Sportivo....

Not sure how accurate this info is... but i heard today that Penrith Toyota is getting 170kw out of modded Toyotas. Not sure on the mods, but i heard the info from an employee.

Might be worthwhile if someone who uses Penrith Toyota asks next time they are in there with their car. I'm not really sure where you could pick up the 30kw... so it might not be entirely accurate.

30 Kw shouldnt be that hard to get surely?

anyone got some dyno readouts after installing CAI????

A chip adds 15 - 18 Kw

and im getting the details on the new extractors from TRD.......

speaking of which has anyone had their stock Stivo on the Dyno??? im thinking of taking mine to ol mate Romano racing and seeing what it really is out of the box :)

Absolutely bog standard no mods my Stivo turned 138.8hp on a Dyno Dynamics machine.. Havent had it back with the mods.... Seemed a little low at the time... I think it had like 1600ks on it at the time... But Id be interested to see what it does now.. Nearly 19k..

Mr Duck: To be honest, i haven't actually, because i've still got under 5,000km on the clock. Although, Xoom (Bill) has had his car on the dyno and puts out 103kw at the wheels...that's 134kw at the flywheel. not bad, for a 35+ degrees day. :)

My car is booked in to be dynoed this week. and the xforce muffler installed (bolt on and off flange) this friday....ready for the Team GODspeed cruise this saturday to Bathurst. ;)

Xoom has a little suprise being installed this wednesday....so let's just say..he'll be able to smash most of us...

141kw stock + chip (10-18kw) + exhaust (3-8kw) + CAI (5kw) that's just under 170kw at the fly. So, it's not impossible.

My dealer told me that one of his customers has installed a chip to allow him to REV to 9,000rpm and has replaced the cams with bigger ones. So, lift last that extra longer..and it hits harder too. OUCH! :o :blink::huh:

and it's really really quick. :ph34r:

if you have more than 10,000km on the clock..the car should be well run in by then and loose enough to show it's full potential. :D :lol: :P ;) :)

sourcing more power from a NA engine thats just about at its peak is extremely stressful for the motor :( sorry for sounding like an old women. i ll be happy with CAI and a decent muffler :D . Cams and revised computers and injectors equal lots of money, insurance and warranty problems and reduce the life of the engine, suspension and braking system.

having said that in a few months when some of u guys do some serious mods that produce some killer performance, like a sheep i will follow :lol:

30 Kw shouldnt be that hard to get surely?

anyone got some dyno readouts after installing CAI????

A chip adds 15 - 18 Kw

and im getting the details on the new extractors from TRD.......

speaking of which has anyone had their stock Stivo on the Dyno??? im thinking of taking mine to ol mate Romano racing and seeing what it really is out of the box :)

if someone can organise a dyno day? id go on the dyno i got CAI!

-Mike

Mr Duck: To be honest, i haven't actually, because i've still got under 5,000km on the clock. Although, Xoom (Bill) has had his car on the dyno and puts out 103kw at the wheels...that's 134kw at the flywheel. not bad, for a 35+ degrees day. :)

My car is booked in to be dynoed this week. and the xforce muffler installed (bolt on and off flange) this friday....ready for the Team GODspeed cruise this saturday to Bathurst. ;)

Xoom has a little suprise being installed this wednesday....so let's just say..he'll be able to smash most of us...

141kw stock + chip (10-18kw) + exhaust (3-8kw) + CAI (5kw) that's just under 170kw at the fly. So, it's not impossible.

My dealer told me that one of his customers has installed a chip to allow him to REV to 9,000rpm and has replaced the cams with bigger ones. So, lift last that extra longer..and it hits harder too. OUCH! :o :blink::huh:

and it's really really quick. :ph34r:

if you have more than 10,000km on the clock..the car should be well run in by then and loose enough to show it's full potential. :D :lol: :P ;) :)

chris that engine would last all of one year by the sounds of it. These mods are nice, but as a daily driver, is he rapes the **** out of his engine, how long do you really think it will last, before something goes wrong. Also you forgot, addding a mugen sticker to the front screen is good for 5kw, so he'll be like 175kws

illuminati, i have been scanning the matrix/vibe owners club in the states and the majority are happy with the additional performance that a lightweight flywheel gives, esp a Fidanza (7.5 pounds) made from aluminium. However, from what i've read, keeping in lift is no easier as the revs drop quicker when your off the clutch. This is definately on the mods list though ;)

sourcing more power from a NA engine thats just about at its peak is extremely stressful for the motor :( sorry for sounding like an old women. i ll be happy with CAI and a decent muffler :D . Cams and revised computers and injectors equal lots of money, insurance and warranty problems and reduce the life of the engine, suspension and braking system.

having said that in a few months when some of u guys do some serious mods that produce some killer performance, like a sheep i will follow :lol:

It might reduce the engine's lifespan, but how long you plan to keep the car for, Id hate to own a sportivo that has done 150+ K's. Ive also heard of a endurance test where the 2zz-ge was revved at 11,000rpm and it lasted for around 48 hours before it blew up. Now that is pretty damn good, so the internals must be very strong.

i will more then likely get the CAI & xhaust, then enjoy the car till it hits 100k, then its bye bye hopefully by then toyota will increase the capacity and performance of the 1.8 vvtl-i, like honda has with its vtec on the new integra's up from 1.8 - 2 litres the extra torque would be nice.

cheers

<rollin>, after posting that i was thinking ofgetting a lightweight flywheel i went to my mates(hes a mecahinc) and he said that it would make the car rev quiker, but it may make it idle like ****, unless u got the engine balanced(which costs a **** load).

so the trd fly wheel weighs 7.5lb... do u kno how much the normal one weighs?

can u post a link to the site where u got that info for me mate?

• 4 weeks later...

Guys

Any recommedations on intake and exhaust mods for Sportivo Corolla 03/04. Any vendors/suppliers/fitters in Melbourne? Have heard from Penrith Toyota TRD exhasut for Sportivo Corolla is $1700 ouch :o . Would prefer TRD as dealers will extend warranty.

Cheers

<rollin>, after posting that i was thinking ofgetting a lightweight flywheel i went to my mates(hes a mecahinc) and he said that it would make the car rev quiker, but it may make it idle like ****, unless u got the engine balanced(which costs a **** load).

so the trd fly wheel weighs 7.5lb... do u kno how much the normal one weighs?

can u post a link to the site where u got that info for me mate?

i don't think a lighter flywheel would affect idling.

peekay34, can you tell me the part number when you get it. i would really appreciate it as i too will probably buy the full trd system(headers at least). thanx.

shaohaok, a lightweight flywheel would mayb not effect idle, but it would make take off more dificult in a street car. the flywheel is just like a weight that keeps everything spinning(basically). ive decided its a very bad idea for a street car as it would make it a hassle to drive in traffic.

peekay34, can you tell me the part number when you get it. i would really appreciate it as i too will probably buy the full trd system(headers at least). thanx.

shaohaok, a lightweight flywheel would mayb not effect idle, but it would make take off more dificult in a street car. the flywheel is just like a weight that keeps everything spinning(basically). ive decided its a very bad idea for a street car as it would make it a hassle to drive in traffic.

have u driven a car with a one??

NEXT WEEKEND! :)

i cant wait. sleepless nights are ahead. :D

for a breif moment i was looking at other cars(106 gti, clio sprot) but after driving them i have relised that i was wasting my time and the extra money for them was not worth it at all.

i am so excited.

all im planning is a lightwiehgt flywheel, pulleys and trd xtractors(mayb).

i seriously would NOT recommend going with lightweight pulleys, esp for the crank pulley.

Crank pulleys are what's known as a "harmonic balancer", which dampens vibrations and non-concentric movement in the crankshaft. Removing it and replacing with a lightweight alluminium/billet, or especially an underdrive type will cause some serious issues in the long run - ESPECIALLY with the rpm that is involved with the 2zz-ge.

have a read of this:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=m...1661991d9612ab9

there are some good links as to why you shouldnt do it.

As for modifying the 2zz-ge. Personally i dont think there is *too* much more you can get out of such a highly strung 1.8L NA motor. I think that a bit of tubo/supercharging would yeild the best gains for the money outlaid (forget the $8000 HKS supercharger kit - DIY!). Cams, chips, tuning, flywheels, TRD CAI's, TRD exhaust etc will eventually rack up a few thousand dollars worth of modifying that might yeild a 10-20% performance gain.

That money spend on forced induction alernatives could potentially reap much bigger rewards.

PLUS - you would be a pioneer!