Hi..new to site

Hey guys.. recently got a 2005 Conquest

I'm just wondering if the 'Toyota Genuine Sportivo Muffler' is worth it ?

I'm a noob so take it easy.. it goes for around $300..

n yes, I have done a search and couldnt find anything :P

cheers

hello hello! welcome to our forums! :lol::lol::lol:

i'd save that $300 towards rims! the muffler isn't going to really do much besides give a different note to your exhaust sound. not a major difference though, and not with it in my opinion! but then, im just a bum :rolleyes::lol::unsure: :D

have fun~

u got a 1ZZ ay....

save a bit more mate n get a magnaflow, or if u save a bit MORE get a remus...

or if thats all too exy for ya...find sum1 with a stivo who has there stock system available (due to them buying a new system) n buy that......sum mild gains will be had with ....if i remember correctly

Perhaps I should take advantage of this post to introduce myself also.

I only joined this week but have been following these forums silently since I started looking at Sportivo's.

I've looked at a range of options and have finally decided to go with the Sportivo.

Got a newie ordered which I should be picking up next friday, nearly brought the black one they had in stock but decided against it. ended up going with white.

Anways thats my story, looking forward to some good times with the car and looking forward to meeting up with a few of you at some meets/cruises.

By the way, i'm in Canberra.

A big hello to everyone!

Woo Hoo a Canberra Boy... That'll be one more for our Wakefield Park days :D

We still have to have the mega meet in Canberra too people!!!  :angry:

For sure, Syd can drive down, Melb can drive up (and the other states are invited but driving from SA WA or QLD would be a rather big drive :D)

Yep,

If you see a white facelift Sportivo getting round there in the next few weeks thats most prob gunna be me. I havent seen any white Sportivo's in Canberra yet (only lived here since Jan).

Not sure about Wakefield, i'd come out for a look but not sure about punishing the car out on the track.

For sure, Syd can drive down, Melb can drive up (and the other states are invited but driving from SA WA or QLD would be a rather big drive :D)

Just dont make the meet too soon guys, wanna have my rims and lowering done before then.

Just dont make the meet too soon guys, wanna have my rims and lowering done before then.

I hope I still have a Stivo by then, I "might" be getting a company car then it would be bye bye Stivo time

mmm.... ic3man... the last time i was talking to you.... (if you are who i think you are) obviously you weren't listening to what i was saying to you...

:D

oh well...

hope you realise that stock 1zz-fe exhaust and stock 2zz-ge exhaust have different dia.

even if you get the stock stivo muffler you'd have to get it modified to fit on the 1zz piping...

:)

mmm.... ic3man... the last time i was talking to you.... (if you are who i think you are) obviously you weren't listening to what i was saying to you...

oh well...

hope you realise that stock 1zz-fe exhaust and stock 2zz-ge exhaust have different dia.

even if you get the stock stivo muffler you'd have to get it modified to fit on the 1zz piping...

hmm... last post u said i had nice rims already, which i dont.. :P must be a different iceman...hehe

jus a quick little intro...

name's david

im 16 turning 17 in a few months.. still on my L's.. and live in sydney

this conquest we got is basically me and my mum's.. but i'll be driving it when i get my P's

as i said before i was thinking of the genuine toyota sportivo muffler, which goes for around 300.. and also comes with warranty..

but searching around, i see that the remus muffler isnt too bad either... just that it isnt too cost friendly

for my birthday my dad said he'll get me the muffler... but should i ask for the remus instead ??

oh well...

hmm... last post u said i had nice rims already, which i dont.. :P must be a different iceman...hehe

jus a quick little intro...

name's david

im 16 turning 17 in a few months.. still on my L's.. and live in sydney

this conquest we got is basically me and my mum's.. but i'll be driving it when i get my P's

as i said before i was thinking of the genuine toyota sportivo muffler, which goes for around 300.. and also comes with warranty..

but searching around, i see that the remus muffler isnt too bad either... just that it isnt too cost friendly

for my birthday my dad said he'll get me the muffler... but should i ask for the remus instead ??

Is that the genuine Sportivo muffler as far as the same as the one we have on our sportivo's or is that the Toyota Genuine Sportivo Muffler Accessory???

If it is the Accessory Sportivo muffler, then around the $300 sounds about right for the price from memory, but you won't need to worry about pipe size differences as the accessory Sportivo muffler was designed for the 1ZZ...

If the muffler you are referring to is the actual one that comes with the Sportivo, then yeah, as Pippy said, you'll need to get it modified to fit the piping...

Cheers

Aaron

Is that the genuine Sportivo muffler as far as the same as the one we have on our sportivo's or is that the Toyota Genuine Sportivo Muffler Accessory???

If it is the Accessory Sportivo muffler, then around the $300 sounds about right for the price from memory, but you won't need to worry about pipe size differences as the accessory Sportivo muffler was designed for the 1ZZ...

If the muffler you are referring to is the actual one that comes with the Sportivo, then yeah, as Pippy said, you'll need to get it modified to fit the piping...

Cheers

Aaron

yeah, its the sportivo muffler accessory.. got quoted around $293 or so for it..

so its either that, or i'll think bout a remus