Rockford Fosgate

1stKill

<Drools> OMG I wish I had that much power to toy with on my sub.

thanks bud i'm still smiling from the drive home... :D

the difference between my old Clarion and this is night & day,now my sub is getting the power it deserves. B)

p.s hey Daryl one thing i noticed when turned up really loud on the way home was a parcel shelf vibration,hmmm welcome to your world.

Arghhh this bloody vibration/rattle in the parcelshelf is driving me nutz...going back to my installers workshop today to see what can be done. :(

p.s Daryl i did that dancing water bottle thing,it was jumping at the rear glass so much it put a tiny mark on my tint,the freakin bottle went crazy,maybe 750ml or 1ltr bottle for me... :lol:

well just got back from my installers workshop,problem found...it's the front facia plate on the new T1500-1bd amp it's vibrating really bad :( ,nothing they can do other than replace under warranty with a new amp next week..at least i know where it's coming from now...for once the rattle was not the car itself. :)

Yeah the amps have some kick...Thanks. :)

I've got the sub facing thru the boot access hatch...

2eej0pv.jpg

sorry the pic is not straight,i'm on a lean it's not the sub...

That's a good solution other than bandpass box for sedan.

We won't like to hear trapped bass on the boot. Good job.

Thanks Dan... :)

Pardon my ignorance,but what do you mean by a bandpass box?

Thanks Rolla Boy... :)

The amps are not directly bolted to the sub enclosure,they are mounted to a rubber insulated board at the rear of the sub box...it's 3 pieces-sub box & amp panel & cosmetic panel.

that is nice.... whats the power output on that badboy?

Thanks Mick... :)

The Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd is a badboy...

750w RMS (actual tested power) @ 4 Ohm

1250w RMS (as above) @ 2 Ohm

1820w RMS (as above) @ 1 Ohm

The Rockford's came with verified power & engineering test fact sheets,tested by a guy called Dwain Soultaire at Rockford (11/8/08),whoever he is...they also call these sheets the amps Birth certificates... :lol:

Final line on the T1500-1bd certificate says your total RMS POWER is 1824watts and stamped... B)

that is nice.... whats the power output on that badboy?

Thanks Mick... :)

The Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd is a badboy...

750w RMS (actual tested power) @ 4 Ohm

1250w RMS (as above) @ 2 Ohm

1820w RMS (as above) @ 1 Ohm

The Rockford's came with verified power & engineering test fact sheets,tested by a guy called Dwain Soultaire at Rockford (11/8/08),whoever he is...they also call these sheets the amps Birth certificates... :lol:

Final line on the T1500-1bd certificate says your total RMS POWER is 1824watts and stamped... B)

thats **** intense...

makes my XA1000 look like a kids toy.

(480w RMS @ 2ohm, 320w RMS @ 4ohm)

Bandpass box have two holes (well the ones that I know anyway) on top of the box, which sits directly below the holes on the parcel shelf. This way the sound of the bass can enter the cabin instead of being trapped in the boot.

Yeah the amps have some kick...Thanks. :)

I've got the sub facing thru the boot access hatch...

2eej0pv.jpg

sorry the pic is not straight,i'm on a lean it's not the sub...

I hate to sit there in the middle. Nice hob man. looks so flush and neat :toast:

Bandpass box have two holes (well the ones that I know anyway) on top of the box, which sits directly below the holes on the parcel shelf. This way the sound of the bass can enter the cabin instead of being trapped in the boot.

Thanks for explaining that Dan,now i understand... :)

And thanks also And1,i think you would start pizzing blood after a while sitting in the middle (kidney pounding)...sitting to the side of it is like a massage chair on roids,sitting in the middle would be just plain uncomfortable. :lol:

And thanks also And1,i think you would start pizzing blood after a while sitting in the middle (kidney pounding)...sitting to the side of it is like a massage chair on roids,sitting in the middle would be just plain uncomfortable. :lol:

Lee, the setup is so neat, i LOVE it.. Simple on the look, PURE EVIL on the sound.. Would love to have the chance to sit in your car someday.. NICE WORK.. :)

Actually Lee, what you have there is very close to a bandpass enclosure, just not sealed and tuned appropriately. Maybe this can give you some ideas.

My sister used to have a bandpass enclosure in her car because she had a small car and wanted to retain some room. Their main purpose is efficiency. When built correctly, they can give higher SPL than a sealed enclosure, but way smaller than a ported enclosure of equivalent SPL.

The best way to picture it is by diagram:

bandpass.gif

I hate to sit there in the middle.

I'd absolutely love to sit in the middle. I'd make sure to leave the ski hatch down as well.

Thanks Ingres...your welcome in my car anytime,if ya ever in Melbourne... :)

Daryl,thanks for the brief thought of going loud again,but i'm trying to go SQ not SP so only looking for about 110db-120db of crystal clear sound,my last creation (Pug 306 hatch) was 148db tested and that was boardering on ridiculous (toooo bass heavy)...

and you can have the ski hatch seat mate,nobody else wants it,my mate said he would rather walk or take his car the other night when we were car pooling to the pub,i was in a such Chemical Bros blasting mood... :lol: