Highest Milage vehicle you have ever seen

my old man knew a bloke who had always owned subarus , one of which was a really ancient sports wagon with over 1 million on the clock , owned two near 500k ae82's myself and seen some in the 600 zone lots out there , i always get blind and on the lift home ask the taxi driver how many , haha , one night the guy said oh , 850k and still does a skid and ripped a huge dorri dorri , that was preety impressive i thought :lol:

my old man knew a bloke who had always owned subarus , one of which was a really ancient sports wagon with over 1 million on the clock , owned two near 500k ae82's myself and seen some in the 600 zone lots out there , i always get blind and on the lift home ask the taxi driver how many , haha , one night the guy said oh , 850k and still does a skid and ripped a huge dorri dorri , that was preety impressive i thought :lol:

that is absolute gold mate hahahahahahahahaha

Taxis run better on higher ks than just about any other car, because they are running for _very_ long periods of time. Most engine wear occurs just after a cold start, and taxis are on the road often 24/7 (in the case of shared units) or at least 8-10 solid hours a day, every day.

Taxis run better on higher ks than just about any other car, because they are running for _very_ long periods of time. Most engine wear occurs just after a cold start, and taxis are on the road often 24/7 (in the case of shared units) or at least 8-10 solid hours a day, every day.

agreed !! had a taxi come in the other week at work for running rough.. 2007/8 ve caprice v6 i believe.. had way over 200k on the clock, burnt vavle, we ended up putting a new motor in it anyways cause it had other problems aswell, but like in 2 years they did that many km's, imagine 10 years.. they really run the cars into the ground!

its true what they say about taxi's have driven to the moon :lol: just under 400,000km

i had a chat with a driver once and we were in a Falcon and he was saying that they only liked driving the falcons as the commodores lasted half the time of anything else , no idea what sorta truth comes to that but i was stoked when he said the avalons around my area were the best , they wouldn't die...