[VIC] - Winton Track Day on Saturday 20th Feb

Guni

POSTER.jpg

Sneeze.INC is organizing a track day next year and the response has been quite overwhelming. At my request, the nice Sneeze.INCers have agreed to extend the invitation to members of TOCAU VIC, NSW too if anyone is keen for a drive down :P

Anyhow, there are 70 spots and most have been filled up so get in quick!!!! Myself and Wil_Rolla have confirmed our attendance on track with a few more heading down to spectate so it would be nice to see more Toyotas there with especially rollas on the track :lol: I was there in May this year but have since change my setup so keen to see how well my new PB will be. I can pretty much say the same for Wil too :clap:

Anyhow,

Detail are as follows -

DATE: Saturday 20th February

MEET: TBA

TIME: TBA

DEPART: TBA

FORMAT: Sprint

PLACES: 70 MAX

COST: $140pp

[payment required by 30th of November to secure your spots]

Personal Requirements:

* CAMS L2S or AASA

* Long sleeve and long pants of non-synthetic material.

* Enclosed footwear of some type.

* ADR-approved helmet, either full face or half face is OK.

Vehicle Requirements:

* Fire Extinguisher: Securely mounted via bracket, preferably bolted down within reach of driver. Must be CAMS approved, 1KG or above.

* Tow Hook Point: If detachable type, please install it as this will speed up recovery times on the day.

* Aftermarket bonnets (CF/Fibreglass/etc) will require a secondary restraint, such as a strap/chain/belt/pins). This is not required for factory bonnets with a double-latching mechanism.

* Vehicle in good running condition, this includes:

- Tyres in roadworthy condition with enough tread

- No oil or fluid leaks

- Brakes in good working condition

- No loose parts, including battery

- Vehicle interior and boot clear from loose objects (including spare wheel)

Notes:

* Everybody is welcomed, no matter how new or experienced you are at circuit driving.

* Any passengers are required to fill in and sign an indemnity form. Passengers are allowed at any time during the day.

* Please be on time! We will begin scrutineering at 8AM sharp, you are also required to visit the pit office for document checks/filling in indemnity form.

* There will be a driver's briefing prior to commencing track time at approximately 9AM. All drivers are required to attend the driver's briefing or will not be allowed on track.

* Please make sure your car is prepared, the quicker everybody is ready to go and have their car checked, the more track time we can have.

* Cars will be divided into groups based on estimated laptime, this is to ensure that there is minimum traffic for you, and as a result you get a clean and safe run. Please provide an estimated laptime in your entry form if you have an idea.

* Timing will be posted on http://www.natsoft.com.au/ after the event, and may be viewable during the day near the scrutineering bay.

* This is not a competitive event, we are all here to have an enjoyable day. Please drive safely and follow instructions, or you will be banned from further driving.

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ARJlaSdw...ic2Ri&hl=en

Meng is your primary contact from Sneeze.INC and his email address is as below. You are more than welcome to shoot him an email for more queries :)

Please download the entry form and send to m3nG.13@gmail.com

Also remember to mention that you are from TOCAU and request banking details for payment to confirm/secure a place.

Sneeze.INC

i'll be there, i'm keen to try out my BC coils,,

i thought that all the spots have been filled?

anyways going to be an great day,, and i'm pretty sure Kolour will be there too,,

last time i was there was in Jan,, so i can't wait.. :yahoo:

Most spots have been but there are limited few left ....

My last was in May!!! :toast:

Hmm..am interested in taking the Camry for a run but not at such a big event - I don't have any of the gear/licences required anyway. Will wait for one of Winton's other open days heheheh

However! I do have family in Wangaratta so am thinking I could make this coincide with a trip home and come and be a spectator :)

Edited by Tash

an open day,, by that do you mean the fun days? you don't need a AASA for that you just go and pay $30.. how ever i don't recomend them days.. as theres so many cars you can't get a proper run,, i'm talking 30+ cars on the track at the same time, and mixed performance levels..

events like these are more expensive, but way more enjoyable,, thats why me and Guni can't stay away,, :)

Edited by wil_rolla

an open day,, by that do you mean the fun days? you don't need a AASA for that you just go and pay $30.. how ever i don't recomend them days.. as theres so many cars you can't get a proper run,, i'm talking 30+ cars on the track at the same time, and mixed performance levels..

events like these are more expensive, but way more enjoyable,, thats why me and Guni can't stay away,, :)

Yeah - pretty much that sort of thing, I have been to a couple in the past, must be my luck though as I've never seen one with that many on the track at one time.

Heheh Guni, I'll think about it, but so much stuff I'd have to get, like the extinguisher and racing gear and blah blah. Plus, would rather do it after I get the strut & sway! Definitely want to come along though and see how these things go :)

No worries Tash but if you read the above, it doesn't take much to be track worthy.

-: Car is in road worthy condition (no leaks and 5h!t like that and so on so forth)

-: Fire Extinguisher (Cost about $30 max for 1 KG)

-: Helmet (About $100 - $200 for a decent one)

-: AASA license (Sign up and get it on that day for about $50. Last a year)

I went in May and sent a bench mark for myself. Now I'm heading there to improve on it. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Just thought I let you know it isn't daunting as it seems ..... most imptly .... enjoy :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In my preparation for track tomorrow I checked my brakes and found most were almost "gone"!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

P1000731.jpg

P1000734.jpg

P1000735.jpg

But lucky for me, I had spares waiting !!!! :spiteful:

P1000718.jpg

P1000719.jpg

:toast:

So installed it and away I go to a new PB tomorrow !!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

P1000721.jpg

P1000724.jpg

P1000725.jpg

P1000726.jpg

P1000727.jpg

:clap:

IMG_9374.jpg

IMG_9431.jpg

IMG_9537.jpg

IMG_9852-1.jpg

IMG_9967-1.jpg

I manage to get 2 clips from my car cam. Just need to figure out how to freaking get it out!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fun day but didn't manage to crack my PB. Was just hooning around

:P :P :P :P :P

was a good day,, but i too was off my PB,, not many people were as fast as they would like to be..

but all in all a good day..

not sure about you gunni but i was fighting my car all day.. wasnt as smooth as i would have liked..

Edited by wil_rolla

img8788640.jpg

:P

What are you on about mate? :huh:

I'm saying i missed out I forgotten all about it and I wanted to come

:(

Oh well ... its ok ...

There is one on 8th... You can see me then .... Maybe this time i can drift better ....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 3 weeks later...