Paradigm's Aurion ZR6

Foss

Is that a DOT 5 brake fluid? I'm not sure whether or not TRDs come out from the factory with a DOT 5 fluid, but it's not recommended to change to DOT 5 if you've previously had a DOT 3,4 or 5.1 in there.

I'd recommend a decent quality DOT 5.1 oil, however if that's what you got then please ignore :unsure:

Is that a DOT 5 brake fluid? I'm not sure whether or not TRDs come out from the factory with a DOT 5 fluid, but it's not recommended to change to DOT 5 if you've previously had a DOT 3,4 or 5.1 in there.

I'd recommend a decent quality DOT 5.1 oil, however if that's what you got then please ignore :unsure:

I really have to credit Adamsy for the research and making-of-enquiries, I just jumped on the "grab me one while you're at it" bandwagon. :lol:

Therefore I'm not 100% on this, so don't quote me, but I believe its a DOT 5.1 or something very similar to it. Apparently there's only this and another high performance fluid that are ok for Aurion. With a bit of luck Adamsy will spot this and confirm all this for me.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Now with RDA slotted front rotors. No noticeable increase in braking performance over good condition stock rotors (but then, I didn't expect there to be), though an obvious performance increase over my old scored warped ones.

But they look pretty. And slotted rotors = +10kw, brah!

P1000757.jpg

P1000766.jpg

P1000764.jpg

(Yes, I know my wheels are covered in filth and sh!t. No they haven't been cleaned in 2 months.)

Looks the goods. As with all updated brakes not noticing any around town difference is actually a good thing - but they'll come into their own once you get some heat through them :yahoo:

I really have to credit Adamsy for the research and making-of-enquiries, I just jumped on the "grab me one while you're at it" bandwagon. :lol:

Therefore I'm not 100% on this, so don't quote me, but I believe its a DOT 5.1 or something very similar to it. Apparently there's only this and another high performance fluid that are ok for Aurion. With a bit of luck Adamsy will spot this and confirm all this for me.

This is Genuine TRD fluid, Direct from Japan Designed for use in our local Toyota's and as far as the technical centre here in Australia is concerned only this and Castrol SRF are deemed ok for use in Aurion and TRD Aurion PBR sourced brake system :)

Aurion: Now with Lift!

P1000666.jpg

(OK, so we think we're funny :lol:)

I wish i could say i was under the influence when this idea popped into my head haha

Now with RDA slotted front rotors. No noticeable increase in braking performance over good condition stock rotors (but then, I didn't expect there to be), though an obvious performance increase over my old scored warped ones.

But they look pretty. And slotted rotors = +10kw, brah!

P1000757.jpg

P1000766.jpg

P1000764.jpg

(Yes, I know my wheels are covered in filth and sh!t. No they haven't been cleaned in 2 months.)

Midnight mechanics did good again lol!

• 2 months later...

OK, some minor changes. Got some lights from RStyle to replace the reflectors in the rear bumper. I got clear ones to match those clear taillights off the Thai hybrid model when I eventually get some.

P1000784.jpg

P1000786.jpg

P10007851.jpg

And nope, nobody's run off with my rear skirt. I took it off for reasons to be revealed next week.

Minor changes part II:

While getting my bumper (amongst other things) painted the other week, I had them paint the black plastics around the lower grille and fog lamps, colormatched to the black/grey of the Sportivo grille.

P1000788.jpg

P1000789.jpg

P1000792.jpg

P1000794.jpg

Rear lights look great, I might have to get me a set but looks like a hassle to put in unless of course you know what you're doing.

Cheers mate. They're actually not that hard to do. They come pre-wired and have the connectors in the pack to tap into your existing taillight wiring. Didn't do it by the packet though - I added my own extra connections behind the bumper, and soldered everything instead of using the included taps. Even with my extra work, the whole job took me an hour tops.

Awesome mods... esp love the colour coded side mirrors and repainted matt black trims...

Can you please tell me where you sourced your Double-Wall 3" stainless tips from and approx price???

how much should i be looking at to get a professional to weld these on? and would you be able to give me the details of the place you bought them from please? i'd be keen to have them posted up...

@Cal, Wouldn't have a clue on price, you'd be best to call up an exhaust shop and ask how much to cut your tips off and weld new ones on. As for the place, was my local Carline Exhaust shop. Most exhaust shops would have a similar if not identical product available, and they'd probably be cheaper too when you take into account the cost of shipping some from Tas.

@Jeffy, Go for it mate.

that's awesome, we have a carline mufflers here in cairns... do you have any of the details for the tips avail? (diameter, style or even a product number?)

thanks for your help...

Carline shops are mostly independently owned. The tips my local shop sells may be from a different supplier than yours. All I can tell you is that they are 3" double walled, angle-cut stainless tips. If I had my time over, I'd get 4" next time, but they're probably a bit more expensive. Adamsy has Supercat brand ones that are almost identical to mine, except his are 4". Whichever way you go, you may need them cut off at the back before they weld them on or they may stick out too far from your bumper. Make sure you let your installer know that you want the top edge to line up with the bumper.

Aurion: Now with Lift!

P1000666.jpg

(OK, so we think we're funny :lol:)

Sad thing is i don't think we had being drinking when the idea randomly came outta my gob hahaha :toast: