Toyota Insurance

glm

Hi guys it's me again, I would like to ask something about insurance, the Toyota sales ppl were recommending Toyota insurance to me, i don't know if i should change or not, is it better compare with AMMI or NRMA? I'm currently with NRMA, but Toyota ppl told me when i got Toyota insurance i can get 3 year full new car price covered while NRMA only have 2, and Toyota insurance will use the genuine parts as well, they are also about $100 cheaper than NRMA.

Has anybody bought insurance with Toyota before? or anybody know how it's like compare to NRMA or AMMI?

Really appreciate your help. thanks in advance guys.

Well insurance is kind of like other products out there in which you need to shop around if you want to find out what the best price you can get is.

Insurance premiums can vary depending on a number of factors, and you would be best off to inquire with different providers yourself. Most have an online quotation system which can give you an idea of how much you have to pay. Just enter in your details and see who can give you a better price. Then compare the benefits of one over the other and weigh out what you think would suit you best.

Hi guys it's me again, I would like to ask something about insurance, the Toyota sales ppl were recommending Toyota insurance to me, i don't know if i should change or not, is it better compare with AMMI or NRMA? I'm currently with NRMA, but Toyota ppl told me when i got Toyota insurance i can get 3 year full new car price covered while NRMA only have 2, and Toyota insurance will use the genuine parts as well, they are also about $100 cheaper than NRMA.

Has anybody bought insurance with Toyota before? or anybody know how it's like compare to NRMA or AMMI?

Really appreciate your help. thanks in advance guys.

There are a few threads on Toyota Insurance...

But the most relevent information can probably be found here: http://www.ioi-sonpo.co.jp/en/comp_profile.html as they underwrite for Toyota Insurance. I've not dealt with them personally, but as my wife and her workmates tell me, the NRMA pay out on more claims. (she works for them)

Having said that, I'm insured with GIO and have not made a claim since switching from Shannons (painful!!!)

But the most relevent information can probably be found here: http://www.ioi-sonpo.co.jp/en/comp_profile.html as they underwrite for Toyota Insurance. I've not dealt with them personally, but as my wife and her workmates tell me, the NRMA pay out on more claims. (she works for them)

Having said that, I'm insured with GIO and have not made a claim since switching from Shannons (painful!!!)

I am with GIO. I find it funny that your wife works for NRMA and you use a different company.

Does anyone know if the Toyota Insurance is actually Toyota Insurance or is it another copmanies re-branded service? Like Toyota Finance is St George.

Having just purchased the TRD recently....i asked the dealer about Toyota insurance.......i was told that Toyota now use Allianz and don't have there own insurance as such......worked out cheap too........I beleive this is Australia wide as i could not see Toyota using different insurance companies for each state. I may be wrong though.

I beleive this is Australia wide as i could not see Toyota using different insurance companies for each state. I may be wrong though.

I dunno about that. When my old man bought his Hilux from Sydney a few months back, the owner still owed money on it through Toyota Finance. He went into our local dealership to make some general enquiries re Toyota Finance, but they could tell him nothing because apparently the dealership have nothing to do with TF as they don't use them. Although seemigly irrelevent, my point is that if all states/dealerships don't use the same finance provider, perhaps their insurance isn't uniform across the country either?

Possibly not although i would say Finance is a completetly different ballgame. There is money to be made by Toyota with Financing cars but maybe the insurance side of things is not so profitable to Toyota's pockets.

It is possible however that each state has a different insurer as Toyota will be after the best deals. I have found in WA that Allianz are best when it comes to prices when getting quotes outside of Toyota.......and it was a genuine quote from Toyota when they sold me the car...within 20 dollars of my quote, so there was no profit margin to be made by Toyota on insurance.

When i quizzed Big Rock Toyota about Toyota insurance, he was quick to sell me Allianz and stated Toyota insurance is no longer an option.........but once again, this may be only in WA. Looking back on my old Camry's Toyota insurance, the policy was through Swann insurance even though it had Toyota on the top of it and i beleive Swann are a local insurer...so it could well be the case that each state uses different insurers.

Looking back on my old Camry's Toyota insurance, the policy was through Swann insurance even though it had Toyota on the top of it and i beleive Swann are a local insurer...so it could well be the case that each state uses different insurers.

haha..i work for swann

a lot of brand named insurance or finance products are funded or underwritten by larger companies. it's much more cost effective to the brandname that way

with regards to where to find toyota insurance, etc. it usually comes down to an intercompany agent/broker type agreement where commission is usually the influencing factor. dealers like their commission.

Just thought I'd weigh in on this one..

Basically, you get the insurance you're happy with. When you're calling around though, grill them on whether they use new genuine parts or if they use second-hand parts.. I've heard rumblings in the industry that places like AAMI and NRMA will use cheap second-hand parts in their repairs, and charge through the a*** for their premiums.

Make sure you get choice of repairer too.. authorised repairers are only as good as their reputation, lots of insurers choose the authorised repairers on a financial basis i.e., cheapest repair.

Cheapest price does vary pretty widely from area to area.. NRMA might be cheaper in Sydney, but dearer in Brisbane, depends on their claims in the area and target market.

Just picked up my Aurion today, insured through my bank. Check with yours, most institutions will have an alliance with one of the big insurers, and hopefully be able to cut you a better deal. Went with Allianz as underwriters for mine.

And it's midnight and I'm rambling.

Edited by aRuRvaR

I am with GIO. I find it funny that your wife works for NRMA and you use a different company.

Does anyone know if the Toyota Insurance is actually Toyota Insurance or is it another copmanies re-branded service? Like Toyota Finance is St George.

Few reasons for that... Firstly, they are way overpriced, even with the staff discount... I got quoted over $2000 to insure the Aurion. Secondly, It becomes painful to put in a claim when you're dealing with an insurance company your spouse works for (they seem to pay special attention to these even though I'd never put in a claim thats not on the level)