Johnnie Levin ZR 2008

johnnieboi

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feeling like a noob here. I sometimes have problems engaging in reverse when I'm in a rush and don't pull up the lockout ring completely. I hope that's what you're getting. Good job with the headers.

Nah thats not what im getting dude. Im engaged already in gear and it made a sound while depressing clutch slowly.

Try putting it in 3rd first then reverse, i find that helps.

Feeling like a noob here. I sometimes have problems engaging in reverse when I'm in a rush and don't pull up the lockout ring completely. I hope that's what you're getting. Good job with the headers.

If you have problems engaging reverse put it into 1st first then back into reverse.

Good work Johnny! You can buy Duy around Winton easy now. :spiteful: And about the squeaking, how would changing headers affect the clutch or clutch components? :huh:

It doesnt. Maybe it was my vigorous 'aggressive' running in of it, so the ECU learns how it should drive. At constant 5.5k+rpm :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Booked in Wheel alignment and rotation tomorrow. A little overdue, only about 3-4weeks after track session at Winton. :blink:

Been steering a little to the left the last few weeks. lol

Dyno power shootout booked in for the 18th next month. Just 3days before i go overseas.

(...85-90KW please...)

:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

:clap: Thankyou Johnnie, I like first two shots.Are you going to paint your lip or keeping it stealth?

Dont know yet John. I might get the TRD front garnish next year. We'll see

Dyno Day today. Gonna go soon. Let you guys know how i go. :D

:clap: Thankyou Johnnie, I like first two shots.Are you going to paint your lip or keeping it stealth?

Dont know yet John. I might get the TRD front garnish next year. We'll see

Dyno Day today. Gonna go soon. Let you guys know how i go. :D

sigh =[

post-10034-0-42285600-1292710221_thumb.j

:( :angry:

Dyno Power run yesterday: 78.9kw [not even killer wasps, this would be killer bees] <_<

Injen cold air intake system, WeaponR extractors and TRD sports axelback muffler = approx 5kw gain. <_<

I know the zre engine isnt the most powerful, but damn, i was hoping to be in the 80s at least, even 1ZZ's with CAIs have better results.

Was so depressing seeing this number. Anyways. Forget the number

This is gonna be daunting for Injen CAI owners.

Upon closer look at the dyno graph, i have good power from 2400rpm to 4000rpm. Then after 4000rpm to 6000rpm the power curve leans out a bit.

Thats when my CAI is sucking at its best, i thought all this time i was getting more power top end but really i didnt. Suction for the loss.

Now, the tuner said that im running lean with too much air and not enough fuel in the air/fuel mixture, about 15-20%! WTF!?

Is that possible or is the tuner sh!t talking me? He did say it was a good thing that i got it breathing better and more air going into it. Got me and shinobi stressing hard yesterday.

After speaking to a few people, if the engine was running lean like back in the days of our CAI CEL problem, wouldnt it throw a CEL? If it was running too lean way off the factory optimal settings?

Another guy that was dynoing his WRX that day told me shouldnt be revving so high if your running lean because it could cause knocking/pinging which could push a piston out and wreck my engine. GG for me. Does that mean no more suction for me at 4K? Shift at under 4K now? FTMFL

Man, i've tracked my zre twice now!! FML!

Now the way we can rectify this running lean business would be to install some kind of AFC (air/fuel controller) to input more fuel into the mixture. End result would be im burning slightly more fuel but oh well.

Another alternative would be to revert back to stock airbox but seriously after all the money and effort we spent for this CAI, fark that.

A friend recommended me to get this AFC http://www.apexi-usa.com/products/?id=5347

If this is the road im gonna take then it wont be cheap, unit approx 500 plus say 250ish install plus tune 150+. sighhhhhhhhhh FFS!

What do you guys think?

get the afc man. You put in heaps of money into this bad boy. may aswell give it that extra push it deserves and finish it off. IMO, never give up on something youve started. Must finish everything youve started all the time

+999999999999999999

well said mate :clap:

i thought that the zres have the intelligent ecu like the zze's reset and it relearns how you drive it...

i'm not toyota tech, but ever since the 3A racing pods been installed it hasnt thrown a CEL. so that means its running optimum within toyota's range... (remember i'm not a profesional) but thats enough to tell me that even though it IS running abit lean, if it doesn't throw a CEL light, its still ok. tuner/dyno runner could be talking sh#t.

just go do more research johnny, u can never have enough...

• 1 month later...