defecting

lylee

do you think police go over the top with attempting to defect the car lovers  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

last night i got pulled over and a cop told me i had too big a rolling diameter.

i only have 17's on my car 225/45 r17 is it actually justifyed me getting a fine????

the officer of bending the law told me id receive a fine in the mail

gay, when i got pulled over for foglights police said nothing about my recently cleaned 17's !!

then when i got pulled over for speeding, the police noted the smell coming from the wheels, so he put his face to my wheels to smell the breaks, and nothing was said about the 17's, he even said thhey look nice and he checked the tread and said its good i have good tread !

Edited by 123R-Prozak

215/45 is what you should be running, although 225's dont put your speedo out that much more. The hard part with 215's is finding a tyre with the correct load rating.

but they were apparently fining me on rolling diameter

they couldve chosen a plether of other things, cai pod filter, brakes, coilovers, blue parkers, eyelids,

but the rolling diameter i just want to know if im technically in the clear or do i need to change my tyres

17s? defects? The cops prolly just messin with you. Should note the Police officers' details and report them for being a bully. 17s are perfectly fine on a rolla...

Edited by VF-X

your stock tyre diameter is 615mm. The diameter with 225/45's is 634.3mm.

Your speedo reads 3.1% slow with the current tyres. I'm not sure if NSW work off the NCOP or ADR's...

the last publication I can find with a quick search states:

Roads & Traffic Authority Vehicle Standards Information,

Guidelines for alternative wheels and tyres, Revision #4 , November 1999.

TYRES (Continued)

Overall Diameter

The overall diameter of the wheel and tyre combination must be no more than 15mm larger than the largest diameter wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle and not more than 15mm smaller than the smallest diameter wheel and tyre combination specified for the vehicle.

Tyre Load Rating

Any replacement tyre must have a load rating equal to or better than the minimum load rating stated by the vehicle manufacturer on the tyre placard. This can be stated on the tyre placard as either a load index or as the load per axle.

So, If you had the correct 215/45/17's for your wheels, your overall diameter would be 625.3 which is within the regulations.

so mine are out by 4mm

so if i just put my old tyres on ill be within the limit and i can actually appeal the fine if one is even gonna be made

or you can just admit you were wrong and didnt comply with legal specs. its an option...

I think that your in the wrong (regardless of how smaller deal) and you get pinged, it's your fault.

Posts like this just stir up a bad name for the cops.

Now don't get me wrong. I hate getting stopped by the cops. I feel as if I've done something wrong but didn't know it. But then I know I haven't done anything wrong, so why worry!

Another point, why not do legal mods?

/my 2 cents

well since the preface corolla came with 16 inch as the largest stock its within the boundaries

Your wheel size is within it's boundaries... but your wheel/tire combination is not.

so my wheels are alright?

The ZRE currently running 225/45/17

When i bought it was running 225/40/18 !!??

too big for me..lol

I'm running 225/40/18 n they kinda look small... Maybe 19s will fill the guards.

so my wheels are alright?

The ZRE currently running 225/45/17

When i bought it was running 225/40/18 !!??

Your wheels are alright mate. Your ZRE has different tire sizing requirements than the ZZE like lylee.

A quick general guide when up-sizing tires (just a guide as it can vary) is when you increase rim diameter by one inch from stock, you increase tire width by 10mm and decrease profile by 5mm. Then from there, keeping the wheel size the same, if you increase the width of the tire by 10mm, you decrease the profile by 5mm.

So in your case, stock tires are 205/55R16. So when you get 17's, generally you go to 215/50R17, and then alternatively you can have 225/45R17.