Johnnie Levin ZR 2008

johnnieboi

Very nice mini meet! :D Loving the photos - they all look so good together :clap: I'm more of a fan of the orange at night, looks great :D

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice mini meet! :D Loving the photos - they all look so good together :clap: I'm more of a fan of the orange at night, looks great :D

you should be shot :angry::lol: orange isn't like mine: candy green in the day and lime in the night (when its clean...;)) . just thought about this last night when johnny was coming out of the driveway... orange dash, orange centre console and now orange rims. (always meant to be...) :D

you should be shot :angry::lol: orange isn't like mine: candy green in the day and lime in the night (when its clean...;)) . just thought about this last night when johnny was coming out of the driveway... orange dash, orange centre console and now orange rims. (always meant to be...) :D

Bahahaha!! I meant to me the orange looks better in the night compared to day - I wasn't really sold on them at first. Not that orange looked better than green! :lol: They both look pretty awesome at night :D

Top stuff on the F.E - now you're ready to rock 'n roll!

• 1 month later...

Hrmmmm...

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 or S001? or Toyo T1R Proxes? Or Federal 595 SS or 595EVOs? Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s?

choices choices..

Hrmmmm...

Bridgestone Potenza Adrenalin RE002 or S001? or Toyo T1R Proxes? Or Federal 595 SS or 595EVOs? Yokohama Advan Neova AD08s?

choices choices..

If you're going to track on them as well, my choice would be the Advan AD08's. Have heard only good things about them!

Just randomly looking through my PC and thought i'd share something with you guys.

My first ride: Toyota Celica SX 1993 Liftback Coupe. Purchased after i turned 18 and got my licence.

post-10034-0-45674200-1305200266_thumb.j

post-10034-0-24346400-1305200284_thumb.j

post-10034-0-74856400-1305200295_thumb.j

post-10034-0-15619700-1305200314_thumb.j

Came complete 175,000kms with very slight oil leak

2.5inch XForce catback exhaust system

sports pedals

Stock 3-point front strut brace

My mods:

Bridgestone Potenza GIIIs 205/50/R15 tyres all round

Momo shift knob

New battery

Replacement rear right shock absorber

Replacement Phillips Crystal vision bulbs

Pioneer MP3 player

x2 4inch JBL front speakers

x2 6inch JBL rear seat speakers

x2 6x9inch JBL rear speakers (custom install)

12" JBL subwoofer

Pioneer 6Channel amplifier (sound system was pumping 1000Watts RMS) :wub:

Viper alarm system with remote/central locking

It was the best thing ever in the day. And being young, i loved the drone of my exhaust. :P

It was the start of my Toyota love. :D Wash weekly and driven hard.

Now it has moved on to my dad who has kept it in fine form with deterioating and peeling paintwork, an MP3 player that wont eject CDs, only front speakers and sub work, worn clutch, worn tyres and running with less than 20psi of air in it.

Maybe when dad moves on, i'll keep it and revive it.......... into a track weapon. hehehe

Only thing i didnt like was the celicas turning circle/radius. Other than that i loved every bit of the car.

Just a little something something i wanted to share. :)

Well it was either this or an SR20 S13 Silvia.... :o :g:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After another members ride had an exhaust leak i decided to check my own exhaust, being on axelback TRD muffler i didnt think it would so bad.

I was so wrong...

post-10034-0-87991000-1310120604_thumb.j

post-10034-0-59706000-1310120609_thumb.j

post-10034-0-36639600-1310120618_thumb.j

post-10034-0-27645000-1310120637_thumb.j

post-10034-0-50228400-1310120663_thumb.j

post-10034-0-01019100-1310120745_thumb.j

post-10034-0-21117600-1310120752_thumb.j

post-10034-0-28939400-1310120760_thumb.j

post-10034-0-62065200-1310120772_thumb.j

post-10034-0-30787600-1310120781_thumb.j

post-10034-0-70384500-1310120790_thumb.j

Is this the end for my TRD muffler?? :(

I cleaned up the flanges with compatible sandpaper and used Rustkill liquid and hit it with a wire brushed as best as i could. I even poured the rustbuster liquid down the TRD muffler and flush it with water. It did help remove some of the rust but not all, im afraid that this rust will spread and soon enough eat away at the piping itself. There goes almost 1K on a muffler. sighhhh

The stock piping flange was also rustik but inside was relatively clean, i just hope it hasnt affected all the way up to my WeaponR headers...

Coilovers are gonna have to be set aside, because my next mod will be catback exhaust upgrade 2" stainless steel and deletion of the centre catback/muffler torpedo. If the TRD is gone then i'll probil get the XForce twinloop S10 next, the TRD muffler just way too pricy.

Kenshinx came over and we stuck a magnet along the TRD muffler, all parts of the muffler besides from the small section before the tip and the tip itself had the magnet sticking onto it. So im guessing the TRD muffler stainless steel isnt the bees knees <_<

I must of been driving around with it leaking for quite some time because i've never noticed it before until a few weeks ago when i had a look underneath the car and saw my flanges looking real rusty. Such painnn...

Anways its back on, cleaned up.. still with rust inside the TRD muffler, even with exhaust glue between the flanges.. theres still a tiny little leak on the underside of where the 2flanges meet.

Next mod gonna be exhaust now... goodbye coilovers :angry:

Holy God, your car is still new, and rust that fast.. That only happens unless you live close to the sea. Are you living near the beaches?

That rust is very bad for just few years...

Your WeaponR header is using 304 steel, so it should not rust

You can get the catback system and the cat convertor at the same time, i know it is $$, but if push your car often, and plan to keep your car for long. You better change it, otherwise more trouble few years later..

You will get 5kw gain in mid range

Calculations:

At 4krpm, my one is 62 and your one is 60 due to my pulley of 2kw. I can safely assume the environment factors only play 1kw

At 4.8k my one is 75 and your one is 68

so 75-68-2 = 5kw gain, +-1kw environment factor

Please keep us updated of what you are going after. I do want you to pay more the exhaust, just for peace of mind, and enjoy the power

Edited by ben yip

• 1 month later...

Pending...

Bridgestone Potenza S001s 215/45/17 tyres

Catback exhaust system 2" 304grade stainless steel with new XForce muffler (also 304grade)

Cusco lower body brace bar

Coming soon..

Afterwards will be Pedders Coilovers and Front and rear Dixcel brakepads

Then Winton here we come... B)

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently got a CEL on the weekend while driving. I thought it was another running lean issue which i havent had for over a year now so i took off the front bumper checked all the CAI connections and changed the pod filter again just be sure.

On sunday before the Dyno Day meetup at the carwash, my engine seem to be choking on idle, sputtering at 500-600rpm like it was about to turn off and had some bad engine movement and shaking. Now it seems like this is a misfire/injector problem that i've only heard of once before from another member. After about 20mins it returned to normal but the CEL was still on. Since sunday its been fine but only just today the CEL disappeared and i've booked Toyota in for thursday to check it out.

My question is with no CEL is the problem/fault/code still stored in the ECU? Can they still find out what it is or is it pointless taking it to toyota now?

This misfire issue has been one of the first i've heard from the ZRE engine since owning it for the last 3years. :(