GUYS.....is swapping from a ZR6 to Lancer Ralliart a good move?

Evo ftw...

Lancer why...???

Anyway you are moving from a comfy cruiser with oomph to a highly tuned ecobox/ weekend track weapon... (dnt know if the lancer is a wannabe evo or a genuine weapon...)

Uhh the Lancer Ralliart is the little brother of the EVO X, AWD 2ltr turbo engine. In a straight line it will beat a ZR6 until the V6's monster torque takes over, and around the track it will rip the Zr6 a new one.

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/3417/2009...liart-revealed/

To be honest if that was out when I was looking for my car I would have bought it. I test drove the normal lancer VRX and was impressed by its abilities as well as the features it had (came with the Fosgate sound system, 9 speakers + sub). But the smoothness and the power of the aurion sold me.

Edited by marc2020

The lancer is a very capable car but is an entirly different thing to a ZR6 in my opinion. If you want an out and out performance car get an Evo, if you want some performance with a bit of refinement get a WRX. If you want more luxury smoothness (and a bigger car) that still has heaps of power stay with the ZR6 or get a TRD :P

They are both good cars. I don't think those that are dissing the Ralliart really know what they are talking about or even know what the Ralliart is. I know this is a Toyota forum, but it doesn't mean that pointless chants of 'ZR6's rule' have to be sung when somone considers something other than a Toyota.

Just my opinion, maybe I'm old......

Yeah, I don't think many of these guys know what the Ralliart actually is. It's not like a VR-X or MR anymore.

I think the LRA is a nice car myself, I would just be worried about the brand after their recent problems.

Get the Subaru WRX! It's still a Toyota after all. :P

Gav.

I don't think those that are dissing the Ralliart really know what they are talking about or even know what the Ralliart is. I know this is a Toyota forum, but it doesn't mean that pointless chants of 'ZR6's rule' have to be sung when somone considers something other than a Toyota.

The thing that's happening here is that he is asking whether it is a good move. Now apart from the fact that this is a Toyota forum and you will obviously have bias towards the Toyota, he is comparing two completely different cars with different target markets.

You need to realise that those here that are on the forum (who obviously have a Toyota) have chosen their cars for a reason. If it was such a 'good move' to get the Lancer, they they would have already done so. It's like me going onto a Mac forum asking if it is a good move to change to a PC.

If he was wanting a proper discussion without any bias, he should have asked the question on a general automotive board.

Loved the gsr's and still do but the ZR6 costs way less to run in the future as toyota doesn't have many problems as mitsubishi does but I don't think I'll swap it for one not unless i'm rich and don't care about paying for maintenance cost.

i'm thinking the ralliart lancer will not suffer the same resale problems the aurion will (and has) in the future as no fleet is going to buy a ralliart lancer

i'd get the lancer, if they were my only two options. otherwise, i'm with the wrx, and can't wait for them to come out second hand... hey gav!

whitestivo

i'd get the lancer, if they were my only two options. otherwise, i'm with the wrx, and can't wait for them to come out second hand... hey gav!

whitestivo

I saw a WRX the other day in their signature metallic blue, and it looked awesome. I'd still want to p!ss those ricey taillights off though...

Gav.

I don't think those that are dissing the Ralliart really know what they are talking about or even know what the Ralliart is. I know this is a Toyota forum, but it doesn't mean that pointless chants of 'ZR6's rule' have to be sung when somone considers something other than a Toyota.

The thing that's happening here is that he is asking whether it is a good move. Now apart from the fact that this is a Toyota forum and you will obviously have bias towards the Toyota, he is comparing two completely different cars with different target markets.

You need to realise that those here that are on the forum (who obviously have a Toyota) have chosen their cars for a reason. If it was such a 'good move' to get the Lancer, they they would have already done so. It's like me going onto a Mac forum asking if it is a good move to change to a PC.

If he was wanting a proper discussion without any bias, he should have asked the question on a general automotive board.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone and I wasn't aiming my post at you (or anyone else in particular). What I was saying is that whilst a level of bias is to be expected it doesn't mean that you (not you personally)have to be closed minded enough not to offer an opinion with positives and negatives.

It appears from the other posts in this thread that this is not the case as the WRX and Ralliart have had some positive comments. As mentioned in my first post and as you highlighted they are cars of a very different class. However, people choose cars for all manner of reasons and many Aurion owner may have wanted a Ralliart but needed a larger car that the Aurion offers.

However, people choose cars for all manner of reasons and many Aurion owner may have wanted a Ralliart but needed a larger car that the Aurion offers.

I was one of these people 2 months ago. I was in the market for a Ralliart (The two Evo's are too $$$) but did not get one for several reasons eg. boot space, price, dealer was a d!ck. So I ended up with a TRD because it was a good price had the things I needed and wanted, but is also missing some things the Ralliart was offering.

So in the end, take the Ralliart for a test drive and make your OWN decision. Getting onto a Toyota forum and asking this question you will get a bias opinion. Go onto a Mitsubishi forum and you will get more bias opinions. Make a list of what YOU need in a car and what you want in a car, and then start making your comparisons.

Good luck.

If you get the Ralliart, make sure you get wider tyres and better seats. Sadly, the AUDM model doesn't have the option to upgrade to Recaro seats unlike the American market. It will have to be an aftermarket job. Also, the performance jump won't be much from ZR6 to Ralliart, in fact the Aurion with its V6 might get the upper hand once the revs get higher. As long as the road surface is dry, the Aurion will probably be faster.

Go the Evo or just save your money and upgrade the Aurion. I can tell you this because I test drove the Ralliart and it was worse than my TRD. I had to buy an Evo to experience any kind of significant performance increase. And even then I had to sacrifice ride quality and road noise for it.

Edited by Supercharged TRD