SubWoofers in the new Corolla Hatchbacks

JosephS

hey rolla fans!

recently bought a new edge rolla.

wondering if anyone has installed successfully a subwoofer without changing the stock deck.

i dont want to change the deck, because then i would loose my bluetooth options and it would make the dashboard look crap.

please help me out, some pics, info, past expiriences, places to go?

is it poosible to install a sub without chaning the deck ? i already have a 600 watt sub + 900 watt amp and all cables ready to go!

thnkx for ur help in advance.

Joseph . S

hey rolla fans!

wondering if anyone has installed successfully a subwoofer without changing the stock deck.

i dont want to change the deck, because then i would loose my bluetooth options and it would make the dashboard look crap.

is it poosible to install a sub without chaning the deck ? i already have a 600 watt sub + 900 watt amp and all cables ready to go!

Joseph . S

Hey mate, best way to go without changing your deck would be to purchase a Line-Out Channel Converter.

Basically, it taps into your existing speaker wiring, and from there, you can connect your Amp RCA inputs (that usually go into the back of an aftermarket head unit) into the Line Out Channel Converter. Or your other option is to upgrade your head unit ;)

Good luck :D

Evo

hey rolla fans!

Joseph . S

Hey mate, best way to go without changing your deck would be to purchase a Line-Out Channel Converter.

Basically, it taps into your existing speaker wiring, and from there, you can connect your Amp RCA inputs (that usually go into the back of an aftermarket head unit) into the Line Out Channel Converter. Or your other option is to upgrade your head unit ;)

Good luck :D

Evo

thnkx for the reply. n im wondering like the other guy down the post, would that provide good quality base? and would it void warranties in any way?

if you want to get a good clean sound then you really should be getting an after market head unit........ try a pioneer or alpine........ you won't regret it

Line out converters do the job, but dont have as clean a signal as using rca through an aftermarket head unit that is made to have a sub and amp attached to it......

Edited by i_is_raf

hey rolla fans!

Joseph . S

i did it. 800w monoblock amp 700w 12" sub wired in no probs. great sound.

this is how its done.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...rt=#entry314469

thanx to DJKOR

depending on ur converter it can change the loading on ur headunit and possibly blow it up so spent the money and buy a decent one.. a stinger sven 2 would be the way to go.

personally i never do it cos it's not really good but thats my two cents.

How much is a good one cost????? im guessing almost as much as a new head unit?

depending on ur converter it can change the loading on ur headunit and possibly blow it up so spent the money and buy a decent one.. a stinger sven 2 would be the way to go.

around the $100-$130 mark.

around the $100-$130 mark.

wow. hefty cash. is a state-of-the-art really nessisary? would it blow up ASAP if i didnt have a $130 LOC?