Paradigm's Aurion ZR6

Foss

Well, I spent about 5 hours detailing the exterior of my car today, so I figured while its nice and sunny I'd give my lady some camera-lovin'.

Then I felt it was appropriate to start up a 'members ride' topic.

See my sig. for current and planned mods.

P1220029.jpg

P1220015.jpg

P1220017.jpg

P1220016.jpg

P1220013.jpg

And the gear in the boot (nowhere near finished!)...

P1220022.jpg

P1220020.jpg

Looking great there mate. Keep up the detailing. She will love you for it. Shame I don't have that much passion in detailing the exterior of my car like that anymore. I need a respray on the front end before I will start caring for it again.

I'm looking forward to your ICE project completion. That will be wicked.

Cheers guys. Yeah damn right the boot needs a vac. The whole interior needs vacing, dusting, and I need to figure out a way to polish out the fine scratches that the previous owner left in the paint on the centre console. I'm hoping a bit of hardcore cut'n'polishing will do the trick, but I'm not putting too much faith in it.

I'm looking forward to your ICE project completion. That will be wicked.

So am I! :lol:

Bloody bills have set back the ordering of my touchscreen for a few weeks. Well that and the fact that I'm not willing to commit to buying a screen thats not double-din until I get the fascia into my local auto paint supplier and get them to match up a color for me. I'm not about to hack up the Toyota fascia or the fascia of a $200+ touchscreen and moulding them together without having a near perfect color match of the paint finish to spray my customised fascia with.

I'm envious of your uber blue sky..

Who would have thought we'd get days like this in Tassie?! Its been like it for the best part of the last month or two. If you'd have told me 5 years ago that we'd be getting summers like this down here, I'd have told you to pull the other one!

• 1 month later...

Been thinking for a while about refinishing the silver parts of my dash and the rest of my interior. I've been thinking of scrapping silver all together in favour of a deep gloss metallic black, using a clear-over-base finish like the exterior paintwork. After some of the guys in the Aurion section refinished theirs in a carbon fiber vinyl, I decided to pull out the roll of carbon fibre I had left over from doing the interior of my old car and give it a burl.

The carbon fibre is just a temporary finish, to see how I feel about the dark gloss look in their before I actually go out and paint it. So far I'm liking it.

Heres the photos...

P1000206.jpg

P1000209.jpg

P1000208.jpg

P1000207.jpg

• 2 months later...

Eyelids came in from RStyle yesterday, so after picking up the last of the stuff I needed today, this evening has been taken up painting them. Theres still a bit of work to be done. I've left them to set for the night, so tomorrow night the finish should be well and truly ready to sand and cut/polish/wax, and hopefully they'll come out at smooth and glossy as the rest of my car. Then I can fit them.

img038.jpg

img037.jpg

• 3 months later...

Figured I should post up some updates. Done a few bits and pieces over the last couple of months.

1. Eyelids

11092010002.jpg

11092010003.jpg

2. Shiny metallic blue calipers. Red ones are dime a dozen, and I think blue looks tops on the white car. Eventually the cool looking caliper paint job may be complimented by a set of DBA 4000 series slotted rotors, but theres more important things to do first.

11092010004.jpg

11092010005.jpg

3. Ultra Racing front strut brace. So she corners just that little bit better.

11092010009.jpg

11092010010.jpg

4. Double-Wall 3" stainless tips. No other exhaust mods done, don't see the point in forking out $1k for the minimal gain to be had, plus I changed them more for cosmetics than anything, coz I was just over looking at those crappy $5-Supercheap-ish stock chrome things.

tips.jpg

5. High-Gloss Metallic Black interior refinish. Can't see the metallic real well in these photos, but when its in direct sunlight or bright light it looks great. When theres no light on it, its just piano black, and looks like black glass.

18092010021.jpg

18092010026.jpg

18092010027.jpg

18092010032.jpg

I've also done the door grip inserts and the silver door garnishes, pics to come. Eventually I'll do the climate control unit and head unit facia, and I'm gonna take out the remaining stock silver painted bits around the shifter and storage box and have them nickel plated for a mirror chrome finish.

Next stop, rims!

Cheers, dudes.

that black looks hell awsome what did u use?

Paint. Same type of stuff your car is painted with. Similar process, too. Went down to my local auto paint supplier and got them to mix me up some piano black and thow some fine metallic in it.

I posted a tutorial on the process here.

Looking really good mate,love the piano black,well done...and hows the handeling with the new front strut bar?

almost time for the rear sway and some coliovers B)

Cheers

Lee

looking good there bro, for a moment there i thought u had a professional to take those interior pics. then i saw the scuf marks on the map holder on the drivers side and the reflection of u on the painted centre console :P

• 5 weeks later...

Looking really good mate,love the piano black,well done...and hows the handeling with the new front strut bar?

almost time for the rear sway and some coliovers B)

Cheers

Lee

Cheers mate. Yeah, handling is somewhat improved. She doesn't seem to fight as much around corners, so she's a good thing. Rear sway and coilovers are on my to do list, but a while off while I get cashed up a bit. Gonna probably throw some low Kings or something under there for now. Won't be a massive improvement, but still hopefully better than stock.

looking good there bro, for a moment there i thought u had a professional to take those interior pics. then i saw the scuf marks on the map holder on the drivers side and the reflection of u on the painted centre console :P

Just my mad GIMP/Photoshop skillz in action :lol:

How can u add a subwoofer in the stock stereo???

You can. Not as easy as adding one to an aftermarket HU though. As Hamster said above, I've got an aftermarket Pioneer. Shoot Adamsy a PM, he has a sub on his stock unit, he might be able to better help. There may also be something in the Aurion FAQ.

How much does the CF interior cost? I love it! Looks great! :)

I bought the stuff years ago to put in my old car, but never used it. Bought it from Rvinyl.com. If memory servers it cost me roughly AUD$100 for a roll of carbon fibre and a roll of brushed stainless finish.

These are some awesome mods mate..love your ZR6 :) I was wondering did the front strut bar increase a lot more front cornering? because the sportivo already has pretty stiff sports suspensions which i feel is bloody good when cornering..in fact i corner like i have no brakes :P

And are you going to do any mods to the headlights? Because i am thinking of getting whiter halogens instead of going for HIDs because i had to remove my HIDs from my other car when i went over pits..so really in a confusion as to go for the white halogens (which is just little white and no where like HIDs) or put on the HIDs..bloody legal issues..i am guessing with the projector lens, the whiter halogens would looks good and not that bad..

lol is that the foam seal behind the mirror or have you chipped the corner already? better not of done otherwise that day was a complete fail haha.

Anybody else wants this done send them down to paradigm we had great fun fulling the mirror apart and putting it back together hay? hahahahahha

• 5 weeks later...

In addition to paradigm's piano black finish interior, we have had a play around with th standard trim colour in my car and have now got that to have a gloss finish aswell. for images of the finished product have a look in gallery :)

• 4 months later...

Got a Davies Craig transmission cooler over the weekend and mounted it yesterday. Just used the 2 studs that are there for the genuine one and created some custom aluminium brackets to mount it. Getting it plumbed in tomorrow when I take her in for a service.

P1000636.jpg

P1000637.jpg

Speaking of service, its 90,000km service time now. Not bothering with plugs etc, don't really feel they need doing just yet, so its just oil, filters and brake fluid. Adamsy hooked me up with some TRD fluid thats apparently safe for use in Aurion and good for 280o so I'm going to throw that in her and see how she goes. Was hoping to have some braided lines to go get installed while getting the fluid changed, but we haven't been in touch with our local who's making them, so they'll have to wait.

Heres whats going into her tomorrow...

P1000640.jpg

Gonna take her for a test drive through some twisties tomorrow after the service, put the new brake fluid and trans cooler through their paces. Here's hoping for some improvements.