Kluger tips

ss--ss

Couple of things I noticed with the Kluger that I couldn't find in the logbooks.

- When you remove the key the power windows no longer work, Most other cars I've had give you something like 30 seconds once key is removed & you open the door to close windows..

- Also if you're listening to the stereo & a door is opened there is a continous bing.. Sometimes I like to sit in the car with the door open listening to the footy or music..

Are there any trick to doing any of these ?

You just have to get into the habit of putting your windows up before opening your door after turning the car off. If it's just your window that needs to be put up, you can put it to auto up then open your door and the window will continue to go up. Once it hits the top though, the power is cut. It only gets annoying if you get into the habit of turning the car off, then putting the windows up, then opening you door. When you get a passenger and they open their door, you have to flick the ignition back to ON.

Another tip (for keyless entry): If you want to keep the radio or other accessories on when switching off the engine, leave the car in gear while pressing the Start/Stop button. Before I discovered this by accident, I had to switch the accessories on again after turning off the engine. Not sure if it is documented.

Couple of things I noticed with the Kluger that I couldn't find in the logbooks.

- When you remove the key the power windows no longer work, Most other cars I've had give you something like 30 seconds once key is removed & you open the door to close windows..

You have 30 seconds to open/close the windows unless you open a door. Once a door is opened the power windows will not work. It is detailed in the manual under either the section on the operation of the power windows or the ignition.

- Also if you're listening to the stereo & a door is opened there is a continous bing.. Sometimes I like to sit in the car with the door open listening to the footy or music..

Are there any trick to doing any of these ?

That's Toyota's friendly/annoying way of reminding you that you've left your keys in the ignition :) Unfortunately turning it off doesn't seem to be one of the customiseable electronic features (See http://mojavetrail.webng.com/CustomParameters.pdf).

If you want to avoid the "binging" when the door is open, you need to turn the key to the "ON" position.

I thought it was bad to leave it in the ON position for extended periods of time, due to additional battery drain and possible overheating of startup components? Maybe (I'm showing my age here) that only applies to ignition coils and distributors which are no longer relevant?

Ken.

If you want to avoid the "binging" when the door is open, you need to turn the key to the "ON" position.

I thought it was bad to leave it in the ON position for extended periods of time, due to additional battery drain and possible overheating of startup components? Maybe (I'm showing my age here) that only applies to ignition coils and distributors which are no longer relevant?

Ken.

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased the Kluger CVX. While installing various bits of electronic stuff like hands free mobile phone kit, I have the ignition on Acc. and listen to the radio or CD player with no door open or keys in the ignition reminders....

***** with all cars I have owned over the last 25 years they have all been the same as, you must have the ignition on for the radio to work. Unless you changed it to a live supply directly from the batterie like I used to do.

Cheers

Willem

I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased the Kluger CVX. While installing various bits of electronic stuff like hands free mobile phone kit, I have the ignition on Acc. and listen to the radio or CD player with no door open or keys in the ignition reminders....

***** with all cars I have owned over the last 25 years they have all been the same as, you must have the ignition on for the radio to work. Unless you changed it to a live supply directly from the batterie like I used to do.

Of course you need the key in the ignition to activate the ACC power. If you read the first post, he was stating that the Kluger will give a chime if you do so WHILE the door/s are open.

You mentioned that you don't get it when the door/s are closed which is besides what the statement originally said.

Of course you need the key in the ignition to activate the ACC power. [b]If you read the first post, he was stating that the Kluger will give a chime if you do so WHILE the door/s are open.

You mentioned that you don't get it when the door/s are closed which is besides what the statement originally said.

Maybe I should put my sentence an otherway where it might be easyer to understand,

I said " I have the ignition on Acc. and listen to the radio or CD player with no door open or keys in the ignition reminders...." as I did not say that I had the door/s closed. What I should have said is: When I have my doors open and the key in the ignition with the Acc on listening to radio/CD. I do not get any reminders saying that my doors are open.

Maybe I should put my sentence an otherway where it might be easyer to understand,

I said " I have the ignition on Acc. and listen to the radio or CD player with no door open or keys in the ignition reminders...." as I did not say that I had the door/s closed. What I should have said is: When I have my doors open and the key in the ignition with the Acc on listening to radio/CD. I do not get any reminders saying that my doors are open.

Sorry. That was my bad. I re-read your post and realised the mistake I made. I guess my mind wasn't at its clearest on a Sunday night.

That said, you mentioned you have a CVX. If I'm correct, that would be a Gen 1 Kluger. Maybe that explains why you don't have the chime whereas the OP (and the others that responded with related comments) have a Gen 2 Kluger.

Sorry. That was my bad. I re-read your post and realised the mistake I made. I guess my mind wasn't at its clearest on a Sunday night.

That said, you mentioned you have a CVX. If I'm correct, that would be a Gen 1 Kluger. Maybe that explains why you don't have the chime whereas the OP (and the others that responded with related comments) have a Gen 2 Kluger.

No probs. I asked a question in an other post on how can you tell if it's a Gen 1 or 2? I have the 2004 CVX wagon model...

Looking at your profile you only live about an hours drive south from me...

Cheers

Willem