QLD CHRISTMAS CRUISE AND DINNER

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: anyone with lowered springs like myself bring a neck brace, a set of spanners, a big cousion, empty stomach and alot of tolerance. Mt Mee Rd is the bumpyest sh|t ive ever driven on so prepare for swearing

Ahh, the comfort of having some good suspension travel.

Sorry guys n gals but I'm out, I have a photo shoot all day 2moro and me and other half are having some issues at the mo, things aren't looking too good at all. Hope you have a awsome time and I expect pics!

Damn it Mick. We shouldn't have said anything. Bad jinxing there. Sorry to hear Tabby. Look forward to seeing/meeting you out at a meet one day.

Well in my best efforts, I tried to make a map. May have possibly failed. Here goes anyways.

Edit: I notice the fail at point C. I can't be bothered to try and fix it. Just take the D'Aguilar exit off the Bruce if that confuses you.

Try this link for size (check the length in the address bar):

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=d&sou...e=UTF8&z=10

And because I am nice:

cruiseb.jpg

will there be enough room for me to bring a mate along to the dinner? *looks at bren*

that would be me :)

You can take Tabby's seat. Brennden would have reserved a seat for her.

anyone got a spare UHF... :) BTW... is there plenty of parking at the restaurant??? Never been there.

I have a spare 0.5 watt Uniden you can borrow. Range isn't crash hot with that amount of power, but should help. At the very least, you can listen to everyone.

Can someone please tell me about the parking situation there at Adelaide Street. I know where the shop is we're going but I"m not familiar with the amount of nearby parking...??? I've googled it and there's not much too local by the looks, so where do you guys all park when you go there??

Can someone please tell me about the parking situation there at Adelaide Street. I know where the shop is we're going but I"m not familiar with the amount of nearby parking...??? I've googled it and there's not much too local by the looks, so where do you guys all park when you go there??

As mentioned earlier, we park on the streets. I'm not sure what the situation would be like on a Saturday night but should be fine. Here is a map showing common parking areas. The restaurant is more towards Adelaide Street than that maker sits:

newpicture2o.jpg

I'm just not too keen on parking in the streets of the city unattended for and hour and a half on a Saturday night, I've been bitten before :-( Hence why I was asking if any knew of anything other than on the streets...

I'm just not too keen on parking in the streets of the city unattended for and hour and a half on a Saturday night, I've been bitten before :-( Hence why I was asking if any knew of anything other than on the streets...

I have secure parking at South Bank ;) Only like a 3-40min walk away :lol:

I had my car broken into in the city a couple of years ago, thats why I'm always a bit worried, I think maybe I'll skip dinner and meet you guys at the loop.

As long as thats not gonna ruin my secret santa thing though :-(

im getting a little bit exited in the pant region about tonight, not entirely sure why i am so exited lol

You're telling me. I made my car all nice and shiny for tonight as well as checking my brakes, tightening my wheel nuts, and checking my air pressures.

Mick your mate can come as I counted on a few doing the usual pulling out at the last minute.

I will have a few copies of the cruise directions for those who require them.

bring your 2 ways people!!

Really good dinner and cruise. Thanks Brennden for organising. Food was great as always, and the cruise was very tame with some spirited sections and very enjoyable. Was good to catch up with everyone in such a large group.

Thank you to all who said they would show up and actually did do so. To the rest of you who didn't and didn't cal or message to say so....... very poor :(

Could everyone post up a pic of what they got from secret santa?

Cruise was really good and nice to drive some new roads for some of you. From where I was sitting it was an adrenaline rush and cruise seemed to over rather quickly lol. Big thanks to northy for letting me ride shotgun in the weapon!!

Thank you to all on the cruise for your courteous and safe driving. Makes for a much more enjoyable night for everyone involved!! Elgin hope your wife is ok and the there isn't too much mess in the car!!

All those with pics post em up for all to see!!

SB: Hey, I sent a message! :P

OK, it was a good, but long, drive. Wow, I was so pooped after that hilly part after the foggie place we stopped at. Really nice roads, and not really bumpy for me, but my exhaust might disagree with me. :P

I have thank my secret Santa for getting me this:

Gallardo_superleggera_wallpaper_1024.jpg

Long time, Gav.

Edited by chicaboo

Thank you Secret Santa for the microfibre cleaning cloths (you can never have enough microfibre), and the extremely useful alloy wheel brush. After cleaning my Kappa's yesterday for the meet, this is going to make that process 100x easier.

dsc05474.jpg

yeah, all in all it was a great cruise... a few hairy moments for some people, but luckily nothing bad happened the whole time...

thanks for organising it, i think it turned out to be a great success.. :)

shame about my thigh. but even with the little parts that i bit my lip and pushed through the pain to have some fun, i have to admit that my new tyres and brakes (first time ive actually "used" them) were absolutely amazing...

the grip was way better than previously and the brakes were out braking my brain (if that makes any sense lol)...

sorry about your wife elgin... hope she's feeling better today... and thanks for pulling to the left to let me pass you! great work! :)

it must have killed you to see your old car pass your new car though.. :P hehe just kidding.. :)

thanks again to everyone who came and made it an enjoyable night... :)

wooooooo

thanks for dinner guys and girls that came.

smashed my PB this morning, so wrapped, damn it was hot as

glad cruise went well guys, had a sit in a certain (peashoote)R Colt and the seats are amazing.

thanks Bren for organising, and thx to my secret santa for thinking laterally and keeping me amused for hours

whitestivo