Melbourne Dyno Day

Will you come to a Dyno day if organised for June or September ?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have some bad news. Well, not really bad news just yet.

I got my coilover and will be fitting it this weekend. If I can install it friday night (friends are busy, so Friday night, can't complain), then I can bring it to allignment saturday, I can go for a run in dyno on Sunday. If my friend can only help me fit it this satday, then I am screwed, coz no way I can get allignment done before the Dyno. I was told, need an allignment before dyno.

Will let you guys know this weekend. Please don't erase me from the list :(

Please define point one. Does this include a replacement panel filter over the stock unit?

I reckon a replacement panel filter = not stock any more. Stock should mean no changes to engine whatsoever.

Does that mean that a panel filter from Toyota Service and a panel filter from autobarn or supercheap auto as a replacement is a modification?

A better definition is required, replacement of a "filter" to another "filter" is not deamed a modification by insurance companies, while extra tubing and CAI is.

I would suggest that a normal-sized direct replacement panel filter, no matter the brand is a non-modifications. Obviously the insurance companies assume the same.

Well, if you send it back to Toyota and get an OEM panel filter then of course its still considered stock. If something goes wrong with your engine, it will be covered under warranty. But if you get a K&N panel filter (or any other for that matter), then that has a possibility to void your warranty. K&N also advertises that their panel filters improve your car's performance.

Anyway, I'm sure Lucio (or whoever is organising the prizes) will clear this up.

Say What? A Direct Panel replacement filter such as a K&N voids warranty, what load a crock, not true as its fits inside the current housing, therefore it DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY and is classified as a consumable via Toyota. Been confirmed by a couple of service dealers that I rang today, also by insurance companies.

If you replace the housing, such as the plastic bin that holds the stock size of the panel filter to something different structurally, it may void warranty.

Therefore panel filters no matter make or model is NOT classified as a modification.

Relax man, your car is stock as a rock.

Please define point one. Does this include a replacement panel filter over the stock unit?

I reckon a replacement panel filter = not stock any more. Stock should mean no changes to engine whatsoever.

Does that mean that a panel filter from Toyota Service and a panel filter from autobarn or supercheap auto as a replacement is a modification?

A better definition is required, replacement of a "filter" to another "filter" is not deamed a modification by insurance companies, while extra tubing and CAI is.

I would suggest that a normal-sized direct replacement panel filter, no matter the brand is a non-modifications. Obviously the insurance companies assume the same.

Well, if you send it back to Toyota and get an OEM panel filter then of course its still considered stock. If something goes wrong with your engine, it will be covered under warranty. But if you get a K&N panel filter (or any other for that matter), then that has a possibility to void your warranty. K&N also advertises that their panel filters improve your car's performance.

Anyway, I'm sure Lucio (or whoever is organising the prizes) will clear this up.

Say What? A Direct Panel replacement filter such as a K&N voids warranty, what load a crock, not true as its fits inside the current housing, therefore it DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY and is classified as a consumable via Toyota. Been confirmed by a couple of service dealers that I rang today, also by insurance companies.

If you replace the housing, such as the plastic bin that holds the stock size of the panel filter to something different structurally, it may void warranty.

Therefore panel filters no matter make or model is NOT classified as a modification.

Relax man, your car is stock as a rock.

I agree, I really wouldn't consider a replacement filter alone a modification and in terms of increased performance we're probably talking a difference of 1kw. So Omn1potent goes into the stock box :D

Also it's good that there's is a seperate category for 1zz's and 2zz's as we already which is the more powerful and we really want to be comparing apples with apples.

Hope you can make it Danz, your's is the benchmark 1zz in VIC and I really want to compare mine to yours.

HMm... I'll prob rock up around 10ish (i love far far away). The new catback won't arrive in time anyhw so i'll just settle for a baseline read.

And the award for the most chromed up rolla goes to *drum roll*

Well, not me i guess. I'm sure i can fit more chrome in without looking tacky.

I am iffy about the last two, obviously this is a Toyota (TOCA) Forum and a TOCA event, so should it be: -

Suggestion Categories: -

1. BEST STOCK COROLLA (1zz/2zz seperate).

2. BEST MODIFIED COROLLA (1zz/2zz seperate).

3. BEST TOYOTA NON-COROLLA NORMALLY ASPERATED (includes modified and non-modified).

4. BEST TOYOTA NON-COROLLA FORCED INDUCTION (includes modified and non-modified).

Stuff the rest?

It's great to see that people are so accepting when it comes to other cars.

The Mazda and Opel people were invited to make the events of the day a bit mixed up.... i would get bored seeing 20 corollas in a row get very close to the same reading... Yes it is a TOCAU event, but it doesnt mean that everyone else has to miss out.

Say What?  A Direct Panel replacement filter such as a K&N voids warranty, what load a crock, not true as its fits inside the current housing, therefore it DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY and is classified as a consumable via Toyota.  Been confirmed by a couple of service dealers that I rang today, also by insurance companies.

lol, chill out man.. I'm not even in the Stock comp, I was just concerned about the other stock rollas

I am iffy about the last two, obviously this is a Toyota (TOCA) Forum and a TOCA event, so should it be: -

3. BEST TOYOTA NON-COROLLA NORMALLY ASPERATED (includes modified and non-modified).

4. BEST TOYOTA NON-COROLLA FORCED INDUCTION (includes modified and non-modified).

Stuff the rest?

The Mazda and Opel people were invited to make the events of the day a bit mixed up.... i would get bored seeing 20 corollas in a row get very close to the same reading... Yes it is a TOCAU event, but it doesnt mean that everyone else has to miss out.

Ye, I agree with you HD.. The 3rd and 4th categories don't even exist anyway.. Lucio has cleared it up, we got:

Best Stock Corolla

a.1zzfe

b.2zzge

Best Modified Corolla

a.1zzfe

b.2zzge

Best N/A

Best Forced Induced

I hope you can make it Danz.. shout your friends dinner on Friday night!

Best Stock Corolla

a.1zzfe

b.2zzge

Best Modified Corolla

a.1zzfe

b.2zzge

Best N/A

Best Forced Induced

Hmmm.... Would i be classified as a Corolla? hehe. Im guessing im the only Celica going and i doubt i'd even make the "BEST N/A" category coz perfomance wise im stock as a rock with low k's.

First time doing this, just wondering if weight makes a difference in the power output?

Best Stock Corolla

a.1zzfe

b.2zzge

Best Modified Corolla

a.1zzfe

b.2zzge

Best N/A

Best Forced Induced

Hmmm.... Would i be classified as a Corolla? hehe. Im guessing im the only Celica going and i doubt i'd even make the "BEST N/A" category coz perfomance wise im stock as a rock with low k's.

First time doing this, just wondering if weight makes a difference in the power output?

Nah I dont think weight matters on a dyno, since your car is stationary. Maybe it should be best toyota instead?

Honours ! :D, Mars bars maybe if your lucky.

I think N1 are providing one prize for the highest output on the day, is that correct Lucio ?

But the categories are not there for awards or prizes, the day's about a bit of fun afterall. The categories are there so we can compare oranges with oranges.

Say What?  A Direct Panel replacement filter such as a K&N voids warranty, what load a crock, not true as its fits inside the current housing, therefore it DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY and is classified as a consumable via Toyota.  Been confirmed by a couple of service dealers that I rang today, also by insurance companies.

lol, chill out man.. I'm not even in the Stock comp, I was just concerned about the other stock rollas

Stuff the rest?

Ye, I agree with you HD.. The 3rd and 4th categories don't even exist anyway.. Lucio has cleared it up, we got:

Best Stock Corolla

a.1zzfe

b.2zzge

Best Modified Corolla

a.1zzfe

b.2zzge

Best N/A

Best Forced Induced

I hope you can make it Danz.. shout your friends dinner on Friday night!

Yeah I will. Or, I'll just do it with my other friends while borrowing the tools from the original dude who I appointed to help me.