FOGLIGHTS FOGLIGHTS FOGLIGHTS!!!!

Evo7

• 1 month later...
Did you get your set?

What are they like?

Good, bad or indifferent?

soundbyte

Good Quality foglights, good pricing, i still have yet to get mine actually running... they are just for looks lol :lol:

Evo

Did you get your set?

What are they like?

Good, bad or indifferent?

soundbyte

Good Quality foglights, good pricing, i still have yet to get mine actually running... they are just for looks lol :lol:

Evo

Notice that you got it from Cars' R Us, which is the same seller that I got my ZRE fog lights from.

If they are anything like my ZRE foggies, they will be from very good quality. I got mine in 3 working days.

My fog lights arrived today from CarsRus and look very good, see eBay item number 380213273876 for similar item.

Die-cast casing with what looks like a hard plastic lens, fitted with 12v 55w 9006 Halogen globe.

Comes with good quality wiring loom and switch with an indicator so you can tell the fog lights are on, it is an insipid orange colour, that will have to be changed! Blue LED coming up.

There is the required mounting hardware for direction adjustment and a few cable ties.

Wiring should be straight forward and I will get to that this weekend hopefully.

Only down side is no installation instructions (they do tell you there are no instructions), but that should not be a problem.

I will follow up with description and photos if I get really eager.

soundbyte

• 1 month later...

Just to update my install.

Hardware went reasonably well but I did have to make two longer metal thread rods to mount the lights in the bumper as the one provided were not long enough.

Wiring was a different thing altogether.

Wiring loom seems to be made for a left hand drive and took a LOT of mods to get it installed as I like ie not much different to factory loom.

Most things you need are provided but you do have to cut and shut, move wires from one part to another and extend a couple of wires to reach the switch.

Wiring the LED's into the switch to replace the was difficult but I managed

I would say this is part NOT for the electrically challenged.

They do work OK, globe colour is very yellowish not white so that is OK for fog.

I am happy overall with the setup and for the price I think they were value for money.

Anyway that has been my experience YMMV.

soundbyte

ATTENTION ALL WITH Pre-facelifts,

Foglights for sale at long LAST!

CLICKY!!!

I am NOT missing out this time :P

Who wants a set?

i shall be buying a set in 5 mins :P ;)

Evo

Hey, Evo...

You seem to have an unlimited amount of resources with finding nicknacks here and there for your 1zz Rolla... :P

23634044.jpg

Would you happen to have seen fog lights being sold for the 05+ pre-facelift model? ( ^^ for this front bar?)

Cheers

-Steve

Edited by Squall0011

CLICKY!!!

Who wants a set?

Evo

Hey, Evo...

You seem to have an unlimited amount of resources with finding nicknacks here and there for your 1zz Rolla... :P

23634044.jpg

Would you happen to have seen fog lights being sold for the 05+ pre-facelift model? ( ^^ for this front bar?)

Cheers

-Steve

I don't know if the '05+ sedan/wagons come with the foglight harness pre-installed from factory (the '01+ sedan/wagons did). If it does, you can:

1. pick up these (and use the lamps only):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Corolla-04-07-Hatchback-Fog-Light-LHS-or-RHS_W0QQitemZ390178059785QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad86cb609#ht_500wt_948

(The 05+ sedan/wagons share the same foglight unit with the hatch)

2. Buy the 05+ sedan/wagon fog light shrouds from the dealer.

3. Then grab a Narva micro relay (the part number is on these forums somewhere..), and install that behind the coin box.

4. From there, either wire up your own push switch, or install the factory stalk from a Levin/Ultima (simple plug and play for the ZZE's - doesn't require removing steering wheel).

Hope that helps!

Edited by Kenneth.

CLICKY!!!

Who wants a set?

Evo

Hey, Evo...

23634044.jpg

Cheers

-Steve

I don't know if the '05+ sedan/wagons come with the foglight harness pre-installed from factory (the '01+ sedan/wagons did). If it does, you can:

1. pick up these (and use the lamps only):

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-Corolla-04-07-Hatchback-Fog-Light-LHS-or-RHS_W0QQitemZ390178059785QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5ad86cb609#ht_500wt_948

(The 05+ sedan/wagons share the same foglight unit with the hatch)

2. Buy the 05+ sedan/wagon fog light shrouds from the dealer.

3. Then grab a Narva micro relay (the part number is on these forums somewhere..), and install that behind the coin box.

4. From there, either wire up your own push switch, or install the factory stalk from a Levin/Ultima (simple plug and play for the ZZE's - doesn't require removing steering wheel).

Hope that helps!

Not bad... It's $120 for the lights, shipped, and $78 for each shroud...

Thanks!!!

-Steve

I got fined on Saturday night for having my foglights on. $40.

What, No warning first..?

Usually they warn you, unless your in Newcastle or Sydney...

But I suppose $40 isn't too bad I guess...

Edited by Squall0011