Sportivo....

Thanks for messaging me about the toyota at Collins street, would have gone down if I was by myself, but I had a few friends with me at City mazda and was hard to just leave them.

And you did get a photo of the Corolla....excellent!

Yes it did (in relation to the quick shifter). Also car is off to Toyota for a recall on the steering. Has anyone else had the letter.

Also car is about to have some performance work done on it in the next few days should be interesting to see how it goeeeeessss. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Well if thats the faclift, I'm staggered...the current Corolla has only been out for two years, and that photo shows major investment in new panels lights etc...although the wheels are the same as the conquest.

The lights look like the straighter UK 'Rolla ones, and I'm wondering if thats the new UK spec Avensis we're looking at... they do photo shoots all over the world these days..

http://www.toyota-europe.com/showroom/avensis/

it's just a bit bigger than the rolla but uses all the same running gear...

Shaohaok...where did you see the line drawings...???

Perhaps they're releasing the Avensis here or rebadging it as a 'Rolla.

Heres an italian link to the new Corolla Verso released in UK in May, same time as the new corolla is released here....

The front is almost identical to the Toyota seen in Melbourne by Orrock, magic photo btw mate..

http://www.infomotori.com/a_52_IT_5029_2.html

If toyotas going to compete with the new Astra and the Mazda3 they'l have to have a 'Rolla as good looking as this, I'm just spewin about my resale value...

Personally i dont like the look of the UK one, i dont mind the look of the one in the photo in melbourne

Personally I don't like either. It looks too much like the Civic 7th Gen. I prefer the look now. Though I would like to see the interior be improved on.

Acutaully saw that new corolla on collins last sunday

Had a word to the guys and they said they were taking some shots

of it for the launch of the corolla in may this year

The interior was nice and i like the new front bar and bumper.

But it was only the standard 100kw corolla.

I want the 2 door to come to OZ :D

Yes it did (in relation to the quick shifter). Also car is off to Toyota for a recall on the steering. Has anyone else had the letter.

Also car is about to have some performance work done on it in the next few days should be interesting to see how it goeeeeessss. :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Hey Peekay, i haven't received any letter. Did you experience problems with your steering? I am hoping they would recall for the gear selector cables and maybe the shock absorbers though, because these two seemed to be more of a problem :huh:

I went in to MCT today for my service. Asked about the recall to Steering, as mentioned in this forum (I did not receive letter). They replied that it only applies to early Sportivo Models, not the later ones.

I also asked about other problems, they replied, only the early builds.

Hope this helps.

just rang my dealership cause i saw sport1vo post and asked about the steering recall do you think they bothered to ring or write me a letter.

It is now booked in for Thursday for inspection - Mine was one of the first off the lot so it applied to my car.

What a crock - ud think they would ring or write your a letter explaining this but instead just by chance thanks to sport1vo i called them and enquired and found out it effects my car

What an absolute joke- thats pretty poor service from toyota, i think ill be telling them something on Thursday.

Im gonna suss out what other problems exsist on the earlier models

Guyz, you got me worried abit about the steering recall :( ...

Mine was build in May '03.

peekay/ Trd_141, what are your built date on your carz? also have they mention which builts are to be recall.

this is terrible service but most businesses behave this way. they will not take action until you make a lot of noise.

a fault with the steering wheel is alarming. trd141 you can help others who might have a faulty steering wheel.

when you are at the dealer please try to find out as much as you can about the fault/recall. is it an official recall from toyota australia? how long has this fault been known? what is needed to fix the fault?

if the person who is helping you cannot answer these questions please go to the manager for help. the information you gather can be taken to road authorities to follow up.

please get things in writing. if the dealer finds no fault with your steering wheel please ask for an invoice for evidence.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok dudes

I took my car into a Toyota Dealer to see if the rattles and other problems to get fixed.

They replied; after having a good look at it, Toyota are aware of the problem and devloping a fix, ETA unknown.

What they did do is take my rego, VIN and other details and sent them to Toyota as a complaint. This was also documented in the receipt. They also said to call them every second month for an update.

What does this mean. All Sportivo's experiencing problems should go to their dealer, get them checked out, documented and sent to Toyota.

If enough complaints reach Toyota, they will be forced into a recall.

Hope this helps.

Sport1vo