QLD CHRISTMAS CRUISE AND DINNER

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, its not lift you need, its a big set of balls.

Am I a candidate:

I think I'm a special case.

No you're just nuts. ;)

Daryl is especially nuts!

Daryl has special nuts?

But seriously though, mountain runs aren't all about how fast you are. It's your own personal limit as well that determines your time.

On that topic, I as well would prefer a nice cruise with sights.... but I have faith that Brennden has organised a good cruise. A mountain run would be nice as well at a casual pace, but maybe should be the last thing planned because it will result in bugs dirtying up the car meaning we can't get great photos (hint Rowan). This way, if people don't think they can have a casually paced cruise through the mountains, they can bail. I would be looking forward to a mountain run that is slower than my usual pace. It's been ages since I have been able to cruise around there in a group without pushing hard. It would be nice to go at a slower pace.

MMM Sounds like there are a few who have gone soft in the last little while eh ??LOL

It certainly wasn't going to be a "timed" event so speed certainly isn't to be involved if you don't want to. I was going to go over some new roads for some of you but new roads and testosterone could lead somebody to go bye bye's very quickly so I wanted to avoid that do a nice run on roads most already know.

If we all want to go slow I will lead and be in the hilux..... so prepared to be bored hahahahahahaha

More info soon......

If we all want to go slow I will lead and be in the hilux..... so prepared to be bored hahahahahahaha

Now look what you guys have done :lol:.

If anyone makes this happen... let's not talk about the outcome.

Alright seeing as there are a few mountains that are getting boring for a few people I have organised a new route. It's is roughly 120km's long which seems like a lot but there is a lot of open road to enjoy. It will take about 2 hours including stops. There will be 2 scenic stops along the way if the weather gods are good to us.

Here is the directions of where we are heading...

TOCAU Christmas Party

Cruise Route directions

Gympie Rd from city to Bruce hwy

Take D’Aguilar hwy turnoff

Follow D’Aguilar hwy to D’Aguilar

Turn Left onto Mt Mee rd

STOP at Lookout at Mt Mee

Follow Mt Mee Rd to Dayboro

Turn Right onto Williams St

Left onto Bradley Street

Bradley Street becomes Mt Samson Rd

Left into Winn Rd

Right onto clear Mountain Rd

STOP at clear Mountain Rd Lookout

Follow Clear Mountain Rd to the end

Turn Left onto Eaton’s Crossing Rd

Turn right onto South Pine Rd

Turn Left onto Albany Creek Rd

Turn Left at Hypermarket

Turn Right in MacDonalds

End Of cruise.

I will print out a few copies of these directions for those who need them or think they will get lost!! remember to bring your 2 way with fresh batteries and a tank of fuel.

No google maps link i just did this up from looking at whereis to get the street names right as I know the roads reasonably well. If you want to map it out on google maps then I'm happy for you to do it.

So you all don't think i'm bailing on the night, there is triathlon at Raby bay on Sunday, checkin 5.15am. 1/2 Olympic distance.

I made commitment to come to dinner, but i won't be driving, Mrs Whitestivo will have the car and be dropping, picking me up.

So guess what I'm comsuming Saturday night, Carbs and Staminade.

whitestivo

i know those roads well and i think that this cruise should be a nice cruise and an option for certain people (cough-mick/daryl-cough) to have fun too...

good choice of roads man! :)

i gotta call ya later to book in for saturday... thats if i dont get side tracked with work... :lol:

So you all don't think i'm bailing on the night, there is triathlon at Raby bay on Sunday, checkin 5.15am. 1/2 Olympic distance.

I made commitment to come to dinner, but i won't be driving, Mrs Whitestivo will have the car and be dropping, picking me up.

whitestivo

SOFT!

PS, ill set the ET in the yaris :P (mick knows what im talking about)

whitestivo

SOFT!

PS, ill set the ET in the yaris :P (mick knows what im talking about)

F*ck oath you will...

Don't underestimate the power of the yaris.

whitestivo

OMFG this is weak and poor planning, i dont think ill ever get to see u/race against u in the next 2 years at this rate

double post yesssssssssss.

EDIT: anyone with lowered springs like myself bring a neck brace, a set of spanners, a big cousion, empty stomach and alot of tolerance. Mt Mee Rd is the bumpyest sh|t ive ever driven on so prepare for swearing

Edited by ELEGNT