2007 toyota camry LE

private number

haha cheers tash.

The calipers were easy.

Basically, if you got a jack and 2 stands it makes life so much easier. Well i took the wheels off, gave the calipers a very good clean so they look good as new. Masked everything up. Then sprayed it with engine enamel paint (it has a higher temp than break caliper paint). I used engine enamel paint because i couldnt find break caliper paint that was white. After that, the finish was a flat white, so i sprayed high temp engine enamel clear gloss over the top and bingo! Chucked the wheels back on, and i let it dry over night

haha cheers tash.

The calipers were easy.

Basically, if you got a jack and 2 stands it makes life so much easier. Well i took the wheels off, gave the calipers a very good clean so they look good as new. Masked everything up. Then sprayed it with engine enamel paint (it has a higher temp than break caliper paint). I used engine enamel paint because i couldnt find break caliper paint that was white. After that, the finish was a flat white, so i sprayed high temp engine enamel clear gloss over the top and bingo! Chucked the wheels back on, and i let it dry over night

Awesome :D Might have to enlist someone's help one weekend in the future then. Forgive me for what is probably a pretty simple question, but taking the wheels off and putting them on again, that would affect your balance and alignment yeah?

Not that i know of, no. Ive done it many times and i myself is a n0ob at all this car bizz but i removed my wheels many times and havnt noticed a change in anything. I just make sure to retighten up my bolts after 100kms or so after putting the wheels back on. I noticed that some of the nuts became a bit loose in that time despite me tightening (<== is that a word? ) them up

Ah good stuffs, I might have to do that some time later in the year then, gotta find somebody with some stands first! And yep, tightening is indeed a word :)

• 4 weeks later...

I see your on the hunt for new shoes Reece....a little teaser. :D

11vku8h.jpg

the color idea on the wheels should look really good on your ride,now to just find em.

might have to get a custom paint job to get what you want. :unsure:

good luck mate. :)

11vku8h.jpg

the color idea on the wheels should look really good on your ride,now to just find em.

omfg...dope ***** ride *jizz in my pantz*

private number

I see you on TN every once in a while. Just to let you know of a local near me has a brand new Razzi ground effects kit for sale $275. I know you have been looking for ground effects for a while. I wonder if this would be of interest for you.

catric69

11vku8h.jpg

haha cheers mate. Is that pic from melbourne? Cause that may be the car i saw on brunswick st last friday!

^ Yep Melbourne...i snapped this pic at the Melb annual meet 2009,we were having dinner at the Garage Cafe.

i also saw it on Lygon st Carlton about 2mths back....such a sweet looking ride. :)

• 3 weeks later...

2wnxy7a.jpg

Finally ordered the lip kit for my ride. Hopefully getting it within the next couple weeks. wont be installed however for about a month, need to pay insurance and rego. bad timing :(

If you want any advice on importing body kits for your ride, dont hesitate to ask me how i did it all. Was a long process for me as i was a n0ob with this all, but its actually really simply once you know what to do

Cause im bored, i just thought id list the current + future pending mods just to update anyone who follows my thread

Current mods;

- 19x8.5 +45 wrapped with 245/35 all round

- Painted white calipers

- D2 coilover suspension

- Aftermarket foglights

- 8k HID foglights

- Blue LED parkers

- 35% tinted windows sides and back

- Vibrant universal sports muffler. 2.25inlet - 3inch outlet

- Debadged

- Colour coded mud guards (This model originally had black mud guards)

- White LED rego lights

- Aftermarket touchscreen headunit with GPS, DVD, Bluetooth, MP3, USB, SD, Digital TV, Reverse camera

- Blue footwell lighting

Upcoming mods (in order)

- 6k HID driving lights

- RK sports lip kit all round, imported straight from the USA (Currently in transit)

- Eyelids

- Genuwine toyota sportivo grille + aftermarket trunk lip

- K&N CAI

- Weather shields?

- interior LED conversion

- Custom dual exhaust upgrade + Full exhaust upgrade

- Roof lip

- Sporting JL audio gear all round

- Full interior custom work, wrapped with leather all round. (Still deciding on a scheme)

- New shoes for a more flush VIP look (Inspiration from stancenation and hellaflush)

- Aftermarket sunroof.

- Black roof?

- Custom paint job?

Only about 25% through the build. All current mods are the starters and act like a base. Now its time to make my toycam more unique!

Edited by private number

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received my lip kit straight from california today!

As far as i know, and what i've been told. Im the only one with this kit for the gen 6 camry here in australia!

6jjb08.jpg

Im gonna have some clearance issues with going down my driveway when i get this kit installed :(

but anyway, here are some pics before i put it on.

2e1hpxd.jpg

rear bumper lip

20hohkz.jpg

front bumper lip

and i dont have pictures of the sideskirts yet

I like this lip as its nothing so "out there" that it over kills the look yet its different from the sportivo kit. Both were approx the same price anyway. Cant wait to get this kit installed hopefully before the sept meet!

hey man,

very nice car, and i like how much u lowered. But do u have any scrubbing issues? I just installed Pedders coilovers on my camry, same height as u. When i drive on the bumpy road, my front and rear tyres hit inner of guards sometimes.

Cheers mate. And yeah i do have some scrubbing issues aswell. Was worse before until i got a wheel alignment and it fixed a lot of it as the toe was off a bit.

If you roll the very small lip in the guards, you might actually remove all scraping noises. Havne tried that as of yet. What wheel and tyre set up are you running?

yeah, i did roll my guards, but 3 ppl sitting at the rear, itz scrubbing inside of the guards. For the front, i think we can not get rid off this problem until we change to bigger fenders.

I am using 19x8, tyres are 225/35/19.

Edited by MR 988

Gawd those foggies are bright!!! Can imagine I'd blind a lot of people using those driving at night in the country hehehehe Easy enough to put in?? I'll have to stitch it up with you one weekend and see if we can do the bulbs in my headlights - how did you get on with the HIDs??

Job well done on the lip kit too, really liking the rear piece :D Did it end up being all that difficult with customs etc? Can't wait to see it painted and on!

yeah, i did roll my guards, but 3 ppl sitting at the rear, itz scrubbing inside of the guards. For the front, i think we can not get rid off this problem until we change to bigger fenders.

Oh wow. Yeah im running 19x8.5 245/35/19. The fenders and guards must be different in the gen 5 then it is in the gen 6. But i also never ever carry 3 people in the back seat anymore. My 5 seater car has turned into a 4 seater car since i lowered it. haha

Gawd those foggies are bright!!! Can imagine I'd blind a lot of people using those driving at night in the country hehehehe Easy enough to put in?? I'll have to stitch it up with you one weekend and see if we can do the bulbs in my headlights - how did you get on with the HIDs??

Job well done on the lip kit too, really liking the rear piece :D Did it end up being all that difficult with customs etc? Can't wait to see it painted and on!

Hahah yeah thay are bright tash, especially in the country! Its easy as to put in, only takes 5 mins. However, the hardest thing is mounting the ballast onto something secure and away from sight. For the headlights, learn from my mistake. Look for the h7 kit that has a bracket. The HID kit i bought does not have the bracket that is common for h7 bulb sizes hence why i cant mount this particular HID kit to our headlights. But if you find a HID kit with that bracket, installation is a pieice of cake.

Now i have a h7 HID 6k kit for sale, 100 dollars pick up only in melbourne! Needa find one that came with the brackets as i really cant be bothered doing a retro. But still undecided.

And thanks! its real good to know im the only one with this lip kit in australia (so far). There were no issues at all with customs or anything thankfully! I cant wait either tash, but it will be a good month or so until it is on haha.

Edited by private number

Something dosen't sound right with the setup,with that combo unless it's totally dropped on it's gutz there should be no scrubbing what so ever.

I was running 20x8.5 with 245/35/20 and it scrubbed using the Pedders springs and only on big dips and sharp cornering but once i changed to the coilovers the scrubbing was 95% gone.

Now i'm running 19x9 245/35/R19 and i've done some wicked mountain runs on some very twisty uneven roads and not even a hint of scrubbing. :)

Edit...just relized you have a Camry not an Aurion,my bad. :o

Edited by 1stKill

Haha i almost forgot...Reece you cars looking mint mate,how low can you go?

look forward to seeing the kit fitted and all painted up,should look horn.

Cheers

Lee

Hey lee! He has a gen 5 camry. So the guards might be different to the aurion/camry hence why his got some scraping issues maybe? And thanks lee, cant wait either. I can go maybe 3cm lower than what it is now, but front left coilover is still seized so i might just leave it or else i wont be able to go anywhere with any speedbumps! Going any lower than it is now IMO is crazyyy, dont know how i had it about 2cm lower all round before. glad i increased the height when i could haha

I lowered my front for 4 inches, rear for 3.5 inches. Thatz maximize for the front. But I feel it is too low for daily drive when u make a turn, then scrapping

Edited by MR 988