Meguiar's Pricing

u54mot

Since a lot of people on this forum use Meguiar's, let's start listing the lowest prices on each Meguiar's products...(store and state)

I think i'll start...and maybe it'll be a good idea to just copy and append the list...

(and just list the normal prices)....and maybe separate things that are on special at a certain date...separately.

Here it goes...

Hot Shine Tyre Spray (Aerosol) $15.92 [bigW-NSW] (I think this is like $24 at Super Cheap)

Ultimate Quick Wax $26.98 [sCA-NSW]

Ultimate Quick Detailer $28.87 [sCA-NSW]

Wet Look $20.84 [sCA-NSW]

Deep Crystal System Polish $20.97 [sCA-NSW]

that is all i can remember for now.

(Abbreviations: A1-AutoOne/SCA-SuperCheapAuto/Rep-Repco....the rest i think you can make up)

Edited by u54mot

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, updated list on the products

SCA has 15% off all the range of Meguiars Products

These are the ones I got today:

Wash NXT generation: $22.09

Polish Deep Crystal: $17.82

Polish Paint Cleaner: $14.44

Wash Mitt (Lambs Wool): $18.95

Clay Bar Kit: $29.74

Chamois Microwipe Meguilars: $24.95

All from VIC!

• 1 month later...

I know it's not technically a price, but seeings it's a thread for Meguairs products I thought I'd add to it - I just found out that the Slide Lock Detail Brush and the Triple Duty Detail Brush are actually discontinued items... Considering I've paid for both as a "pre-order" of sorts at Autobarn I'm hoping the Vic Sales manager is true to his word in saying he can track them down for me!

There's a pretty limited range here in Bendigo, Autobarn seems to be the best, with Super Cheap Auto only having the most popular/basic ones (they didn't have any Ultimate Compound). Thank god for the 20% off vouchers available on dealbusters.com.au so I can shop at Autobarn and not get totally ripped off.

Can anyone recommend a good store/stockist in Sydney? Might have to buy some more supplies for future while I'm up in Sydney for the meet!

I know it's not technically a price, but seeings it's a thread for Meguairs products I thought I'd add to it - I just found out that the Slide Lock Detail Brush and the Triple Duty Detail Brush are actually discontinued items... Considering I've paid for both as a "pre-order" of sorts at Autobarn I'm hoping the Vic Sales manager is true to his word in saying he can track them down for me!

There's a pretty limited range here in Bendigo, Autobarn seems to be the best, with Super Cheap Auto only having the most popular/basic ones (they didn't have any Ultimate Compound). Thank god for the 20% off vouchers available on dealbusters.com.au so I can shop at Autobarn and not get totally ripped off.

Can anyone recommend a good store/stockist in Sydney? Might have to buy some more supplies for future while I'm up in Sydney for the meet!

while your up here i guess you could try the maguiars H/O in silverwater, not sure about pricing there though

• 3 weeks later...

SCA has a 20% off voucher if u register online for their e-news... but again the meguiar's range prices have gone up......................................

i purchased mine from the states when the AUD was at 95cents per 1USD. I have a forum friend there who is more than willing to do it for me.

of course he would charge a premium for the trouble and organisation to ship it here, but the premium he charges and shipping costs STILL outweigh the individual cost of products purchased here at retail or distributor level.

For instance, Meg's Retail Clay Bar here can only be purchased with a Clay Bar Kit at RRP 35AUD.

I use another of Meg's lubricant at cheaper prices, e.g. 1:1 Dilution of Meg's Last Touch, which incidently is the same as Meg's Quik Detailer, bar the lubrication concentration, colour and smell. You can purchase Last Touch via ordering from any Auto retailer.

I then purchased 4 tubs of Megs Mirror Glaze Mild Clay Bar from the states at $25AUD each (2months ago) including shipping, and each of these claybars are exactly the same to the retail level, but they are 200G instead of 50G. Do the math, its tons cheaper. AutoBarn & SuperCheap want $90AUD for this because that's what Meg's Australia want them for. In the states, they are 12.99USD or less each.

I find when the Aussie dollar is strong, i go on a mass Meg's shopping spree before the AUD dives again like it is now at 83cents per 1USD

I also purchase alot of other non australian released products from the states, and they are valued as Gold Collectables here because we will never get our hands on them i.e Megs M16,M19&M26 tins, M08 tin, & GC tin.

Ebay can be a good source.

Edited by Wixy

I ended up purchasing my G220 locally then buying the 2.0 Pads and backing plate from the US. I also bought 1Gal of M205, 32Oz of M105 and 1Gal of M83 from the US as well. Saved me around $200-300 over buying it locally but cost over $100 in freight. The advantage with buying from the US is that you can access a lot of the other products that are not sold in Australia.

I ended up purchasing my G220 locally then buying the 2.0 Pads and backing plate from the US. I also bought 1Gal of M205, 32Oz of M105 and 1Gal of M83 from the US as well. Saved me around $200-300 over buying it locally but cost over $100 in freight. The advantage with buying from the US is that you can access a lot of the other products that are not sold in Australia.

Where did you source the products from?

usually you need a relative, or in my case, i just made online geekery friends with some on Meg's Online Forums. Those who detail cars as business will be more than happy to help you post stuff here, because as far as they are concerned, they make more $$$ off us Aussies than selling their stock to normal people. Costco and Walmart there do CRAZY deals on Meguiar's gear. Like....really crazy.

They usually source their Megs gear from autodetailingsolutions

Edited by Wixy

M205 and M105 are the best combo you can get and achieve the best results with your G200/Megs DA.

I still have my 105/205 half full eventhough i've used it thousands of times its ridiculous. just doesnt seem to run out. Megs Aust sell M105/205 here but its still currently a non DA approved version, in which case when you do use it with a DA, its a tad hard to rid the residue.

Unfortunately http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/ won't ship internationally, but their prices were the lowest I could find. I ended up ordering the products through http://www.properautocare.com/ who price matched some of ADS's prices and gave a discount on other products. Very few of the online detailing suppliers in the US will ship outside the US & Canada.

I found that I had to buy in bulk quantities to make it worthwhile, otherwise the freight was a killer. For most stuff it's cheaper to go through your local autoshop. For the professional stuff which isn't available through retail I've used http://www.zas.com.au/.

M205 and M105 are the best combo you can get and achieve the best results with your G200/Megs DA.

I still have my 105/205 half full eventhough i've used it thousands of times its ridiculous. just doesnt seem to run out. Megs Aust sell M105/205 here but its still currently a non DA approved version, in which case when you do use it with a DA, its a tad hard to rid the residue.

I have found the combo to work so well that I've never even tried the M83 I purchased (which isn't available here).

I have found the combo to work so well that I've never even tried the M83 I purchased (which isn't available here).

Thats because the successor of M83 is the wonderful combo of M105/205.

another useful one is D151 Megs detailer line paint reconditioning cream. it is, if youre crash hot for time, the best with your DA/G220.

its originally for dealers and mass production detailing shops, but it works wonders because its a one stop shop for scratch/swirl removal and then wax protection - kinda like the Megs cleaner wax line and products, but much more effective.

it also uber on headlights and sidemirror plastics - as documented on MOL with pro's trying it out.

if you have a light coloured car, it also rids grey metal stains instantly! so usually if you want optical clarity under 30mins, D151 followed by UQW or Nxt Tech 2.0 and that thing will bead & protect for months with constant maintainence.

Some very useful info here - am going to have to check out those websites referred to above when I have a bit more time :D Perhaps we should try and get a group buy together if you need to buy in bulk quantities to get it shipped here?

Getting that organised now. I have someone willing in the US who will ship who has dealt with us on Auscam/TOCAU before :)

:yahoo: Count me in!! :D

id have to agree with the 205.. best stuff ive used... however i do disagree on the non da approved statement... i ordered mine through repco here in perth and it is the current bottle, with instructions for use with DA?

wixy - id be interested to hear what your take on m16 is... from all accounts on the MOL forums it seems to be a great wax, but discontinued and hard to find a place that will ship it internationally....

Edited by -DAvo

id have to agree with the 205.. best stuff ive used... however i do disagree on the non da approved statement... i ordered mine through repco here in perth and it is the current bottle, with instructions for use with DA?

wixy - id be interested to hear what your take on m16 is... from all accounts on the MOL forums it seems to be a great wax, but discontinued and hard to find a place that will ship it internationally....

i purchased mine when meg's australia first released the m105/205, and both werent da approved. at that point in time the states just released a new formulation with m105/205 da approved, hence i have the retarded version 1.0 non DA business. it still works ok with a DA but as said, non DA approved, so residue is hard to rid even with a HQ microfibre. the version 1.0 also clogs up your polishing pad much easier than the version 2.0 apparently, as it took megs australia YEARS to start selling the 7' polishing pads (which are machine washable) as supposed to the original 6.5' non machine washable. they are avaliable now but geezz im sure megs states have a new 7' pad that can be ultra efficient.

m16 is good, but in winter can be a tad hard to use as if your wintering waxing makes the wax set in can. need to warm it up a tad to achieve optimum results lol. i've only used it once in summer, and it lasted all summer with UQD between washes. i did the squeak test everytime i washed to see if the m16 was still there, and yes it was. the most durable wax prolli ever made by megs, in controlled conditions i wouldnt be surprised if it lasted 6 months on a daily drive with little maintanence - hence i dont use it often because its the best.

u'll need to find someone willing to sell u a tin from the states, someone who went out and purchased around 50tins (there are ppl like them out there). i think the states have finally stop selling them via exclusive traders due to stock.

EDIT: its a pitty we both have white cars :blink::help:

Edited by Wixy

i purchased mine when meg's australia first released the m105/205, and both werent da approved. at that point in time the states just released a new formulation with m105/205 da approved, hence i have the retarded version 1.0 non DA business. it still works ok with a DA but as said, non DA approved, so residue is hard to rid even with a HQ microfibre. the version 1.0 also clogs up your polishing pad much easier than the version 2.0 apparently, as it took megs australia YEARS to start selling the 7' polishing pads (which are machine washable) as supposed to the original 6.5' non machine washable. they are avaliable now but geezz im sure megs states have a new 7' pad that can be ultra efficient.

m16 is good, but in winter can be a tad hard to use as if your wintering waxing makes the wax set in can. need to warm it up a tad to achieve optimum results lol. i've only used it once in summer, and it lasted all summer with UQD between washes. i did the squeak test everytime i washed to see if the m16 was still there, and yes it was. the most durable wax prolli ever made by megs, in controlled conditions i wouldnt be surprised if it lasted 6 months on a daily drive with little maintanence - hence i dont use it often because its the best.

u'll need to find someone willing to sell u a tin from the states, someone who went out and purchased around 50tins (there are ppl like them out there). i think the states have finally stop selling them via exclusive traders due to stock.

EDIT: its a pitty we both have white cars :blink::help:

yeah i know what you mean about the pads... i spent up big on the older style of pads, and now their basically useless to me. as i have replaced them with the newer generation pads...

good report on the M16 as well! if i could get my hands on some it would definately be tempting! im currently testing out how good the new gold class plus is in botht eh liquid and paste forms... so far so good... wasnt a big fan of the original gold class due to its durability issues.. hence why i switched to NXT 2.0 and M21... but will see... the weather we're getting in perth should hold as a good test for the wax.. has big shoes to fill on a white car thou, as nxt 2.0 still reigns supreme in my eyes for durability and looks...

and it is a shame that we botho have white cars... :P but that wont stop me! haha

would love to see some of your work mate, dont see many detailed white cars around here!

yeah i know what you mean about the pads... i spent up big on the older style of pads, and now their basically useless to me. as i have replaced them with the newer generation pads...

good report on the M16 as well! if i could get my hands on some it would definately be tempting! im currently testing out how good the new gold class plus is in botht eh liquid and paste forms... so far so good... wasnt a big fan of the original gold class due to its durability issues.. hence why i switched to NXT 2.0 and M21... but will see... the weather we're getting in perth should hold as a good test for the wax.. has big shoes to fill on a white car thou, as nxt 2.0 still reigns supreme in my eyes for durability and looks...

and it is a shame that we botho have white cars... :P but that wont stop me! haha

would love to see some of your work mate, dont see many detailed white cars around here!

lol, no worries. i'll see if i can dig up some photos of some jobs i've done. i tend to not bother about surface removal of my white camry, i just clay and wax it lots. i find that seeing its white, any surface defect removal will go to a waste, as the only time you can see the swirls/cobwebs via a naked eye is in direct sunlight, BUT when you do THAT, the surface is too prestine and reflective, and all you'll do is blind yourself just like looking at a dude wear ultra bright pink shirts. so with nxt 2.0, it conceals most of the swirls/cobwebs and does a gr8 job of it too. the most important thing i find with whites cars are the reflection factor. so wax achieves that a-ok!

also, surface removal on white surface is a nightmare. solid white paint is the hardest pigment known to man. solid black pain is the softest pigment. so scratch and swirl removal on white solid paints are pointless, not only are you not getting eye-for-value, but you'll be spending years maintaining the white surface, its ridiculous. white is the hardest paint to remove.

oh, and, sorry to burst your bubble....Meg's NXT Tech 2.0 is the same as M21, and vice versa. It was confirmed by meg's training director when it was released. the reason for the different packing and smell was...well...the demand for a non retail product professional looking wax. It is also body shop safe for brand new 1sec old fresh paint applications. so...yea...might just wanna stick to Nxt Tech 2.0 cuz its better for your nose LOL!

let me know how the new GC+ is, cuz i've never been a fan of GC Original!

lol, no worries. i'll see if i can dig up some photos of some jobs i've done. i tend to not bother about surface removal of my white camry, i just clay and wax it lots. i find that seeing its white, any surface defect removal will go to a waste, as the only time you can see the swirls/cobwebs via a naked eye is in direct sunlight, BUT when you do THAT, the surface is too prestine and reflective, and all you'll do is blind yourself just like looking at a dude wear ultra bright pink shirts. so with nxt 2.0, it conceals most of the swirls/cobwebs and does a gr8 job of it too. the most important thing i find with whites cars are the reflection factor. so wax achieves that a-ok!

also, surface removal on white surface is a nightmare. solid white paint is the hardest pigment known to man. solid black pain is the softest pigment. so scratch and swirl removal on white solid paints are pointless, not only are you not getting eye-for-value, but you'll be spending years maintaining the white surface, its ridiculous. white is the hardest paint to remove.

oh, and, sorry to burst your bubble....Meg's NXT Tech 2.0 is the same as M21, and vice versa. It was confirmed by meg's training director when it was released. the reason for the different packing and smell was...well...the demand for a non retail product professional looking wax. It is also body shop safe for brand new 1sec old fresh paint applications. so...yea...might just wanna stick to Nxt Tech 2.0 cuz its better for your nose LOL!

let me know how the new GC+ is, cuz i've never been a fan of GC Original!

yeah i realized they were the same after reading on the forum a year or so back. but decided to try it out anyway...

i hear you on the white paint thing... but i can put up with the endless hours of work on it thou :P in my eyes it will be great and thats what im after anyway :P

yeah i also was never a fan of the original gold class... tbh i dont think id be buying the GC+ again after i use it... the shine and reflection is great but still doesnt have the protection and weater beading that nxt does.

i rate it on a darker paint thou but for white, and for winter... nxt FTW