purrty cool that we are testing these new heights atm,should help out someone in the future when trying to find that perfect mixture of lowness/stance and ride quality.

Cheers

Lee

edit...605mm was going to be my next test but i will wait and see how 600mm works for you.