Evo's 1zz

Evo7

What's that little dildo sitting on the CAI just before the TB?

Gav.

That's for the DBW cars. Looks like it's just an off-the-shelf CES CAI for the 1zz. Is that a painted steel MAF flange?

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What's that little dildo sitting on the CAI just before the TB?

Gav.

That's for the DBW cars. Looks like it's just an off-the-shelf CES CAI for the 1zz. Is that a painted steel MAF flange?

Actually, no its for the Big Vacuum Line Piping that usually goes on there, but i have my vacuum lines plugged into the Intake of the S/C. So all i had to do was to cap it off with something, and its just a thick plastic lid off something. BUt its on there very tight... i had to soak the lid in Boiling HOT water just to get it to fit lol :P

I am loving everytime i hit boost, since it just screams how it should :P

Yes, the MAF flange is painted, but there is no interference if that is what you were thinking :D

Evo

The non DBW 1zz's do not require that extra pipe. The DBW 1zz's do as they dont have the port on the actual throttle body like the cable throttles.

I asked about the flange as I'm a little suprised they didn't go with a stainless maf flange.

The non DBW 1zz's do not require that extra pipe. The DBW 1zz's do as they dont have the port on the actual throttle body like the cable throttles.

I asked about the flange as I'm a little suprised they didn't go with a stainless maf flange.

ok... I didn't know that... but there is a LOT that i don't know about compared to you lol :P I am only a young fella ;)

the flange i think he said is Mild Steel Painted Black... Whether Stainless or not, it still does the same job right?? What would be the key difference from Mild Steel to Stainless other then the 'looks' of it?

Evo

the main difference is mild steel is cheaper, easier to machine and can rust.

IMO it doesn't take that much longer to machine the stainless plate, it is more difficult to tap for the maf bolts though. Probably $4 cheaper to use a mild steel flange compared to stainless. The ultimate is a CNC machined stainless flange, but only the serious places go to that effort/cost. The CNC'd fanges to ensure precise MAF fitment and placement though so they're worth the minimal extra cost to me.

CNC'd stainless maf flange looks like:

a20791e12436f731595423_m.jpg

Edited by CHA54

Damn Evo ur cars looks alot more quicker... Its loud az!! I guess my ZRE stands out coz its the only 1 on here ive seen with CHROMIES!! Lol... I wouldnt mind a S/C or a lil turbo... I bet u get alot of looks wen ppl hear u coming. MAD!!! Keep up the good work...

Yo CHA54... Maybe u shouldve made sumthin up for evo, coz by wot ive been reading u know wot ur talking about n u sound lyk a PRO!! Ko0L..

Damn Evo ur cars looks alot more quicker... Its loud az!! I guess my ZRE stands out coz its the only 1 on here ive seen with CHROMIES!! Lol... I wouldnt mind a S/C or a lil turbo... I bet u get alot of looks wen ppl hear u coming. MAD!!! Keep up the good work...

Yo CHA54... Maybe u shouldve made sumthin up for evo, coz by wot ive been reading u know wot ur talking about n u sound lyk a PRO!! Ko0L..

Thanks man,

from what i know about CHA54... which isn't very much, i know apart from he has worked on his own cars (several of them) i think Chase also did Pippy's and Map81's cars too right?

Anyways, yes, the best answers have always come from him :P :D

Thanks man.

Evo

No no no. If anyone is getting an intake from Jason, it's gonna be me. Haha. Pllleeeeaaaaasssseeeee finish it off. Hehe

:D

Yeah, jase did pippy's and MAP81's car. Well, I suppose map helped a little. But he's pretty useless. Hehehe.

oh bugger! hasn't he finished your intake for you yet?! It sounded so good tho!! :(

:( :( :(

no... i'd say something about how useless he is, but i cant see that ending good for me... :lol:

nah seriously though... its not like he has been sitting on his ***** doing nothing... :D

anyway, back to evo... :D

You got that modplate yet Evan??? I have a number for a mobile guy that will do you over for $150. :P

Ok, actually no...

But there is no point in you 'telling' me that you know someone who can do it, when it would be much more benificial to give me contact details :o

Evo

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so i have a bit of a problem, but its sorta good...

I drove out of the carpark at work and noticed there wasn't something right...

I drove about 50 metres down the road, and thought there was definitely something wrong, so i pulled over to have a look, since i could feel it coming from the right rear of the car. I had a look, and guess what i found... a Screw in my tyre :o

(keep in mind i have Adrenalins lol :P) So i wanted to get it fixed, but it was too late, so i drove home up the highway slowly, cause i was sketching out about it, and got home and changed over to the spare.

So now i have decided to go and get some new rubber, coming soon, 2 new Adrenalins on the front of the car.

So yeah. that's what is going on :o

Evo

You got that modplate yet Evan??? I have a number for a mobile guy that will do you over for $150. :P

Ok, actually no...

But there is no point in you 'telling' me that you know someone who can do it, when it would be much more benificial to give me contact details :o

Evo

This is true. But if you make the effort to PM me about the contact details, then I know you are worthy and ready to receive them. Hey, I'm just looking out for you so you don't get stung...

Remember your failure at the foglights my young padawan... :P

Gav.

update,

so i got my New Adrenalins on the front now, and the older oness at the back, they have plenty of tread left. :D

Holding off modding for now, and i need to update my thread with more recent photos of the car lol :P

I keep 'thinking' about more and more mods but i feel i have done more then enough to make it truely unqiue :toast::yahoo:

Evo

Hey hey everyone :D

I have just finished DIY'ing my bonnet scoop with Black Mesh :yahoo:

1st time for everything, this car is the best :D to me :P

it looks good, and is nice and subtle :D

I shall add pics when i can :P

Also, i shall be getting the TRD Grilles in sometime next week, so a new grille will be going on the car :D

And i washed the car this morning in a Jetstream carwash... but funny story:

I paid for it, then drove into the carwash and forgot i still had my driver's window open, and myself and the missus got hosed LOL :lol: :P

Silly me XD

Evo

Evo

Alright, so i had to re-insert the mesh that i worked so hard to put in yesterday because of someone i know decided to pull it off :o

I was not happy, but very shocked... reason being he said 'it looks sh**.

I put it back on, and i am very happy with it :D i don't care what others think, its my car, and i WILL do what i want to it B)

Evo

Also, i shall be getting the TRD Grilles in sometime next week, so a new grille will be going on the car :D

And i washed the car this morning in a Jetstream carwash... but funny story:

I paid for it, then drove into the carwash and forgot i still had my driver's window open, and myself and the missus got hosed LOL :lol: :P

Silly me XD

Evo

LOL! Saved yourself a shower when you get home later on. :D

Actually,

i had decided to take the missus out to lunch, and that is where we ended up :o

It was a good feed... now i know why there were a few cars done-up when we turned up :P

Good thing i decided to clean the car before we headed out ;)

Evo